SolarStallion

Need help with identifing this model

SolarStallion

Hi,

I was looking to try some pulling with my son. I bought this on ebay but I don't know what model wheel horse it is. It has a Briggs and Stratton engine. I don't know where the id tag is, may have been cut off during the build. The person I bought it from got it at an estate sale so he has no info.

Thanks,

Steve

post-8147-0-15059000-1382353050_thumb.jp

rmaynard

It looks like it used to be a C120 or C160 automatic.

GlenPettit

Steve:

Looks very nice, can you get pictures of the other three sides (+ dash & low rear) so we can see how it looks.

Lot of modifications and done quite well.

1970's, but more views will sure help in dating/IDing it.

SolarStallion

The Briggs id tag is model 402417 type 0660 code 01 81080512

Looks like it is a 40 cubic inch but I don't know the horsepower. Is this the original engine?

Also where would the wheel horse id tag be located.

SolarStallion

Here are some more photos

post-8147-0-85087200-1382360968_thumb.jp

post-8147-0-72919800-1382360979_thumb.jp

post-8147-0-23963400-1382360992_thumb.jp

post-8147-0-42579800-1382361002_thumb.jp

SolarStallion

another picture

post-8147-0-34897200-1382362387_thumb.jp

rmaynard

As I said earlier, it's was either a C-120 or C-160. The year was either 1976 or 1977. That Briggs was not a Wheel Horse engine. The closest Briggs that Wheel Horse used was on a 1983 GT-1642 Twin. That was a 16HP and the ID number was 402417-0665-01.

SousaKerry

Wow they sure hacked up that hood, not what I would consider a good job but to each his own.  Being that it is a Hydro I don't know how well it will do as a puller.  They have a limited power output, doesn't mater how much power you put in your only going to get so much out.

JimmyJam

I have to agree with Bob Maynard. A "C" series, totally modified with a Briggs engine. ....but looks totally Cool!!! I just don't know about the hydro as a puller.

Edited by JimmyJam

chris11

Wow they sure hacked up that hood, not what I would consider a good job but to each his own.  Being that it is a Hydro I don't know how well it will do as a puller.  They have a limited power output, doesn't mater how much power you put in your only going to get so much out.

Lmao  tell me how you really feel. it would be ok to get your feet wet. You may want to get a 6 speed or 8 speed anyway guys like to say it. But try pulling take to guys you pull with, Im sure they will help you out.

Edited by chris11

JimmyJam

If you are interested in replacing the hydro I have a 4-speed (3fwd + rev) off a Commando 8; and a 8-speed (3fwd + rev and Hi/Low) off a 1976 B-80. PM me if your need anything. I have to say I do like the looks at your puller, no matter what you plan to do with it!

chris11

Ill sell you my tractor its an 8 speed 000_0341.jpg

SolarStallion

Looks great! Is that the wheel horse show you were at? We were there with a different tractor. We had the tractor with the small solar panel and a horse sound horn.

RMCIII

:text-yeahthat:

baerpath

Solarstallion  might try one of these for a puller   

• Like 1

RMCIII

What class do you put that in and how do you compete with that except, well, build one.....

SolarStallion

That would be perfect, I am always looking for electric Wheel Horses. That would fill 2 items in 1.