waltsuz

520H Front lug tires

waltsuz

Looking for 16x7.50-8 super lug type tires for a 520 front end with "0" luck, hopefully a 6 ply at that. Has anybody come up with an alternative to this. I know I have seen others running front wheel AG tires. I thought of trying a 6.50 but it seems best to see what others have done..Thanks everyone, Walt

Here's my future backhoe: I have plans in the mail and I am ready to start cutting? :smile:post-7494-0-06949300-1381495332.jpgpost-7494-0-13759400-1381495347.jpg

Edited by waltsuz

kenw520hc

hi there, try www.greaterclevelandtire.com best price and selection i have found so far. good luck. i have used several 16x6.50-8 lug tires on 520 fronts. :techie-eureka::flags-usa:

Hodge71

Miller tire too. I have had great luck with them and Tucker Tire. Both have ebay stores and shipping is either free or very reasonable

JackC

Some recommend that when you switch from turf to bar tread tires you should go narrower.  Narrower tires give better traction than wider ones due to more weight per square inch of contact.  

IBleedRed

16x6.50-8 V61 HD 5-Rib 170/60-8 6 ply

I got a pair of these from Millers and they are awesome for loader tractors

ol550

I would think the lug tire would be harder to turn than the rib tire as it would grip better. :confusion-confused:  :dunno:

• Like 1

zieg72

For what it's worth, on the 520's with the gear reduction steering going from original 2 ply fronts to 4 ply the steering is noticeably easier.  Stands to reason going to 6 ply and skinnier it should be easier yet...bar tires or not.

waltsuz

I honestly did not think about the ribb'ed type tire. Most I have been seeing on the net are the lug tires. The tires on my machine now gotta go, origional from 92" and dry rotted up bad. I know the loader build will pass the 300lb mark and something tuffer seems better. The link Jake just posted look like a good way to go.

Another question: Does anyone feel the lift cylinder on this 520 will generate enough down pressure for a grader blade on the rear. I have a lot of wonderments in my head I may continue to ask about with this project. I am also considering a turning cylinder for the blade. I hope I don't clutter this site with what seems nonsence and everyone so far has been really good with the help.  I love projects like this and this to me is going to be really cool. Thanks, Walt

Edited by waltsuz

groundhog47

Thinking you are referring to the ag type tread someone on :techie-ebay: has some listed (8"), and as mentioned Millers.

Edited by groundhog47

dbartlett1958

I honestly did not think about the ribb'ed type tire. Most I have been seeing on the net are the lug tires. The tires on my machine now gotta go, origional from 92" and dry rotted up bad. I know the loader build will pass the 300lb mark and something tuffer seems better. The link Jake just posted look like a good way to go.

Another question: Does anyone feel the lift cylinder on this 520 will generate enough down pressure for a grader blade on the rear. I have a lot of wonderments in my head I may continue to ask about with this project. I am also considering a turning cylinder for the blade. I hope I don't clutter this site with what seems nonsence and everyone so far has been really good with the help.  I love projects like this and this to me is going to be really cool. Thanks, Walt

Waltsuz,

Regarding your lift cylinder question, I think it would do fine for a grader blade on the rear. The same cylinder will pick the front end of my 416 up with  200 pounds of me on top using my mid mount grader, so you should get some decent down pressure.