Stigian

Why I have been a bit quiet for a few weeks... A Project

Stigian

Morning all, I hope I am putting this in the right section here... Although it's to do with a Wheel Horse's, it's not a Wheel Horse build..

So why have I been so quiet? Well, the build itself hasn't been too taxing.. But the filming and editing has. With so much footage to sort out I knew that if I didn't edit every evening I would never get it done...

So has the time spent been worth it??  I think so.. Hard work but very enjoyable :handgestures-thumbup:

Let me know what you think Guys 'n' Girls, because your views and opinions will help me decide in which direction to take my videos in the future...

• Like 7

Martin

Ian, wow, what entertainment! I can only imagine what sort of work goes into one of your productions. you sir, are very dedicated!

and very talented. :thumbs:

gotta say, my favourite (spelt it this way just for you UK folk) part was the way you made room in your shed to start the build!

im thinking that was trick photography, ive never been able to clear an area in my shop that quickly........... :ROTF:

Ed Kennell

:bow-blue:   You the man ,,,,  Thanks for a very entertaining production,

Ken B

Man, that is a fantastic video, I can only imagine how much time you put into it!  You have a great talent there.

massey

Always enjoy watching your videos Ian. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Ed

meadowfield

awesome!!! loving it...   :D

Lane Ranger

HOLLYWOOD IS CALLING YOU, STIGIAN!  Love the video cart and steps to get there!

JC 1965

Very informative and you make me laugh. What more could you ask for ?   :hide:  I think you could build anything you set your mind to. Thanks for the video and keep them coming.    :thumbs2:

stevasaurus

What an excellent video Ian.  A winner for this year's Cecil B. Desaurus Award. :woohoo: ...a real labor of love.  You may want to add this video to our new Homebuilt Forum site!!! :)   Click on link.  Thank you for sharing.  BTW...fantastic music!!!

http://homebuiltforum.com/

neil

Great production Ian , very enjoyable & entertaining .

Great soundtrack . As for the acting i think you deserve anpost-2119-0-43669400-1381873004_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Anglo Traction

Lights, Camera, Coffee (n Ciggie) .....Action!. you done it again Ian. 'The Director's Cut'. Most enjoyable :bow-yellow: ............... :techie-eureka:  Just wondering how long it will be before you mount a Counterbalanced Arm with remote 'Pan and Tilt' and a Giro Stabilizer?.

Sparky

Finally something good to watch.....most tube is rubbish nowadays! I like when (about 7:50) you pan across the workshack in black and white...very classy!

And to top it all off it (the trailer/camera idea) worked like a charm didn't it. The rolling test at the end was a success. I really expected loads of vibrations but it was surprisingly steady. Lots of rubber mounts I suspect?

Bravo!!

Mike.............

And I'm a subcriber now.

Edited by Sparky

JimD

Another "classic" video from a great talent. Your fab skills continue to amaze us along with your creative knack for finding a solution to a problem. All that, along with the perfectly placed chuckle are what makes me watch your videos, but when you went upside down and dropped out of frame I found myself fighting to keep from spitting my drink out all over the screen. You are an exceptional talent on so many levels and an inspiration to us all. Love the projects and videos Ian, thanks. :)

• Like 2

Stigian

Hi guy's sorry for the later reply's, life's been er.. Interesting and very painful !!

Ian, wow, what entertainment! I can only imagine what sort of work goes into one of your productions. you sir, are very dedicated!

and very talented. :thumbs:

gotta say, my favourite (spelt it this way just for you UK folk) part was the way you made room in your shed to start the build!

im thinking that was trick photography, ive never been able to clear an area in my shop that quickly........... :ROTF:

Thanks Martin, there was a huge amount of work put into that vid, very tiring .. But very enjoyable.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could clear space in our shops that fast without the aid of a video camera :D

:bow-blue:   You the man ,,,,  Thanks for a very entertaining production,

Your very welcome.

Man, that is a fantastic video, I can only imagine how much time you put into it!  You have a great talent there.

Thanks Ken, I dread to think how much time I put into it, but then again I might of got a bit carried away with it. :rolleyes:

Always enjoy watching your videos Ian. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Ed

Ta muchly Ed.

awesome!!! loving it...   :D

Thanks Mark, your new video is rather cool as well :handgestures-thumbup:

HOLLYWOOD IS CALLING YOU, STIGIAN!  Love the video cart and steps to get there!

What is Hollywood calling me? :laughing-rofl:    While were on the subject if the Discovery channel should be reading this, feel free to call me :)

Thanks for watching Sir, happy you like it.

Stigian

Very informative and you make me laugh. What more could you ask for ?   :hide:  I think you could build anything you set your mind to. Thanks for the video and keep them coming.    :thumbs2:

Thanks Jerry, if I'm making people laugh I must be doing something right. lol  :D

Not sure I could build anything, I hate woodwork.. Lol.

