AMC RULES

:thanks:

post-3498-0-32341800-1384177683_thumb.jp

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 1

953 nut

:text-yeahthat:   I Salute all of my fellow Veterans.    :text-thankyouyellow: 

nylyon

On Thursday, our local High School will be putting on a Veterans Concert, with all the bands, and vocal groups.  BOTH of my girls have elected to miss their Varsity Football / Cheer dinner celebration to participate in the concert!  Thank You!

• Like 4

dclarke

Well said Tim. Thank you Veterans!

Ed Kennell

Thanks to all who served.  We appreciate what you have done for us.  Enjoy your special day and many more.

CasualObserver

I had the honor of attending an amazing Veterans Day program at our elementary school this morning with my little kindergartener.  I have never been more proud to have served in the armed forces of our country.  The program was fantastic, it's very clear that patriotism is a very high priority for our school and our town.  It was very well attended and supported.  It brought tears to my eyes to have 700 little Kindergarten-4th graders stand up and recite the Pledge of Allegiance and sing "God Bless the USA" and "Thank You Soldiers" to the large group of veterans that were there. After the program, then all the kids who had veterans there took them on a hand in hand parade through the halls, which were lined both sides all the way through the school with students and teachers all holding/waving little flags, and who were saying "Thank you for your service."  I have never been more proud, and my little girl just beamed.  She was so proud to be walking through with me.

To all my fellow veterans.  Thank you for your service and sacrifice.  This continues to be the Land of the Free because of you.  Semper Fidelis.

Edit: received a copy of the teacher's picture today.

nov11-2013.jpg

Edited by CasualObserver
added picture
  • Like 5

stevasaurus

Jason...that is just beautiful...got tears in my eyes just reading your post...WOW  Happy Veterans Day Mate. :)

• Like 2

953 nut

:USA:   When I came home in '68 Jane Fonda had everyone convinced that we were baby killers. It is so refreshing to see the welcom home crews at all of our big airports today. :text-bravo: I spent a couple of hours doing this at the Atlanta Airport while waiting for my wife's plane; it was great. :text-thankyouyellow: 

• Like 1

roscoemi

Jason, that rocks! That will be a time that you both will remember for a lifetime. :handgestures-thumbupright:  MalMac, those two words mean so much to those that have served, THANK YOU TOO!

• Like 2

Gunny

If I may share a little story that happened to me.  I travel a lot with my job, sitting at the gate in Atlanta airport waiting on a flight to Dallas, TX.  I had only been away from home for 3 weeks and on the last leg.  I noticed a young Marine kept going to the counter checking to see if he was on the flight.  This young Marine was on 2 weeks R-R from Iraq, and the date was Nov 8.  He was trying to get home in time for the Marine Corps Birthday Ball, of which he was the 4th generation Marine in his family.   Talking with him, found out he had been waiting at the airport since the night before.  I talked with the gate agent, gave up my seat so he could get home.  When they called his name, he was extremely excited.  He sat down beside me, and asked me about his seat number.  I told him he was up in the front and how lucky he was.  I provided my cell phone so he could call his folks and let hem know he had a flight home.  The best part of all of this was the phone call I received later that night from a very happy Mom and a most gracious Dad.  The things we do for our Service Members might seem trivial to us, but the voice of a thankful Mom  and Dad is worth much more.  Thanks to all Soldiers, Sailors, Marine, Airmen and Guardsmen that have served or still serving.  Semper Fi. 

• Like 5

roscoemi

Gunny, you are an example of what is right with this country! Thank you

• Like 2

JC 1965

it was an honor to serve my country. Thank all of you that have served and those that are serving now. God bless you all.  :USA:

• Like 1

neil

post-2119-0-38169500-1384324575.jpgpost-2119-0-90617600-1384324514.jpg

Thank You America

• Like 3

neil

A couple of years ago i took my son to France to commemorate the D day landings  & i would just like to say that the US Military Cemetary is one of those most beautiful places i have ever seen  .

If ever you get the chance to visit europe then i would highly recommend the most humbling place to visit is the US Military cemetary

The picture below is of the US military cemetary in Cambridge South East England  again this is also a very beautyful place  with nearly 4000 US serviceman buried here

THANK YOU

post-2119-0-23901200-1384325994.jpg

• Like 3

nylyon

Last night was the Brewster High School Varsity Football / Cheer dinner, it was also the Brewster High School Salute to Veterans.  As mentioned earlier, my girls chose to perform at the Veterans Celebration over the dinner.  This isn't some back woods event, but a full production to honor our veterans past and present.  The evening is orchestrated with music from our award winning marching band (recently played in Dublin Ireland St. Patricks day 2013) and an ensemble of the 4 choirs at BHS.  There are speeches by NY State Senator Greg Ball (Air Force Veteran) as well as many others including a Gold Star Mom who's strength is amazing.

I uploaded to YouTube the finale to the show, where the BHS band and entire Chorus salutes all branches of the military.  I stood during the Air Force section in honor of my father.

• Like 3

CasualObserver

I just had to go back and edit my post today... My daughter's teacher emailed me a copy of the picture from Monday.  Made me smile all over again.

• Like 1

roscoemi

Pretty cool Karl, and your right, that's a no B.S. production. I would be proud if my boys decided the same thing. Was thinking you needed to crack the woman in front of you in the skull with your camera, she was blocking my view! LOL :ychain:

• Like 1

nylyon

That seat was EMPTY until the very finale!