RMCIII

What will you be using this winter to clear the snow?

Desko

Me if I can find an engine will be using my 416H (i can get pics to the site but don't know how to resize them)

DoctorHfuhruhurr

Me if I can find an engine will be using my 416H (i can get pics to the site but don't know how to resize them)

Try this site  http://www.picresize.com/

• Like 1

RMCIII

I plan on using my trusty 416/20 with a 48" blade. I would LOVE to use the 522xi IF I can find a blade for it.

....oh yeah, and rear brackets also!

:eusa-think: Are blowers against the law in your part of the world? Just wondering why the blade for the "xi" and not a blower. That 22 would EAT through anything with a blower hanging off the the front of it.

Rob

• Like 1

nhunt308

Ill be using the 312-8 as I do for everything!

jyratyha.jpg

jyratyha.jpg

jyratyha.jpg

Opps. Dang cell service

• Like 2

aaubrey96

06265a097c10c8f636e9436efd8bf2e7.jpg

I'll get to use this lt85a agco at work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

RMCIII

06265a097c10c8f636e9436efd8bf2e7.jpg

I'll get to use this lt85a agco at work

ok, no fair, you are banned from posting anything else! :ychain:  :laughing-rofl:  Actually we will all want to see a video this winter of that monster pilling up the snow.

Rob

• Like 1

aaubrey96

I'll see what I can do the hardest part will be remembering to take one

• Like 1

squonk

Cool nights and leaves turning. Started me thinking. I wanted the weights out of the shed and Elvis needed something to do, so I made a place in the garage to store them and moved them while the gettin's good!  :)

post-2380-0-27073200-1409413078_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Geno

Now's the time to think about that stuff, it will be snowing before you know it!  :)

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Just got my snow machine finished yesterday. This is the 520 junker I started on last March. Bring it on Ole man winter, I'll be warm and dry.

post-7208-0-86292100-1409421799_thumb.jppost-7208-0-92593100-1409421855_thumb.jp

Edited by ekennell
  • Like 7

RMCIII

Just got my snow machine finished yesterday. This is the 520 junker I started on last March. Bring it on Ole man winter, I'll be warm and dry.

attachicon.gifIMG_3378.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_3386.JPG

I buy that JUNK!!! Last time someone said that, it was about a 48" 7 iron JD deck. The owner said it was junk, shot, no good. Took it home, cleaned it up, and what do you know. It was a 60" 7 iron that was in almost new condition. It just looked bad because of the placement of where it had been stored. A spondlew were fine and belts were like new. So, if you are thinking of selling that Junker, let me know.... :laughing-rofl:  Becasue that is a nice looking piece of JUNK!

Rob

• Like 1

RMCIII

Cool nights and leaves turning. Started me thinking. I wanted the weights out of the shed and Elvis needed something to do, so I made a place in the garage to store them and moved them while the gettin's good!  :)

Squonk, wanna trade?????

Rob

Firpo701

Sweet Sadie! My trusty family owned 701! I can't wait!! :-)

post-12671-0-01167700-1409471504_thumb.j

• Like 1

Hossenfeffa

Just about finished. Gotta drill another set screw hole in the drive pulley for the thrower

post-13481-0-29317200-1409603647_thumb.j

• Like 1

Hossenfeffa

And, hopefully this will do just as well as the Simplicity 4212H has done for 15 years! Over 105 inches of snow last year!

post-13481-0-73031300-1409603748_thumb.j

Edited by Hossenfeffa
  • Like 1

RMCIII

Looks good Hoss! Just remember the videos also once the white stuff starts to fly..... I just got back my skids. I had them reinforced... I may get another 1/2 a season out of them, then it will be time for new ones..... At $39.00 a skid, that ain't chump change. Especially when they would only last 1/2 season without the use of Poly on the bottom of them.....

Rob

Hossenfeffa

Poly? Please fill me in

Edited by Hossenfeffa

damon91

Here Is my Commando 8 at work, This is what I mainly use

post-8026-0-85541600-1409624905_thumb.jp

Here is my late 70's Ariens. I know its not red, but it is a well built machine. This is my backup in case  the snow is too deep or heavy to push.

post-8026-0-15291500-1409624927_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Pocketraisins

Well, this year I will be prepared.

If its light snow, I will be using the C-101 and plow.

Medium/Heavy snow I will be using my Gravely 20G with plow (I know, I know...at least its red).

For the heavy stuff, its back to the Wheelhorse corral for the 520-H and single stage blower.

Now to get the blower off of the C-101 and onto the 520-H...then get the plow on the Gravely...then to get the blade on the C-101.

See! Easy as pie!

I'm also going to try and find time to mod the single stage with rubber flap on impeller and put a rubber squeegee on the two plows and maybe even see about doing a mod to the scraper edge on the blower. We will see how that goes if there is time.

post-4824-0-79313200-1409627245_thumb.jp

post-4824-0-67541700-1409627735.jpg

post-4824-0-11247600-1409724052.jpg

Edited by Pocketraisins
  • Like 2

RMCIII

Pocket - I think that is the first Gravely tractor we have seen fitted for snow duty. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

RMCIII

Damon - nice looking older Ariens..... Ariens made some quality stuff back in the day! Commando, I am sure, will earn it's keep in PA.

Rob

RMCIII

Hoss - HDPE (High Density Polyethylene plastic), or your basic material that is used to fabricate cutting boards.... Someone else had showed, in a thread, how to make your skids last longer.... Use your skids as a template on some HDPE, cut out the HDPE, and bolt onto the bottom of your skids. Makes them last twice as long as normal, maybe even longer. I used an old cutting board, and got 6 templates, out of the board. 3 for the right skid and 3 for the left skid. I have (2) templetes left for each skid to start my season out..... One of the best ideas I have seen to help the longevity of your skids......

Rob

• Like 1

Geno

Thanks for the tip Rob!   :thanks:

RMCIII

Thanks for the tip Rob!   :thanks:

Well, wish I could take credit, but like mentioned, someone else suggested that idea to me last year. Now I am just passing it along..... :)

857 horse

857 WITH ALL 4 WEIGHTS......48" PLOW....DONT ,,,WONT,,,CANT STOP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST FOUND A SINGLE STAGE BLOWER....857 #2 IS GONNA TRY THAT THIS WINTER

WHY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT SNOW???   ITS 90 OUTSIDE !!!   OLOOLLOOLO