RMCIII

What will you be using this winter to clear the snow?

RJMcEachern

Guess I should add the two youtube videos I made with my new snow blower here also...

Part 1

Part 2

RJMcEachern

• Like 2

AMC RULES

You guys are getting pounded... hang in there

Bring that grader home 1st chance you get

Gonna need that big ol' Cat if it keeps this up...

put down a measured 20" overnight here.  :scared-eek: 

post-3498-0-41628600-1392395013_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

Repeat of yesterday

Tecky ready to go

post-7208-0-79614500-1392402810.jpg

Hard at work

post-7208-0-55375700-1392402828.jpg

And on auto pilot

post-7208-0-34390400-1392402851.jpg

All done

post-7208-0-62171500-1392402875.jpg

And back in the stall

post-7208-0-25546100-1392402912.jpg

ready for tomorrow 5 more " tonight

• Like 1

RMCIII

Ed;

I wish I had the auto pilot option. I guess that option stopped sometime in the 80's. Lol.

RMCIII

Doug

Take the Caddy and go play someplace else. :). That is just about the best way to blow snow. Only way it could be better is if it were mounted on the front instead of the rear!

Hodge71

The 18 is running again…tire chains tomorrow…..finally…..

• Like 2

n1defan

gejyru7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

RMCIII

What a season it has been.... You all have contributed so many great photos and videos of what will be remembered as a winter for the record books..... Some of you have dealt with the white stuff more than others.... I know Illinois, Buffalo, and Pennsylvania all got hammered this year. Other states that barley would see snow, saw snow and freezing rain several times this year. Texas, Tennessee, the Carolina's...If I were to give an award out for the "best" rigged Garden tractor, I think it would have to go to...... DUKE!!!!!!! His video shows it all....I would imagine after the comments he received, we may see an 8-track player in next years video.......

I hope to see a few more photos or videos, but if not, THANK YOU ALL for the great memories...

• Like 1

Ken B

If Duke puts an 8 track player in there he better not forget the Disco ball! That sure is one MEAN MACHINE!

• Like 1

SethL1984

Well Men, I just might be one of the last people to get PAID to run my horse!! 

I'm a maintenance director and brought the 414 I saved from an Amish guy to help clean the parking spaces and sidewalks, as well as salt!

FANTASTIC IDEA!! I've saved to much time this year! (money too!) 

Edited by SethL1984
  • Like 1

Wheel-N-It

I didn't have nearly the snow you guys had but there was alot of ground and roadway for me to clear. I had to break out the the Mahindra Horse with a 6foot blade for this job.

post-5982-0-54615600-1392819687_thumb.jp

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:hilarious:

Myhindra horse.

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 3

Hodge71

Indian horse?

• Like 2

jackhammer

Sorry but I had to chuckle out loud about the 2 threads above

• Like 2

Wheel-N-It

Yes it's Indian alright but at the same time it's an updated International tractor. Also too it's American as it has an EATON transmission and rear end. Mahindra was building for International in the 1960's, and this particular model came forward from that time. It is one tough Son of a Gun! The three point lift is unbelieveably strong. I have taken this tractor with the blade you see on it and lifted the rear of a Chevy C10 cargo van loaded down with scrap metal, and pushed the whole van (with four flat tires) uphill and onto a dovetail equipment trailer so we could take the van to the scrap metal yard.

Really I was going to buy a new John Deere or Massey Ferguson, but the John Deere's are too narrow and the bodywork is plastic. They are not made in America. The Mahindra is all steel. The Massey Ferguson's are not made in America either, so whats a Wheel Horse guy to do??? I have a friend from India who is a Mechanical Engineer and is very familiar with the Mahindra operation. He told me this series of Mahindra tractors were designed to run for 75 years.

