Sign in to follow this  
brentvdg

Tach-a-matic adjuster stuck

brentvdg

Hey guys,

Newbie here, and I just salvaged a c175 auto last weekend. I'm having a hard time getting the mule drive knob to turn. Any advice on that? I'm pretty strong, so I think I may need to break out the WD-40, but thought I'd ask first.

Thanks!

Brent

tunahead72

You may get lucky with WD-40, but you'll probably have better results with more of a true rust penetrant like PB Blaster.  The whole threaded rod and adjusting mechanism can get clogged with grass and junk, so make sure that area is basically clean before you start spraying.  And remember you should be turning that knob clockwise (as you look at it from the front) to loosen the belt.

There's a recent thread here that may give you some other ideas:

• Like 1

brentvdg

You may get lucky with WD-40, but you'll probably have better results with more of a true rust penetrant like PB Blaster.  The whole threaded rod and adjusting mechanism can get clogged with grass and junk, so make sure that area is basically clean before you start spraying.  And remember you should be turning that knob clockwise (as you look at it from the front) to loosen the belt.

There's a recent thread here that may give you some other ideas:

Thanks! I did get a can of PB Blaster, and along with some gentle use of some channel locks, it came free in a matter of seconds. What a great product!

• Like 1