What an excellent video Ian.  A winner for this year's Cecil B. Desaurus Award. :woohoo: ...a real labor of love.  You may want to add this video to our new Homebuilt Forum site!!! :)   Click on link.  Thank you for sharing.  BTW...fantastic music!!!

http://homebuiltforum.com/

Thanking you kindly Steve. All the music apart from the opening title was found at www.audionautix.com   A amazing amount of quality music that is free to use for whatever purpose you want.

I actually took some photo's with the homebuiltforum in mind today, so I will be signing up very soon.

Great production Ian , very enjoyable & entertaining .

Great soundtrack . As for the acting i think you deserve anattachicon.gifOrson-Welles-Citizen-Kane-Oscar-3.jpg

Lol, thanks Neil..  I'm not sure about my acting though.. I'm terrible at remembering my lines....   I could probably make an hour long video using just all the clips of me stuffing up my line from this vid alone!

Lights, Camera, Coffee (n Ciggie) .....Action!. you done it again Ian. 'The Director's Cut'. Most enjoyable :bow-yellow: ............... :techie-eureka:  Just wondering how long it will be before you mount a Counterbalanced Arm with remote 'Pan and Tilt' and a Giro Stabilizer?.

Hhhmm..  a Counterbalanced Arm with remote 'Pan and Tilt' and a Giro Stabilizer..  You have me thinking now Richard.... :D

meadowfield

You've got me thinking of ideas for my next vid... Think it might be motorised :D

Stigian

Finally something good to watch.....most tube is rubbish nowadays! I like when (about 7:50) you pan across the workshack in black and white...very classy!

And to top it all off it (the trailer/camera idea) worked like a charm didn't it. The rolling test at the end was a success. I really expected loads of vibrations but it was surprisingly steady. Lots of rubber mounts I suspect?

Bravo!!

Mike.............

And I'm a subcriber now.

Wow... Thank you Mike..  Yeah there is quite a bit of rubbish on mootube, but equally there is quite a bit of good viewing too..

Quite often I will hear a bit of music and a "how to use it vision" will flash though my head... The black and white pan was one of those moments.

Yep I was quite chuffed with how the test came out. The camera arm did have rubber mounts at the base, but they gave to camera so much movement I was almost getting seasick watching the footage...   Filming on time-lapse does "take a lot of shake" out of the footage.

I'm a subscriber to your channel too now :handgestures-thumbup:

Another "classic" video from a great talent. Your fab skills continue to amaze us along with your creative knack for finding a solution to a problem. All that, along with the perfectly placed chuckle are what makes me watch your videos, but when you went upside down and dropped out of frame I found myself fighting to keep from spitting my drink out all over the screen. You are an exceptional talent on so many levels and an inspiration to us all. Love the projects and videos Ian, thanks. :)

Too much Jim, too much.. Your making me blush. Lol.

Good to read you managed to save your screen from a unexpected sudden shower :lol::D

You've got me thinking of ideas for my next vid... Think it might be motorised :D

A fully remote camera???? Interesting :handgestures-thumbup:

I guess this is a good place to put the photo's..

The camera arm has given me a whole new lease of life with filming opportunity's as it can be clamped/fitted in all sorts of places..

PA180568_zpsdbf04bd4.jpg

PA180570_zps7363d555.jpg

A mount on the GT's roll bar.... Yes Mark the roll bar is welded together now :D

PA180569_zpse52afca7.jpg

Hard Hat cam :o:D

PA230577_zps3d926edc.jpg

Edited by Stigian

papaglide

Ian, very well done sir! You truly do possess awesome skills. The dry humor, imagination, and above all skill set to fabricate stuff like that trailer. Excellent job and very entertaining!

Stigian

Ian, very well done sir! You truly do possess awesome skills. The dry humor, imagination, and above all skill set to fabricate stuff like that trailer. Excellent job and very entertaining!

Thank you Mike, a pleasure to entertain you.

Wheel-N-It

Ian, this idea, this build, and this video are all three terrific!!! Thank you very much for sharing your genius with us :thanks:

AMC RULES

When you come over...

you need to bring all that stuff with...

to film the big  :wh: show Ian.   :handgestures-thumbsup:

DOC in Kentucky

Totally freakin awesome!!! What talent !!!  Brainstorming, welding, video taping, choreography, problem solving, music selection, scenery, editing, everything.  You are very talented sir !!!

Stigian

Thanks Guy's, very kind words indeed, it means a lot to know you all like these mad vid's I make :handgestures-thumbup:

I guess I should add this video to this thread..

A bit of filming trailer testing.