Martin

416 adventures......

bowtiebutler956

I think you hit the nail on the head with that one. :thumbs:  It certainly has a very clean look. :bow-blue:

Matt :flags-texas:

• Like 1

Vinylguy

Wow Martin, Those look awesome. I know how difficult it was to get them applied. The thinner the decal the harder to apply without getting air pockets.

I meant to work on the new hood decals to have them for you this weekend but somehow something seems to always come up. 

The good news is Lola and I got caught up with online orders and I will be able to work on the fun stuff this week. Thank you for all your insight and technical

verification of dimensions. I found it interesting how the originals on the lower dash were not designed to fit properly so they simply applied the PTO decal

over the right edge of the ignition switch and light switch decal? kind of sloppy for an expensive Garden tractor. Your work amazes me and your

trouble shooting ability has been invaluable to me in development and improvement of the decals we make. Learning more and more about the differences in graphics from one year to the next

on the 90s era Wheel horse tractors. These 3 and 400 series from the 90s are drawing more and more attention which is to be expected. 

Will contact you soon and get the last decals done so you can finish this awesome restore.

• Like 5

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Martin, boy o boy have I enjoyed following this along. Your very well thought out on your planning and the steps you take. 

But more important is " you have the touch". Top notch skills in all aspects of the restoration. A tip of the hat to you.

Glenn

• Like 1

3Six

Yeow! Fantastic!

km3h

I would like to take a moment to thank Martin for his taking the time to steer me in the right direction on several occasions by answering my private messages. He is a one of the kind type of person who goes out of his way to help when ever he is able. I know that his forum is full of guys like that but Martin is special. My hats off to him.

Nick

• Like 3

Martin

thank you for the nice comments there, Nick.

other members have helped me many times in the past, I'm only to happy to pass it along....... :thumbs:  :thumbs:

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

I would like to take a moment to thank Martin for his taking the time to steer me in the right direction on several occasions by answering my private messages. He is a one of the kind type of person who goes out of his way to help when ever he is able. I know that his forum is full of guys like that but Martin is special. My hats off to him.

Nick

:text-yeahthat:  :thanks:    For all you do Martin.

• Like 2

Martin

Decals are on......

:thanks:  so very much for all your efforts Terry......  :thumbs:

post-4321-0-13258500-1406682070_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-30051000-1406682084_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-75030200-1406682096_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-26884900-1406682109_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-43258100-1406682123_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-71771300-1406682135_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-99351700-1406682144_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-09611400-1406682367_thumb.jp

• Like 6

Desko

WOW!!! Those look like they were painted on the tractor outstanding work!

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Martin. I am running out of complimentary words. WOW!!!!! A+

Glenn

• Like 1

km3h

Martin, I am so jealous. What a masterpiece. It is a work of art and should be kept under glass in a museum. You are a master craftsman.

• Like 1

Martin

......and only played with in the dirt on Sundays...... :ROTF:

im not looking forward to cleaning that Onan after riding around some of the dusty shows all weekend.......

Edited by Martin

km3h

By the way, what do you sue to take the carbon off heads and pistons? Take a look at my post in the engine section.

Here

Martin

normally a plastic scraper. got to be real careful with any metal object.......

i will check out your post....

bowtiebutler956

That  :wh: looks amazing Martin! :jaw:  Like others have said, I'm running out of things to say about this amazing machine, but I know for a fact that the Pond's never had a  :wh: leave their assembly line looking that good! A job well done.  :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

Edited by bowtiebutler956
  • Like 1

km3h

Hey Martin, Got my parts from Del City today and a great catalog. Also got the coil for the Kohler and the Scotchbrite for the Onan. Have some work to do tomorrow. Thanks again for all the great information.

• Like 1

Martin

couple more items installed. footrest grip and new original equipment supplier hood latches, same as oem without the price :) ...(there is a story on how i found these floating around somewhere in this thread) 

and also a couple changes to the decals, Thanks Terry!

not sure whether to paint the rivet heads black to help them blend in or not. I'm not even sure what finish they had, some searching is in order i think.....

post-4321-0-30114600-1406849680_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-78006300-1406849691_thumb.jp

even though all the hood and seat pan decals are different from oem, i wanted to do this on the front instead of the horse head. 

post-4321-0-29232400-1406849703_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-33802500-1406849714_thumb.jp

• Like 4

km3h

Like everyone else has already said, I have run out of superlatives. 

Martin

decided to use the oem black air cleaner lid that came with the tractor while i work on getting the chrome one redone. Terry did some 16 hp air cleaner decals when he did the dash ones using the same un-laminated method on the silver base. these decals really look awesome in person so i just had to post a pic of the lid with decal applied......

post-4321-0-83280500-1406932782_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-96408500-1406932792_thumb.jp

• Like 2

leeave96

Martin - looks great!!!!

• Like 1

MalMac

Not sure what you had in mind when you went to restore this tractor. If you just wanted to restore it  you succeeded. If you wanted to bring it back mechanically you have succeeded. If you just wanted to make it all shiny you have succeeded. If you just wanted to restore with your own twist on it you have succeeded. If you wanted to see how much money you could spend, not knowing but I imagine you succeeded there too. If you wanted to make me jealous you have succeeded. Now if you wanted to make it look like it came from the factory you have failed miserably beyond compare. They never looked that good coming straight out of the factory. You have something there to be real proud of and I am sure you have set the bar for the rest of us and have succeeded in being a motivator to some. Have enjoyed the ride along on this project thanks for taking the time to take pictures and share your restore.

• Like 7

km3h

Not sure what you had in mind when you went to restore this tractor. If you just wanted to restore it  you succeeded. If you wanted to bring it back mechanically you have succeeded. If you just wanted to make it all shiny you have succeeded. If you just wanted to restore with your own twist on it you have succeeded. If you wanted to see how much money you could spend, not knowing but I imagine you succeeded there too. If you wanted to make me jealous you have succeeded. Now if you wanted to make it look like it came from the factory you have failed miserably beyond compare. They never looked that good coming straight out of the factory. You have something there to be real proud of and I am sure you have set the bar for the rest of us and have succeeded in being a motivator to some. Have enjoyed the ride along on this project thanks for taking the time to take pictures and share your restore.

After that, there is simply nothing else to be said.

AMC RULES

Sure there is...                       :popcorn: 

what's next on your  :wh: agenda Martin?  

• Like 1

Martin

seat time.......

:thumbs:

• Like 2

chazm

:text-yeahthat:  ..... :wicked:     :wh:  COOL..    Probably  said before ...but that puppy looks better than when it rolled out of the factory door.... :eusa-clap: