Muel

Muel's B100

Muel

Thanks to the input from everyone that chimed in on my "Introductions" post, I am now the proud owner of a B100.  This is my first tractor and I'm pretty excited about it.

I found this tractor on CL.  It was more than two hours away so I was hesitant to look at it because there were a couple other Wheel Horses that were closer and cheaper, but this was the only B100.  So I posted on this site for input, and everybody recommended the B100.  So my two year old, Demarco, and I took a little road trip out to take a look at it.

The guy that was selling it worked at a Wheel Horse dealership for 20 some odd years before they were purchased by Toro.  Now he buys old tractors, fixes them up and sells them.  Although this one shows its age, he did a great job getting it work ready.  The tractor fired right up.  I took it for a ride, ran it through all the gears, ran the deck and just played around with it for a while.  Everything seems to work great.  Only a little smoke when the choke was on at start up, no oil dripping that I could see and the rear axel seals are holding in the lube.

I ended up paying $500 for it which may have been a little high, but it was complete, came with a snow plow and needs nothing done to it (other than making it pretty).  I know you guys love photos, so I took some for you.

post-11914-0-26908800-1383370212_thumb.j

post-11914-0-07337800-1383370253_thumb.j

post-11914-0-15726100-1383370318_thumb.j

post-11914-0-33600600-1383370328_thumb.j

• Like 2

Muel

More pics

More pics

More pics

Plow

post-11914-0-11522000-1383370473_thumb.j

post-11914-0-89535700-1383370478_thumb.j

post-11914-0-78935300-1383370483_thumb.j

post-11914-0-70020100-1383370561_thumb.j

post-11914-0-85240500-1383370568_thumb.j

post-11914-0-56992300-1383370574_thumb.j

post-11914-0-04519200-1383370695_thumb.j

post-11914-0-75660200-1383370701_thumb.j

• Like 3

Muel

Demarco came with me to pick it up.  He loves the tractor already.  Wifey even wanted to drive it.  I had to put it in a storage unit for now since we just bought a house and have to move soon.

post-11914-0-55384200-1383370937_thumb.j

post-11914-0-08446900-1383370949_thumb.j

• Like 6

Muel

This will be my first tractor project.  Don't get too excited, I have a few other projects going on so this will probably string out over the next decade or so.  I love older mechanical stuff.  I like finding and rebuilding old motorcycles.  I'm only a purist on pre WW2 stuff, so this probably won't be a stock resto.  I love the ag tires I have seen on your tractors, so I will eventually get some of those.  Other than that, this will be just a basic clean up and paint.

I'm still working on a couple bikes right now that I have not yet finished.  This one is my current project bike:

post-11914-0-59757400-1383371494_thumb.j

• Like 2

Tankman

Welcome to the forums and thanks for posting the Stallion's photos.

Horse looks great! Will be gorgeous when painted, be sure to post progress snapshots!

• Like 1

rmaynard

:thumbs: You can't beat a nice B-100. As I said, I have been the owner of four and now currently have three.  I'm sure your 1976 will look great when it's done.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Nice looking  :wh: score...   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

can't wait to see your progress. 

• Like 1

boovuc

:WRS:

Nice complete machine! Better plan on more storage space! The bug will bite once you start using it and you get what you want done to it!

• Like 1

Sparky

Are you planning on using it this winter for snow removal duty at the new house? Might want to start looking for rear wheel weights and maybe chains.

Love that bike!!

Mike...........

• Like 1

KC9KAS

Nice find. You will get a lot of work out of the B-100. I have a 1975 B-100 that is an auto and I like it, but need a mower for it.

Any time you make a purchase some may think it was high, or a good deal, or a "steel", but the main thing is: If you are happy and comfortable with your purchase, that is all that matters!   Oh, you also have to make momma happy, but we never tell momma what we really paid!

I guess you have read enough on here to realize that now that you have a WH there will be more to come! :woohoo:

• Like 1

speedyleedy

Great picture's hope you enjoy your new to you B100 ! :)

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Congragulations, this is only the beginning :)

• Like 1

limited12

Nice purchase,

As every one has stated this will be the first of many

• Like 1

Muel

Thanks everyone!  I will definitely keep you all posted as I make slow progress on this.

Yeah, Sparky, I am planning on using this for snow removal as well.  Where do you guys usually find your ag tires and wheel weights?

