RMCIII

What will you be using this winter to clear the snow?

mattd860

I am in the process of rebuilding 2 520's and one has a 2 stage blower and the other will have the snow blade from my Ford lgt 165. For now I have to make do with this.

attachicon.gifFeb 9 2013 snow blowing 15.JPG

attachicon.gifFeb 9 2013 snow blowing 17.JPG

Actually it is nice to have a heavy tractor with a cab, heat and four wheel drive but the Wheel horse will be handy for the smaller snow. For heavy ice the front end loader works well.

Cleat

Sorry WH fans, but this is MY DREAM TRACTOR!! I've owned all the WH snow removal equipment and love it all but still would take THIS setup (on a Kubota or JD) over the WH every time. But I have a very long driveway - for small stuff the WH beats every time hands down :)

leeave96

Sorry WH fans, but this is MY DREAM TRACTOR!! I've owned all the WH snow removal equipment and love it all but still would take THIS setup (on a Kubota or JD) over the WH every time. But I have a very long driveway - for small stuff the WH beats every time hands down :)

Probably has foot control too... ;)

mattd860

Probably has foot control too... ;)

FACTORY foot control. Not something that takes me weeks and weeks of late nights trying to developed :)

• Like 1

RMCIII

Matt:

Did you, by chance, see my comments and his responses? Unless you have a front mounted attachment, it is truly a "pain in the neck"..... I have spent hundreds of hours "looking backwards". While the cab and heat do provide a level of comfort while in the elements. The reality sets in once you try to fall asleep at night and realize the comfort your had outside is now being paid for, with your sleep inside... Unless you get something that has a front mount, big $$$, you are better off no matter the situation looking ahead. Way to many hours looking back vs. looking ahead... :handgestures-thumbupright:  :handgestures-thumbupright:

cleat

Well, the tractor in the picture is a gear drive, no foot control. Actually for going backwards this I think works better as I sit sideways in the seat and just look sideways.

It's no Kubota or JD but is a Chinese knockoff that runs real well for about 1/3 the price. I don't worry too much about local jobs with a small tractor purchase because they are all made overseas.

Cleat

Fun Engineer

All dressed up in her winter clothes.

008_zpseb689372.jpg

011_zps92c246d1.jpg

013_zpsbd86b161.jpg

How's that snowthrower working for you Denny?

The tractor looks great.

dclarke

All dressed up in her winter clothes.

008_zpseb689372.jpg

011_zps92c246d1.jpg

013_zpsbd86b161.jpg

How's that snowthrower working for you Denny?

The tractor looks great.

Dave, It's working great, I've used it quite a bit this winter.  Last Friday I used it for several hours at one of our local cemeteries clearing snow for a funeral, never missed a beat. Sure glad I have the six speed tranny, it really helps with just 8H.P.

• Like 2

RMCIII

I'd like to hear from anyone in PA, Tennessee, GA, North or South CA. I am sure someone would have, at the least, some good photos and possibly a nice video?????? What say the horse fans in that area?????

• Like 2

squonk

The're still in shock!

• Like 2

RMCIII

The're still in shock!

Yeah, White stuff, what is this???

Desko

I'd like to hear from anyone in PA, Tennessee, GA, North or South CA. I am sure someone would have, at the least, some good photos and possibly a nice video?????? What say the horse fans in that area?????

the winter here in S.W PA has been harsh with the snow cold and rain making it a perfect ice rink. Sorry no pictures don't know how to upload them. Ready for some spring:)

Edited by Desko
  • Like 1

Ed Kennell

Here are a couple thru the window pics . I'm not going out till  it stop.  Still snowing horizontal out of the NE.

post-7208-0-65048700-1392298448.jpg

post-7208-0-42424200-1392298498.jpg

post-7208-0-74252000-1392298541.jpg

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Quick update on Pax.      Compare the bird bath with the second pic above at 8:30.  Put down about 6 more inches in 2 hrs.

post-7208-0-61507700-1392306806.jpg

Yep, that's 18"

post-7208-0-46946000-1392306821.jpg

Still snowing, but the wind let up, so I guess it's time to take the horse out to play.  I took the blower side extensions off. I need more height  not width.

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Just came in...thought I'd get a jump on it before I went into work.

Wasted time and gas though...more snow fell in the hour I was out there, then was there before I started.

post-3498-0-31472300-1392308256_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-46213100-1392308284_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-97691400-1392308310_thumb.jp

• Like 7

varosd

Craig,

your shed looks like one of those tiny clown cars with about a dozen clowns coming out of it!!!!  How do you fit everything?? :D

My Workhorse is out on the driveway with a tarp over it

• Like 3

AMC RULES

I opted to get the factory elevator installed...

drops down one story into the :wh: cave. :handgestures-thumbsup:  

• Like 4

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Just got in. Snow turned to sleet / freezing rain. On top of 10 inches. Posting a couple of pics of my oldest Mike for the photo shoot.

Glennpost-12073-0-83404900-1392311234_thumb.jpost-12073-0-76498800-1392311285_thumb.jpost-12073-0-46986800-1392311342_thumb.jpost-12073-0-23963700-1392311387_thumb.j

• Like 2

Usmc1968

Let it snow!!!!

Semper Fi

post-11807-0-99299200-1392311988_thumb.j

post-11807-0-98850400-1392311989_thumb.j

post-11807-0-13611700-1392311991_thumb.j

• Like 2

jackhammer

Edited by jackhammer

jackhammer

You guys are getting pounded... hang in there

I opted to get the factory elevator installed...

drops down one story into the :wh: cave. :handgestures-thumbsup:  

Bring that grader home 1st chance you get

Edited by jackhammer
  • Like 1

Ed Kennell

The  LiL  TECKY  is ready to go.

post-7208-0-40112800-1392320305.jpg

post-7208-0-58554400-1392320452.jpg

• Like 1

RMCIII

NICE PHOTOS GUYS!!!! Keep them coming...... Sure would like to see a couple videos....Craig, I know you have posted videos and Glenn!!! Come on guys...

RMCIII

There were only a few views on the other thread that I posted this video to. I should have posted it here......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njYsb57jiGQ

• Like 1

varosd

There were only a few views on the other thread that I posted this video to. I should have posted it here......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njYsb57jiGQ

looks great!    Did you remember to clean off the satellite dish after?!! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

jackhammer

Good vid RMCIII, thanks for sharing

• Like 1