Wheelbearing

Remotorizing the blower chute

MalMac

This is a very wonderful design. I would have not come up with that. I do think it will need some kind of a cover over it. The amount of snow that will end up on there could cause problems. Especially if it's a wet snow and it freezes. You should be proud of yourself for overcoming a design flaw with something that works much better.

Wheelbearing

Are you riding the idlers on shoulder bolts with no bearing?  You may want to at least throw some bronze bushings in there as it won't take much water to rust those components together and bind up.   Great job though. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Oh and was the Doors tune in the background just an accident or was it a message?

This is the end.....

Or is it....

I put new shorter shoulder bolts in.  The new bolts and sprockets are all stainless.  I think Apocalypse now was playing in the back ground.  That's where the doors toon came from.

BPC23

WB, would you mind giving us the specs of the motor your using, like manufacturer, model, rpm, torque?  I've got a couple choices of motors in my spare "motor box" in the basement, but am struggling with how much torque I should expect to need.

Thank you!

Wheelbearing

WB, would you mind giving us the specs of the motor your using, like manufacturer, model, rpm, torque?  I've got a couple choices of motors in my spare "motor box" in the basement, but am struggling with how much torque I should expect to need.

Thank you!

The motor was called a globe motor.   I measured about 60rpm timing it.  Then I reduced it 9 to 1.   The chute turns roughly 6 rpm with friction.  The motor is around 150 in*lbs 

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/media/papers/2034