Jake Collie

520 engine oil and transmission oil filter cross reference

Jake Collie

Hello all. I have a Wheel Horse 520 H (1991) and was wondering what the engine oil filter (NN10143) and transmission oil filter (79-5270) would cross to in Fram or Wix or anything else. Does anyone have this information? Thanks much.

Jake Collie

After reading a few posts, i believe I will stick with original Toro filters.

Martin

Not to open a hornets nest here, (and just my opinion) I would use a toro filter for the trans, but you could just use a good quality aftermarket oil filter for the engine. Napa gold or wix would be my choice, quality oil filters and reasonably priced. I think the napa filter for the engine is a 1762.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

squonk

I cut up a Toro trans filter last year. Not much inside of it to get worked up about. Get a Napa (Wix) 1410. Much better filter and cheaper to boot. I've used them for 5 years now with excellent results.

Dieselcowboy

Napa engine oil 1516. It is long enough to stick outside the shrouds to get ahold of. There is another napa one that works but is much shorter.

Martin

i put a 1516 on my 416H a week or so ago when i changed out the oil for the first time since owning it, was fairly easy to get in there because i had the tins loose. tight fit though and think it would  be hard to get in and out without loosening the tins....

good for the extra capacity....

i have a 1762 as well as that was the most often cross referenced one on here..... easy to get in and out and if you have a good filter wrench, they come off ok......

Edited by Martin

P3x

Compiled a doc for my 520 with cross references to different vendor parts. Several vendor Oil Filters are listed.

post-4076-0-87490000-1382798913_thumb.pn