RMCIII

What will you be using this winter to clear the snow?

cleat

I am in the process of rebuilding 2 520's and one has a 2 stage blower and the other will have the snow blade from my Ford lgt 165. For now I have to make do with this.

post-11822-0-73008700-1390691526_thumb.j

post-11822-0-94108000-1390691541_thumb.j

Actually it is nice to have a heavy tractor with a cab, heat and four wheel drive but the Wheel horse will be handy for the smaller snow. For heavy ice the front end loader works well.

Cleat

btm1970

I use the d's back blade and fel to clean out my semi well. then a use a bolens 1886 with a heated cab and power angle blade for the parking lot. my buddy chumley in the picture loves helping.

post-8341-0-99650300-1390696709.jpg

• Like 2

RMCIII

I am in the process of rebuilding 2 520's and one has a 2 stage blower and the other will have the snow blade from my Ford lgt 165. For now I have to make do with this.

attachicon.gifFeb 9 2013 snow blowing 15.JPG

attachicon.gifFeb 9 2013 snow blowing 17.JPG

Actually it is nice to have a heavy tractor with a cab, heat and four wheel drive but the Wheel horse will be handy for the smaller snow. For heavy ice the front end loader works well.

Cleat

Take the Cadillac and go play some place else>> :laughing-rofl:  :ychain: NICE set-up... Except I would have one on the front. I looked backwards for way to many hours in the cab of a tractor. Much more fun looking straight ahead.... :handgestures-thumbupright:

I use the d's back blade and fel to clean out my semi well. then a use a bolens 1886 with a heated cab and power angle blade for the parking lot. my buddy chumley in the picture loves helping.

Gotta love a heated cab.... :handgestures-thumbupright:

RMCIII

My C-101

Either that is a solid 5 "footer" or that needs to be put in museum. Way to nice to be pushing snow. :bow-blue:  :thumbs2:

WheelHorse79

Thanks!   :thumbs:   The tires are new replacements and I painted the rims and wheel weights when I put the new tires on.  My Dad repainted the hood and rear fenders about 20 years ago and they still look pretty good.  At that time, the C-101 decals were not available, so the sides of the hood just have the wheel horse name and logo decals.  I am hesitant to repaint the hood since it would be covering up my late Father's handiwork.

cleat

Yes, looking backwards is a pain in the neck, literally. This tractor has no front PTO so short of hydraulic drive the rear will have to do plus it keeps the loader free.

I am looking forward to using the wheel horse next winter. My old Ford LGT 165 would break the blower nearly every time I used it.

Cleat

• Like 1

Hodge71

Heres part 2 of the snow team…my 1973 18 Automatic with a 60 inch blade... Its at my Dads right now because we just finished fabbing the  the plow linkage and installed the factory front wheel weights but I plowed 7 inches with it yesterday and it was like it didnt even know it as there. I wish I could have gotten it to the farm here with 14 inches of snow coming,[attachment but the Charger 12 will have to clear the half mille driveway

post-1339-0-74377200-1391558036_thumb.jp

post-1339-0-67516100-1391558069_thumb.jp

post-1339-0-55653500-1391558103_thumb.jp

Edited by hodge71
  • Like 5

Sarge

Old , rusty but trusty 1277 w/6-3211 blower ....

127720142.jpg

1277winter2014.jpg

Did 5 properties with her today , got it's butt worked off hard but did very well .

Sarge

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I really enjoy following this page and seeing all the differant wheel horse tractors people use. I had the 416-8 out couple days ago cleaning up. got to luv that snow thrower.

A fwiw re my 1990 jeep wrangler with my snoway plow. we had that dam ice storm roll through so when I got up today getting the kids off to school, branches down all over the yard. one really bbranch broke off maybe a 90 ft. high locust tree, caught the right frnt fender. looks like I hit it with a sledge hammer with all I had. So much for original condition.

At least no one was hurt. Just part of a winter story.

Keep up the pictures and comments fellas, its really great.

Glenn

• Like 1

squonk

Here's Marvin minutes before the the mower deck lift bar to chain bolt fell out causing the bar to drop and lifting the rear tires off the ground!  :scared-eek:

post-2380-0-56177700-1391681093_thumb.jp

• Like 2

AMC RULES

• Like 2

Fire_fighter625

Hey Guys! I am new to this site, but I absolutely love Wheel Horse! My Grandfather and Father both had them while I was growing up and besides being in love with them and keeping the tradition alive, at least one is a must. I have been searching for about a year and a half so I could get my own WH, but I have not been able to find one for a fair price that would appease my wife and the pocket book at the same time. Well, in my recent hunt, someone just GAVE me a running 312-8. That's right, gave! It does burn a little oil, it appears. Well, with the snow that was coming over the last few days, I knew I needed a plow. So, I found someone on craigslist that was selling a 312-8 with a plow, cleated tires and deck. He asked $300 so I got it for $150. I think th motor is shot, but I have been robbing parts and pieces to fix mine up cosmetically. Long story short, I have my plow installed, those tires on mine and have been plowing snow like a fool! Bought some chains and we are in business. Eventually, I would like to restore it top to bottom. it is a 1993 made in South Bend, IN.

• Like 3

jackhammer

Welcome to the forum,, looks like your eventually will have what you need . Nice looking from what I can tell. Good for you and good luck with your mower(s)  th_thThumbsUp_zps5fd47537.gif

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

fire fighter,,,,,,,wellcome aboard. You lucky dog re: gave you. lol

Nice pics guys,,,,,sure do like seeing the horses out of the barn.

Glenn

AMC RULES

:WRS:

RMCIII

Fire- welcome to RS and nice pics.....

• Like 1

Lars

Powerful plowing!!!!

Are you plowing in 3rd gear high range?!?!?!

yes i do..

and i had 4 inch stock pulley on engine and 4 on trans stock is 6-1/4 i have changed the engien pulley to 5 inch now

• Like 1

Fire_fighter625

No, I plow in 2nd hear in high. I don't have long enough of a run for 3rd. I was absolutely impressed at the piles I was making. When I angled my blade and did the side walk in a 7" snow, it moved right through it.

RMCIII

Come on guys, I know it has been a LONG snow season, but keep the photos, videos coming.... Not much snow - seat time left. I have really enjoyed the photos, videos and comments. I should have taken some more videos yesterday. We had about 4" fall over Saturday. Light powdery stuff. Not real good for making a good blowing video.

Here is one:

Did you hear about Jack Frost and Spring Tyme splitting up/ yeah seems they just couldn't get their timing right.... LOL!

Edited by RMCIII

WH-PWR
post-6529-0-89073600-1392033067_thumb.jp
  • Like 2

RMCIII

:text-datsphatyo: Wheel Horse Power!!! :occasion-snowman:

Crown Vic P71

C-125 hydro with blower and plow attachments anu8enyq.jpg9ujysu7y.jpg also a small (free) toro snowblower with extricating start!ytuzegyn.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

RMCIII

Gotta like the free stuff! I was wanting to get a little blower for sidewalk clearing this year. Guess it will have to wait until next year now.

Crown Vic P71

yea this little thing is great for small sidewalks and even larger porches!