wh79d160

plowin tractor

wh79d160

137.jpg,135.jpg  Made a new weight bracket for the front of the 417-8 to attach to the attach-a-matic bracket to see if I could keep the front end on the ground plowing the garden this year. Happy to say it worked great. Had to give it a bath so I thought I'd take some pics & see if I could still remember how to post them. Had some trouble but Tyson refreshed my memory. Thanks Tyson

• Like 4

brandonozz

Weight on the front helps a lot when plowing and tilling ... well if you want to go the direction your wheels are pointed,  Weight looks pretty big, I bet it helps al lot.  Good job.

AMC RULES

Looks like it made short work of turning over the garden.    :handgestures-thumbsup:

Hodge71

Nice job!! and great machine

Wheel-N-It

That is one fine looking tractor. I love the 417's !!! More pics would be great! :banana-gotpics:

leeave96

WOW!  Nice job!  Always good to see a Wheelhorse plowing.

Dieselcowboy

How do I get those plows set in to plow as deep and good as yours?  Couldn't get mine right this year. Just got it.

WH nut

Nice, plow is the most fun you can have with the Wheel Horse

wh79d160

How do I get those plows set in to plow as deep and good as yours?  Couldn't get mine right this year. Just got it.

It's kind of like runnin your boat across the lake. You want the boat to have the least drag possible. If the front is to high, you're porpousing, or bouncing across the lake. If the front is too low, your forcing the boat down into the water &  just plowing. You want it to ride smoothly with as little drag as possible. Adjust your hitch so it has plenty of down travel with the  highest setting so the plow is just out of the ground high enough that you don't scrape any thing while you are towing it.  The plow angle should be set so it pulls its self down into the ground & levels out.  If it wants to keep going to China, crank it out so the blade angle isn't so steep. This may take a couple passes until you find the "sweet spot', but once you do, lock it down & put some tape around the crank so you won't have to worry about someone messing with it & it will be ready for next time. Also write down or take a picture of what slots you used for the chain on the sleeve hitch so you can get it set right next time also. Another thing one of my farmer friends told me is to keep the plow blade polished. The smoother it is, the easier the furrow will roll off it.

• Like 1