stevebo

Horse Stable Build (Mini Version)

stevebo

I have been wanting to build my dream barn for several years now and just have not been able to get it done. I spoke with the company that makes them and they are telling me it will be spring time before they will be able to produce my barn kit if I were to place my order in the next month or two so..... I just cannot let my tractors sit outside another winter. I got the energy to get started on this one. It is 12' x 20'. I got started yesterday and here is where I stand as of this afternoon. Hope to have the new standing seam metal roof on it by Monday. I plan on putting ship lap siding on it and letting it weather a bit before I stain it. We will see. The roof will be dark bronze standing seam. I figure I can get about 8 tractors in there. I will try and take more pics as I go.

Oh yeah... Cousin Timbo stopped up the house and we did some horse tradin too. Pic is what I ended up with...

post-734-0-07333900-1381625980_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-15732800-1381625989_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-17640000-1381625997_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-73910500-1381626005_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

chevyaddict83

Looking good brother!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

AMC RULES

You're kidding...that can't nearly be big enough Steve. 

chevyaddict83

it starts with this, and ends with another 12x20 addition, 220 service, and plumbing!

• Like 4

AMC RULES

...and a lean to too.   :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 1

DoctorHfuhruhurr

You could always add a layer of shelves like others have done to store a few more if needed.  

neil

I know how you feel about leaving tractors outside all winter , its heart breaking , most of my tractors ended up under two feet water last year , so this year i have done exactly what you hyave done Steve & have started to build a new horse stable .

i still have a little way to go yet but have managed to get a small section of roof on .

post-2119-0-97474000-1381643665_thumb.jppost-2119-0-43981600-1381643920_thumb.jp

• Like 1

DoctorHfuhruhurr

I know how you feel about leaving tractors outside all winter , its heart breaking , most of my tractors ended up under two feet water last year , so this year i have done exactly what you hyave done Steve & have started to build a new horse stable .

i still have a little way to go yet but have managed to get a small section of roof on .

You may want to consider putting in some raised shelving for your tractors given the potential for future floods. 

squonk

it starts with this, and ends with another 12x20 addition, 220 service, and plumbing!

Plumbing! Craig you could sell Stevebo your water heater and then you'll have room for another RJ! :thumbs:

wallfish

You gotta start somewhere. As you probably already know, no matter how big you build it, it won't be big enough.

I see that large opening for the door. Are you going with sliders? 

VinsRJ

Looks great Steve... a meet and great to watch you work is in order...

AMC RULES

attachicon.gifP9280020.JPGattachicon.gifP9280015.JPG

I can see why the new shed Neil.     :scared-eek: 

:teasing-poke:  Is that a new Senior I'm spying over there?     :popcorn: 

Edited by AMC RULES

neil

Yes craig , you spied correctly . it is  a senior that has recently arrived to the UK . It is the only one in the UK also .

• Like 1

stevebo

Finished the framing now installing the standing seam metal roofing. I need to head out to the flea market to see if I can pic up some old windows....More pics to come later.

stevebo

Well as I sit here with a heating pad on my back, drink in hand and advil in my belly here are some more pictures of today's work. I was able to finish the framing and get the standing seam roof system on. Next will be to install fascia trim and siding. Did not make it to the flea market to see if they had any old wooden windows...

post-734-0-18797200-1381702477_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-24293800-1381702579_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-78716300-1381702894_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-81697500-1381703208_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Sparky

Nice project and great progress! Did you have to get a permit from the town?

Mike..........

stevebo

Yes

Sparky

Nice roof....I bet it will be loud as heck in the rain! Might want to get a powerful stereo for it :grin:  .

Mike.........

953 nut

:woohoo:  Glad to see large openings on one side and one end, that will come in handy when the first two additions go on!  :text-coolphotos: 

:USA: 

fireman

Looks good Steve!

Neil,

I'm glad the Senior went to a good home, unlike the one before yours! I hope you love it as much as I did. 

Jeff

• Like 1

Coadster32

Looks darn good!! Not wasting any time on it either. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Ken B

Ain't no grass growin under yer feet Steve! Looks real nice.

Fun Engineer

Hey Steve

Nice build.  You may want to check out your local big box stores for windows.  I just picked up 5, 4' x 4' single hung, low-e, argon vinyl window for $55 each.  They were special ordered by a customer who decided they didn't want/need them.  They were originally over $200 each.  I agree with the guys regarding a shelf or loft to store more tractors or attachments.

Dave

kaiser

look'n good steve.

when you're done, come on up the road and build one for me. ;)

stevebo

Got a little more done today...

post-734-0-15027800-1381792658_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-31942800-1381792679_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-38968100-1381792697_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-19075000-1381792720_thumb.jpg

• Like 1