Martin

416 adventures......

Martin

Yes, thats the one. 

• Like 1

312Hydro

If that tractor has an hour meter ,I'm sure it must be at 0 hours. Always a pleasure to view your. work. Are those decals available from Terry or were they custom made for you? They look factory to me.:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

That 416 looks as amazing as always Martin, as do the new decals from Terry. :handgestures-thumbupright: I know what you mean about getting busy with other things. My poor tractors have been neglected, and I'm ashamed of myself. My son tries to keep me inline, as he's very good about washing, and taking care of his 52 Standard. He comes to me from time to time, as says "Dad, your tractors sure could use some love." He's a good kid! :)  It was great to see some pics of your fine machines again Martin.

Matt

• Like 2

Martin
38 minutes ago, 312Hydro said:

If that tractor has an hour meter ,I'm sure it must be at 0 hours. Always a pleasure to view your. work. Are those decals available from Terry or were they custom made for you? They look factory to me.:handgestures-thumbupright:

590 original hours on original working hour meter. It was 585 when it came home.......

Large hood decals and rear seat pan are my design, finely tuned by Terry. The spec and air cleaner ones, along with all the dash decals are all Terry's amazing work. 

IMG_4245.JPG

37 minutes ago, bowtiebutler956 said:

That 416 looks as amazing as always Martin, as do the new decals from Terry. :handgestures-thumbupright: I know what you mean about getting busy with other things. My poor tractors have been neglected, and I'm ashamed of myself. My son tries to keep me inline, as he's very good about washing, and taking care of his 52 Standard. He comes to me from time to time, as says "Dad, your tractors sure could use some love." He's a good kid! :)  It was great to see some pics of your fine machines again Martin.

Matt

Matt,

Ive been largely absent from anything tractor related this year and I've missed it. No rebuilds, seat time, shows, etc......

Still busy, but lately I'm managing to get a day in here and there to get my tractor fix........ 

• Like 1

Vinylguy
1 hour ago, 312Hydro said:

If that tractor has an hour meter ,I'm sure it must be at 0 hours. Always a pleasure to view your. work. Are those decals available from Terry or were they custom made for you? They look factory to me.

Rich

I meant to list the onan spec decals a long time ago. will get busy and ad them to the ONAN category.

Thanks for mentioning it:thanks:

49 minutes ago, Martin said:

Wow Martin, At the rate your going #3 will turn 600 hrs before the end of the decade.:ROTF:

IMG_4245.JPG

• Like 3

Martin

Terry, 

its always been a race between #1 and #3 to see who gets to 600 first. #1 is at 596 now. I think it had 560 on it when i got it from you........

608KEB
On 3/6/2014, 5:34:06, Martin said:

picked up another batch of plated parts, this one took about 3 weeks, I've been itching to get some of these parts back so i can get going on the build. my helpers were ready to inspect the quality of the plating......

guess i got some work to do now.......

post-4321-0-39531600-1394148688_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-82490300-1394148708_thumb.jp

Martin, do you have the name of the place that did the zinc coating for you? Do they prep the parts? 

Martin

McKays Plating

407 5th St

Hampton IL

Ph. (309) 755 5276

I prep the parts by cleaning and glass bead blasting. I always send more parts than i need as the quality varies with used fasteners that have been weathered, rusted etc. Not everything turns out looking like new when parts have been subjected to less than ideal conditions. Ideally fasteners/parts etc. should be new or look good as new before plating. I would try and find somebody local that you can deal with. I find that face to face is always better than dealing with shipping parts to somewhere and waiting for their return. Everybody is on the same page, expectations on both ends are agreed in person in advance and theres minimal, if any, disappointments in the end.......