Sign in to follow this  
kpinnc

Sundstrand hydraulics question

kpinnc

Does anyone know whether or not there is a difference (internally) between the Sundstrand hydros without hydraulics and the ones with?

Just wondering if it's possible to add hydraulics on one without opening the pump. My Bronco 14 has hydraulic lift, and my father-in-law's Charger 10 doesn't. Externally, the pumps are identical as far as I can tell. Of course, I don't know if the Charger has the hydraulic charge pump or not.

Just wondering if anyone had done it or not.

Kevin

nylyon

Kevin Wheel Horse used to provide a Hydraulic Lift kit for Automatics which were not equipped. I know nothing of the Charger, but my C-120 which should have a manual lift has been equipped with hydraulic lift. I have no way of knowing if the pump was swapped out, but I suspect that it wasn't, just the lines, spool valve, piston and other parts added on. You can find (a) hydraulic lift part number by looking up my C-120's accessories, the lift kit should be listed.

Karl waiting for 4-8" of snow on Thursday

kj4kicks

From what I could tell when rebuilding mine, the only thing you would need to change is the cast iron plate that the hoses would attach to. The valves and ports are also in that plate. I'm no expert, but I have seen the inside of one of these.

Eldon.

nylyon

The lift kit is part number: 8-4113 (entered in as 84113) Look it up in the MPV, the kit has a couple of parts for the trans, but not many. Again this is for the C-120 (1977) hope it is the same for the Charger.

kpinnc

Thank you all very much!

I figured there couldn't be too much difference in the two. I'll see about looking up the tranny parts tonight at work. I'm pulling graveyard shift through Sunday...

Thanks again- I'll keep you posted.

Kevin