clemedc

1055 clone (sorta)

clemedc

I bought a 656 and a ISO mount K241 recently because I wanted a BIG BLOCK short frame to mount my Danco Loader on. It is currently mounted on a Electro 12 but doesnt fit just right.

After a chat with Kelly (BTW Thanks Kelly) I installed the correct short oil pan for a 1055 and cut the dipper so it would clear the pan. Then I thought Im gonna try to fit this engine on the frame and leave the large flywheel and new style starter. So I cut the bearing plate just enough to clear the frame and trimmed the tin just a tad and viola it fit. Now I need figure out what transmission im going to use either keep the 4 speed or put in an 8 speed or even a HYDRO. This tractor is dedicated to the Danco FEL only.

I am going to need the pulleys to fit the 11/18 crank and which ever tranny I use. I will need the correct length clutch rod and possibly pulley too.

Does anyone have any parts or other ideas regarding a transmission and the correct pulleys to make it work?

Any ideas or help is appreciated. I am going to be away and unable to work on this project until spring but I will be able to try and collect the parts needed to finish it in the mean time.

005_zpsfe8fd500.jpg006_zps1767cc99.jpg007_zpsddb933eb.jpg001_zpsbde6d09a.jpg

• Like 1

slammer302

I have a lot of horses 8speed hydro and 4speed and I have become a fan of the 4speed its always got the job done for me I don't run a tiller or snow blower so I'm good with the 4speed I've never had one quit on me either

clemedc

very true I'm sure the 4 speed would work just fine. I may try a few different options b4 settling on one