Kevbo

Camry Transmission AMSOIL or Mobile ATF?

Kevbo

Just a quick survey question for everyone...I would like to do a fluid change in my transmission on my 2001 Camry with 80,000 miles. In cold weather my transmission does not shift right away into drive when I back down my driveway onto the main street. It takes about three seconds sometime for it to kick in. I had this same issue with my other 1991 Camry that I sold and a fluid change helped the problem. However, I have learned a great deal from the forum about quality fluids making the difference  :handgestures-thumbupright:  So any AMSOIL or Mobil fans want to give their opinion on which ATF I should use?  I know an AMSOIL dealer who can hook me up but I want to hear what everyone here has to say. 

Thanks guys! 

Sparky

I know nothing about the Camry transmission but make sure that there is not a tranny filter that needs changing at the same time. Those "Jiffy Lube" type places that do tranny fluid swaps are famous for sucking the old fluid out thru the tranny dipstick filler tube which means they are not swapping the filter.

I avoid all those places for any service work that I'm not comfortable doing myself.

Mike........

Kevbo

Thanks for the advice Sparky I will be doing this myself and changing the filter for sure! Any good quality filter brands out there anyone?