JamesC-120

wheel horse snow blower

JamesC-120

Hello, I have a wheel horse c-120 with a single stage snow blower on it but it doesn't blow the snow very far. I have all the same pulleys and all the same gearing as the other blowers I saw and running my engine around 3500 rpm. 

All the other guys using these and they work great. What going on?

Thanks

Sparky

Short chute of tall chute? The tall chute throws it twice as far as a short chute. Are you using the inner PTO pulley? That would give the blower a bit more speed which would help toss the snow farther. Make sure the bearings are greased well.

Mike.........

roscoemi

Do you have the correct belt? Is in the right pulley on the pto end? Is the pto adjusted correctly and grabbing good? The single stage on my C-121 was not to sporty either at first because there was only a paper thin layer of lining left.

JamesC-120

I have the short shout.  Why does the tall shout blow farther?

Edited by JamesC-120

Kelly

First be sure the PTO clutch is adjusted and in good shape, a blower puts alot more strain on it than a mower deck, next the type of and amount of snow plays a big part in how far it is thrown, anything under 4" I use a blade a blower likes to be full to throw it very far, light fluffy snow does not throw well, nor does wet heavy snow I had a old short shoot blower throw snow 30' with the right snow, and the tall shoot I have now only throw it 10' the style blower has little to do with how far but more on how it is controlled, one thing to check is the inside of the shoot, it needs to be clean and smooth, I've sanded mine and sprayed cooking spray on it till it gets worn smooth from the snow.  

boovuc

Kelly nailed some great points on a blower. Blowers love to be loaded with snow and unless your in a higher gear with 3 to 4 inches of snow, it won't throw it far. I sand and repaint the inside and shoot of my blower every two to three years depending on use. I also use an automobile wax on the finish of the internals to keep the snow from sticking to it. You also want your snowblower to be COLD. taking it from a heated garage into a snowstorm will entice the snow to stick to it and limit it's ability. 

As others pointed out, look for slipping of the belt, make sure the PTO clutch is not slipping and choose the correct PTO pulley.

dbartlett1958

My tall chute blower works very well for me, but I also am  using it on a Hydro tractor which makes it much easier to keep it loaded up.