AMC RULES

Tell your girl, good job...the trans looks really good.   :handgestures-thumbsup:

zanepetty

It really is. Half the joy is posting it on here.I was.t to do the best job I can! I jistboughtmygun at harbor freight by the way! I'm excited. If you don't come to the show this year I might just have to make a trip to your house to show you this stuff, steve ;) haha. And I will, Craig! I'm eh hmm, not for sure exactly how much she really did bit anyways...:)

Edited by zanepetty
  • Like 1

speedyleedy

We all need a gal like that to sand on are tractor's ! :eusa-think:  Tell she did a great job........... :)

zanepetty

I sure will. She's a good one for sure. I couldn't ask for any better. I got some more goodies today from harbor freight. This gun feels surprisingly good in my hand and doesn't rattle or clank or feel like junk. I took the advice of all you guys on here and bought the $15 gun tonight. I can't wait to use it. I also bought cleaning brushes, extra gun filters, and a regulator. I was extremely happy.

post-11334-0-08173600-1384392872_thumb.j

Edited by zanepetty
  • Like 1

zanepetty

I primed a bunch of little pieces today. Heres the starter. I used the grinder and cup brush on it as well. I taped up the Delco tag. I'll take it back off when its time for clear. I think it will look nice with clear over it

post-11334-0-59538700-1384482052_thumb.j

Edited by zanepetty

kudzu3

Lookin' good Zane. Got home today, thanks for the muffler, and it was good meeting you. The pictures are nice.

zanepetty

You too, tommy! I hope it works well for you!

zanepetty

Here's what I got done today. I block sanded my dash tower starting with 320 and then 400 to make sure I got AAAAL the orange peel and gloss leaving it nice and matte for my red :) as for the rest of the parts here, I scotch padded them with red then with the super fine grey one, INCLUDING In between gear teeth and motor fins. Also before I primed them? I used a white rag and wiped them down with mineral spirits until the rag came out clean. It may be a little much but I want to make sure I protect my tractor for years to come plus make it look nice!

post-11334-0-01122800-1384562714_thumb.j

Edited by zanepetty
  • Like 1

speedyleedy

Look's great so your new spray worked good for you .

zanepetty

Well I didn't use it to spray that. I just sanded and scotch padded today. I used a friends gun for primer.

zanepetty

Should I paint my carb and fuel pump? I don't know if it will mess them up or not. I know I would have to plug up the holes if I did.

kudzu3

Good morning! I painted the fuel pump on my present restore, it seemed to have been painted at the factory. I'm not painting the carb, just shining it up a little. I rebuilt the carb on a d 160 once, it had been painted already, so I painted it again. I don't see what it could possibly hurt, I believe some were painted at the factory and some weren't. I guess it's just a matter of personal preference. Just my observations, I'm sure someone here will know the real answer.

rmaynard

I don't paint either as long as they clean up good. Otherwise, if I do paint them, I use a bright aluminum color that is not affected by gasoline, something like Eastwood Carb Renew.

zanepetty

OK. I'll try to clean them up . They would look good painted though. Thanks guys.

kudzu3

Just a thought, I like to use flitz metal polish on any unpainted stuff, it really brings out the shine and adds a special touch, especially to brass. You can use a medium soft brush on the hard to reach places. I get those small cheap paint brushes form home depot for this kind of stuff. As I said, just a thought.

zanepetty

Ya. That's a great idea, tommy. I'll try that.

zanepetty

Finally got my hood ready for red. It had some dings, the grille was a little bent and it had two holes that I had welded up. Not rust holes. Just two holes. I have no idea how they got there, but I fixed all of it and put some etch primer then a few coats of high-build 2k urethane primer, then wet sanded all with 400. I'm pretty proud of the way it turned out

post-11334-0-07226500-1385070294_thumb.j

post-11334-0-20352200-1385070368_thumb.j

post-11334-0-96847700-1385070425_thumb.j

Edited by zanepetty
  • Like 3

kudzu3

You should be proud, looks real nice. :)

zanepetty

Thanks, tommy. I want to see your progress on yours!

Ken B

Looking good!

zanepetty

Thanks!

stevasaurus

That hood likes really nice Zane... :)

zanepetty

Thanks friend!

zanepetty

Here's the battery box after I had a local welding shop weld a new one on. They did a really good job.

post-11334-0-97180700-1385321119_thumb.j

post-11334-0-69611400-1385321135_thumb.j

kudzu3

Looks nice! Looks like you're gonna have one of the nicest tractors around. Your patience and attention to detail will pay off, can't wait to see the final results.