This is why I refer to it as my Mahindra Horse; It's Red, It's Heavy, It has an American Transmission and rearend, it's all steel, and it's designed to run for 75 years. That my friends is about as close to being a Wheel Horse as you will ever get :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by Wheel-N-It
  • Like 3

Hodge71

Van Im not sure how many tractors are truly made in America anymore. Yanmar makes all of the tractors for Junk Deere up to the 4005 Utility Tractor so they're made in China, From my understanding AGCO is a conglomerate that makes Massey Ferguson, New Holland, Case/IH in America, Canada and some in Mexico but uses many different manufacturers for parts. Mahindra as we said is Indian and Kubota is Japanese but makes everything themselves so maybe thats a good thing. Its a shame where we have gone as a country. Nothing really good comes from here anymore and when it does people don't want to spend money on a quality tractor. I think thats why Toro killed Wheel Horse. We are just an assembly point and thats sad. Ive driven a Mahindra machine they are heavy duty, I would say you can't beat them for the money. I never knew they built for International Harvester though. 

• Like 2

leeave96

Agco owns/makes Massey Ferguson and Fiat owns/makes New Holland and Case IH.  The Fiat company is CNH.

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Van Im not sure how many tractors are truly made in America anymore. Yanmar makes all of the tractors for Junk Deere up to the 4005 Utility Tractor so they're made in China, From my understanding AGCO is a conglomerate that makes Massey Ferguson, New Holland, Case/IH in America, Canada and some in Mexico but uses many different manufacturers for parts. Mahindra as we said is Indian and Kubota is Japanese but makes everything themselves so maybe thats a good thing. Its a shame where we have gone as a country. Nothing really good comes from here anymore and when it does people don't want to spend money on a quality tractor. I think thats why Toro killed Wheel Horse. We are just an assembly point and thats sad. Ive driven a Mahindra machine they are heavy duty, I would say you can't beat them for the money. I never knew they built for International Harvester though. 

:text-yeahthat:  :text-goodpost: I'm in total agreement with what you have said here Jeff. I had to put up a quote because what you have written is definetly worth another read from everybody here, and more especially from the younger members who don't know or remember how good American manufacturing was in it's Heyday. Thank you for adding in that Massey Ferguson is owned by AGCO. I was not 100% sure of that as I was making my earlier post which is why I did not mention that fact. This is one of the reasons I did not purchase a MF. The new Massey Fergusons are not made by Massey Ferguson any more. Plus I did not want to put my money down on a new full sized tractor with a Chinese engine in it. Thats just not me.

Also to Bill. Thank you for adding to this thread with your information regarding AGCO and Fiat.

• Like 2

Hodge71

Agco owns/makes Massey Ferguson and Fiat owns/makes New Holland and Case IH.  The Fiat company is CNH.

Heckuva farmer I am..I guess I shoulda known that or at least researched it before I put both feet in my mouth….. :text-imsorry:

• Like 1

jackhammer

My apology also --  Wheel-N-It

GT14

My trusty GT 14 with 18 HP Kohler

post-4239-0-32943700-1392911645.jpg

• Like 1

leeave96

Actually if you look at the lower end Massey Ferguson 35-50ish hp tractors, they bear a striking resemblance to the older models.  I've got a 1962 year make MF 50 diesel and some castings are still the same!

Wheel-N-It

My apology also --  Wheel-N-It

No apology necessary Jack or Jeff. Everything is cool, and this is a fun thread to post a contrubution about tractors of all sizes and manufacturer. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Lets keep it going!

RMCIII

BIG, BIG - THANK -YOU ALL for helping make this thread so lively throughout the snow season..... :handgestures-thumbupright:  :handgestures-thumbupright:  I have truly enjoyed watching the videos and seeing the pictures.....We truly went through a winter to remember.. :occasion-snowman: . I am sure anyone who has been dealing with the white stuff since October is ready for the white stuff to be gone.... :techie-hourglass: ! Here in Cleveland we escaped the 5" everyone else got around us. I'm no weatherman, but I am sure we are through the worst of it and brighter days are just around the corner...Remember the other thread I started "Spring To/Do List".... Post the videos and photos once you have completed your list....Will be fun to see the transformation for those of us who use the same GT.....Everyone else who has the room for more than 1 tractor, hats off to you.....

Again, thank you all for making this such a lively thread this winter.... :text-thankyoublue:  :text-thankyoublue:  :bow-yellow:

Edited by RMCIII
  • Like 2