whfan74

Project Spouse Tractor

whfan74

Well time has not been on my side here lately but I was lucky enough to sneak away for a little bit tonight. My wife doesn't want a tractor but since everyone else in the family has their own I thought it would be fitting. She picked out her favorite color so she can have a custom Lawn Ranger like our daughter. I am sure this will be another rewarding build!

post-919-0-46202500-1382411489_thumb.jpg

post-919-0-47520100-1382411504_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Vinylguy

HMMMM???

Any hints as to a name for this one?

Will there be a black engine?

posifour11

Wow! That IS bright.

whfan74

I used all of the creativity on the "Lady Ranger." This one will have its own special touches but no unique name as of now.

As far as the engine is concerned, it will be silver to match the rims and other accent pieces. Probably going to be repower with a k181.

This one will probably be a long build due to a busy schedule, but I will get it done!

Edited by whfan74

squonk

Won't lose it in a parking lot!  :)  :bow-blue:  :thumbs:

AMC RULES

Can you get it into the big show being that color?    :scratchead:

Hodge71

Can you get it into the big show being that color?    :scratchead:

:text-yeahthat:  :ROTF:

Ken B

Looks like a cool project Scott. Could name it the Momma Ranger...

• Like 1

whfan74

Thanks Ken!  It will have custom decals, as far as the color goes, but no change in the name on the side like pinky has.  Who knows.........it might adopt a name after it is all done.

It is getting just a few extras on it.  Some N.O.S. hub caps for the back, light bar and aftermarket lights, ags on the back of this one as well, small tri-ribs for the front, who knows what else I come across by the time this is all done. 

Don't know when I will be back to the big show or if this one will ever make it out there. 

octfst

HAPPY WIFE HAPPY LIFE

Edited by octfst
  • Like 1

ol550

Just make sure there isn't any green on it. :ychain:

• Like 3

squonk

Paint the wheels green and have JD in reverse! Take it to a JD show and watch everyone freak out!

• Like 4

whfan74

After doing some projects last night in the barn, I had to throw on a couple of decals. Just an FYI.....the decals are teal blue. No green on this tractor!

Thank you Terry for the fantastic custom decals!

post-919-0-93968500-1383136115_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Vinylguy

You are very welcome Scott.

SousaKerry

I'd call it "Tweety" :handgestures-thumbupright:

Funny how the wives seem to like the Rangers, my wife saw hers and fell in love.  It went from me getting a round hood to her getting her own tractor before we even got home.

Edited by SousaKerry
  • Like 1

lt230s

Scot,

Looks good!

Question...Can you take a picture of how the front of hood attaches to the frame? Front of my hood is rusted away or broken and have no idea how it should be attached. Does it just clip or is it bolted?

Thanks

John

whfan74

Project spouse tractor is slowly taking shape.  Again, I wish I had more time to dedicate to this as I have a lot of little things to get squared away.  I am pleased to see it starting to transform in to a tractor again.  The tranny is getting put all back together and hopefully will be installed within the next week.  Picking up some tubes for the tires so that the ags can be put on the back and tiny tri-ribs can be placed on the front.  New throttle and choke cables have been ordered.  The next order of business will to be to clean up the K-181 that will go under the hood and modification for a gast tank.  So far so good.........I am sure some roadblocks are not too far ahead with this one but I am ready!  :)

Here is what it looked like when I walked out the door last night and headed home............

post-919-0-67750200-1383743860_thumb.jpg

Scot,

Looks good!

Question...Can you take a picture of how the front of hood attaches to the frame? Front of my hood is rusted away or broken and have no idea how it should be attached. Does it just clip or is it bolted?

Thanks

John

Sorry John....forgot to snap a picture of that for you.  Are you wanting a picture of the hood or the front part of the frame where it attaches?  It actually attaches with a bolt (thumbscrew)

Edited by whfan74

Old Ways

Very nice work so far!   The silver really "pops" with the yellow.  

Quick question, the _/ shaped bar is for headlights, right?  I've never gotten to take a close look at one.   :eusa-think: 

• Like 1

lt230s

Scott

Pictures of both would be great. There is just a jagged edge on the bottom front of my hood and nothing on the frame that I can recall.

• Like 1

Charlie Smith

Looking good

• Like 1

Lars

Hmm it might be cool when its done Scott.. LOL... :ychain:  it going to be a nice Ranger for your wife!!

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Like a rainbow of flavor your :wh: collection.

You should do a Skittles commercial.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hodge71

Sweet decals…I can't wait to see this lil bugger when its done!!!

• Like 1

whfan74

Quick question, the _/ shaped bar is for headlights, right?  I've never gotten to take a close look at one.   :eusa-think:

Yes you are correct.  The one mounted on this tractor is a reproduction as I am saving my originals for different projects.

• Like 1

whfan74

Thank you everyone for the comments.  It is driving me nuts to not be able to spend more time on it.  I have a friend that needs some work done on their tractor,  I also need to prepare a few more tractors for winter time,  Put some things away and organize them for swap meets next year, and keep up with three lawns and take care of any other little projects at home.  Needless to say I feel fortunate to tinker with it a little once a week.