chrisog

Wheel Horse paint color? Which Red?

chrisog

Does anyone know the red wheel horse color code?  I can try to match a color, but wanted to know if there was a standard color code from a vendor.

JimmyJam

Sorry to say but there are no current vendor Wheel Horse color codes. It depends on what tractor "year" you want to restore and how you want to paint it. I use Rustoleum "Regal Red". Some use the tractor paint color "IH Red". For later tractors, Toro does sell spray cans of their "Toro Red". You see them pop up on Ebay. There are many Redsquare forum topics discussing this very subject. Check them out!

Good Luck!

rmaynard

Pinned to the top of the forum in which you posted this question, is this thread:

You will find many suggestions for the color "Wheel Horse Red". However, since there are no color police out there to site you for using the wrong color, use whatever pleases you.

• Like 3

stevasaurus

chrisog...welcome to Red Square...I have to ask...are you on top of the hill in the plains, or are you down in the desert??  Been through Albuquerque a few years ago...neat city...like to go back someday.  Hope you checked out the thread that Bob is talking about.  It kind of depends on what year horse you are trying to paint, and even then it depends on how much money you want to spend on a special paint.  The information is there and feel free to ask questions...we are here to help.  What horse do you have and you know we like pictures. :)

chrisog

All,

Thanks for the information, I missed the thread mentioned above but will certainly check it out.  I have a 1974 D-200 that I'm getting to know.  I'm here in Albuquerque.  It seems to run well, but I've got some work to do to make it "my own".  I bought some paint I thought would like good, but it was too bright.  I'll certainly review the thread above; thanks again!

zanepetty

I like the look of the IH red.

squonk

:)     

post-2380-0-19889000-1386074208.gif

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1