Sparky

Thanks everyone!  I will definitely keep you all posted as I make slow progress on this.

Yeah, Sparky, I am planning on using this for snow removal as well.  Where do you guys usually find your ag tires and wheel weights?

I wouldn't go buying a set of Ag's if your thinking they are the best snow tires....they are not. Turfs with chains beats ag's everytime and ag's are horrible in the snow when your going in reverse.. As far as wheel weights, any brand of weight made for a 12" rim will fit. Start  scanning Craigslist and the classifieds here, or post your own wanted ad. I prefer the cast ones for a few reasons including that they dont stick out as far from the edge of the rim as the plastics do. Wheel weights are shippable (one per package) so maybe one of our vendors can ship you a set. I've heard that there is an "If it fits it ships" box at the post office that a single weight will fit into for a fair price.

Mike.........

• Like 2

Muel

Good to know.  Thanks!

i967mustang

Nice tractor, once you run that WH you will never want to give it up. I bought one, then sold it hunted for another and bought three. Finished one out of the three and sold the other two to finance the project. then went looking for another one, bought that and now I have one for snow and one for grass

• Like 1

Wheel Horse Kid

Very nice B100! I had one here awhile back and it was a great tractor! Really don't think you did too bad on the price since you got the blade and deck! By the way, Welcome to RedSquare!

• Like 1

47JDG

That tractor will clean up nice and look great with a little fresh paint. I like the old worn "patina" look as well. I have a recent freshly painted WH and one that looks about like yours. The big block 10 horse is a real good worker and good on fuel also. Your family is going to get a lot of enjoyment out of that tractor. Enjoy!

I like the cafe racer look of your Yamaha also. Looks cool.

• Like 1

WH nut

If you do end up getting another, don't keep them in the same stall. The little bastards like to breed.

• Like 3

neil

Welcome to Redsquare,

I kinda like your tractor as it is . with just a little wipe  over with a oily rag & maybe paint the rims & a new seat  she would look real nice .

She`s only original once .

Love that Bike

From over the Pond :flags-wavegreatbritain:  :flags-wavegreatbritain:  :flags-wavegreatbritain:

• Like 1

Muel

. . .. now I have one for snow and one for grass

That would be awesome.  I imagine that's where this will eventually lead.

Very nice B100! I had one here awhile back and it was a great tractor! Really don't think you did too bad on the price since you got the blade and deck! By the way, Welcome to RedSquare!

Thanks! Yeah, I'm comfortable with the price considering I had budgeted that to spend on cheap newer style one.

That tractor will clean up nice and look great with a little fresh paint. I like the old worn "patina" look as well. I have a recent freshly painted WH and one that looks about like yours. The big block 10 horse is a real good worker and good on fuel also. Your family is going to get a lot of enjoyment out of that tractor. Enjoy!

I like the cafe racer look of your Yamaha also. Looks cool.

Thanks a lot!  I also really like the patina look.  You've got the wheels turning.  I may hold off on the total repaint and maybe rock the patina for a bit with a touch of Farmall inspiration.

If you do end up getting another, don't keep them in the same stall. The little bastards like to breed.

Hahahaha.  I see that.

Welcome to Redsquare,

I kinda like your tractor as it is . with just a little wipe  over with a oily rag & maybe paint the rims & a new seat  she would look real nice .

She`s only original once .

Love that Bike

From over the Pond :flags-wavegreatbritain:  :flags-wavegreatbritain:  :flags-wavegreatbritain:

Very true.  Thanks!

• Like 1

Muel

We moved in to the new house and got our first snow.  I attempted to fit the plow on for the first time and it appears this plow wasn't intended for this tractor.  The top rails of the plow frame were hitting in several places.  I love Wheel Horses, but I'm more utilitarian that purist, so this was nothing a cutting wheel couldn't fix.  I'm missing a few parts for the plow as well, but I was still able to jury rig it enough that I was able to plow.  It worked great.  I got done plowing the driveway and didn't want to stop even though I was freezing to death.  Still have to get weights and chains, but it did pretty good without them.

20140102_135205_zpsa44d8496.jpg

Here's a view out the sunroom of the new house

20131226_100028_zps8d906afd.jpg

oaktown1987

Looks like the plow is for a short frame tractor

Sparky

Looks like the plow is for a short frame tractor

I agree. You'll need to find a long frame plow or lengthen the frame on yours.

Mike............