Kelly

Score today

Kelly

We have a local for sale site on Face book, kinda like CL, I seen a week ago a tractor listed very little info covered in dust and dirt, price was pretty steep, but I asked a few questions on it, and was a few days before I got little info back, so I asked for a phone no. and called on it, but they could only say they bought it used in 1995, and bought a new deck for it that year, and was parked a few years later, then she added that it came with a big round thing that hooked to the back and a snowblower, well on the phone I talked her down $500 from the asking price mainly because I could not hear it run, so I hooked up the trailer and drove the 15 mile trip to look at it, it was buried in the back of a barn, with years of dirt on it, stuff piled around it, so I dug it out and was pretty happy with what I seen so we loaded it up, it is a 1984 Workhorse 1600 8 speed with a 16hp Briggs twin, the 48" deck is about as nice as I have ever seen used, blower is ugly but in good shape with lift tube and flag, the roller is a very nice Sears unit, we found the near new 2 link tire chains hanging in the barn, also a home made set of wheel weights, first stop was the car wash to clean the 1/2" of dusty dirt off it, it cleaned up pretty nice, even has a clevis hitch on it, one front tire is toast from setting flat all these years, but I had a nice one like it at home, got it fired up in a few min. after being home on carb cleaner, but after the third try the plastic starter gear gave out so I need to fix that, but I think it will turn out to be a nice score, the logo high back seat is near perfect, the paint is pretty nice, was barn keep I was told and it looks it, Glad I made the offer on it, I figured the worst they could say was no.

Here it is with a quick car wash spray off, still needs some more cleaning, the fuel system taken apart and cleaned and new lines run, and like I said a tire and starter swap.

post-85-0-95800700-1381613609_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-51631900-1381613720_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-56157900-1381613972_thumb.jpg   

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Yeah...some people have all the luck. 

Nice score Kelly.        :handgestures-thumbsup:

Martin

Looks like a nice find Kelly, tractor looks to be in real good condition. I really like my 1848, even though the Briggs is a little noisy at idle, that thing is a power house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Marv

WOW!

Kelly you must carry shamrocks in all your pockets or is that rainbows. Looks great.

Marvin

Sparky

Great score! I really like the Workhorse paint scheme.

Mike........

leeave96

Nice tractor!

Wheel-N-It

Thats one nice looking Work Horse !!!

312Hydro

Looks great and even has the yellow axle caps. :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupright:

Kelly

No lucky charms, just set back and wait, I passed on a good deal last week C-120 hydro with cab 2 blowers and a deck $300 guy was a jerk to everyone that posted on his ad so I figured he didn't need my money.

Yellow axle caps ?? they are just stained that way from the grease they should be white

This is the 5th tractor in 3 weeks, and I was trying to thin them out  :banghead:

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Seems that's usually when the best deals come along. 

Humm...maybe I should thin mine out too.    :)

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

Nice score Kelly, that thing is in NICE shape!

Edited by Jake Kuhn

Racinbob

What a great deal! I had a GT 1100 that I bought new when we lived in Indiana. It didn't have a deck but I had a spare 48" that I put on it. I figured the 11hp Briggs wouldn't last and was going with a Kohler when it puked but it just kept on running. My 1100 had the 1" rear axles. Did the 1600 use the 1 1/8"? I don't think it matters that much but I'm curious.

Sparky

What a great deal! I had a GT 1100 that I bought new when we lived in Indiana. It didn't have a deck but I had a spare 48" that I put on it. I figured the 11hp Briggs wouldn't last and was going with a Kohler when it puked but it just kept on running. My 1100 had the 1" rear axles. Did the 1600 use the 1 1/8"? I don't think it matters that much but I'm curious.

I have a GT-1600 (has a Kohler magnum 10 now) and it has the 1" axles. Plenty tough enough for yard chores and snow removal. I dont enter it in the pulling contests so it should last along long time.

Mike........

• Like 1

Kelly

Yes 1" axles, but I'm sure if used right it will do anything, I looked it over more and with out a hour meter I'm going to say it is a fairly low hour machine, with pretty good care. I'm going out in a few to tinker with it. 

Racinbob

It won't be a problem at all. In the winter I had a blade on my 1100 and kept 800' of driveway clear with it and we were in the lake effect snow area. I had a blower on a C160 but only used it when it was just too deep for a blade. I had the 1100 15 years before moving here and never had a issue with it. It was even submerged in a pond one time and came through like a champ.

Marv

Kelly you are achieving your thinning objective. You are just doing it in reverse. Thinning the other guy's. Ha, Ha,.

Marvin

• Like 1

953 nut

It won't be a problem at all. In the winter I had a blade on my 1100 and kept 800' of driveway clear with it and we were in the lake effect snow area. I had a blower on a C160 but only used it when it was just too deep for a blade. I had the 1100 15 years before moving here and never had a issue with it. It was even submerged in a pond one time and came through like a champ.

You had that much snow in Deltona FL? WOW.  :text-lol:   :ROTF: 

Kelly

Kelly you are achieving your thinning objective. You are just doing it in reverse. Thinning the other guy's. Ha, Ha,.

Marvin

Ya well you know  :hide:  I did get rid of about 10 in the past month or so. 

Racinbob

Yea!! Lake effect to boot! :banana-skier: :banana-skier: