Pics first

post-6518-0-29411800-1383166827_thumb.jp

post-6518-0-62755000-1383167607_thumb.jp

post-6518-0-44522200-1383167652_thumb.jp

What's left of the decal

post-6518-0-93448000-1383167696_thumb.jp

post-6518-0-69760800-1383167738_thumb.jp

post-6518-0-04451000-1383167843_thumb.jp

Ok lets start with these if you need some other view let Mr know and I'Lo get them. Thanks for the help

Austin860

I'm sure a full tractor pic will help the experts, that's like a tease!

1054josh

Yea I know but my phone won't take a pic small enough to up load it sorry. Ill try and figure something out thou

CasualObserver

1960 Suburban 400

Lever throttle/choke, and a plug in the hole for the ignition switch.... those are your two clues.   Side plate visible on trans appear to be missing the holes for he AH-60 hitch though?  That's weird.  Might have been replaced with an RJ trans in it?

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

that is a 60 400 or 550...probably a 400 because there is no toolbox

Edit....Jason beat me to it as I was typing. lol

Edited by Jake Kuhn
  • Like 1

stevasaurus

Give us a picture of the brake shaft side of the trans...if the transmission is original...the piece of steel that the brake band mounts on will be at a 45 degree angle instead of vertical.  Got a great find there...let us know what you intend to do with it. :)

1054josh

I hope to get all parts that I need at some point and then to restore it . I got a line on a small k series for it I hope

• Like 1

1054josh

post-6518-0-66233400-1383172983_thumb.jp

Hope this helps

post-6518-0-19293300-1383173132_thumb.jp

Is this the hitch part that you are talking about?

CasualObserver

Nope... the auxiliary hitch. AH-60. Looks like this.

Posted Image

It mounts in two holes at the top of the side plates.

Via Tapatalk 4

wallfish

That's the RJ 58/59 transmission.

The reason for the aux hitch that Jason is showing is because the 400 tractors used the normal hitch to lift the mower deck and then the aux hitch was used to pull a trailer or something. Only needed if you have the deck. He saw there was no holes for it which is one of the identifiers for that model tractor. Good eye Jason!

The correct trans would have the brake band mounting stub in a different location and mounted at a 45 deg angle. The RJ trans can be used but modification to way it works will be needed. The RJ pedal is designed to pull the connecting rod and the 400 pedal is designed to push it.

I can get you some pics of each one if you need them.