n1defan

Custom heavy duty 2" hitch build #5

tractorbeast

I'll take one of the hitches. I have a C-125, I'm assuming this is the standard size. Not sure how to PM you. Could you tell me how to do this PM-ing. The only PM I know has to do with a female.  How do I send you the first payment? thanks steve

• Like 1

n1defan

:thanks: Thanks for all the :banana-gotpics:  and comments! :happy-jumpeveryone::woohoo:

Edited by n1defan

n1defan

All ordered hitchs have been sent out on tuesday and I am taking orders for January delivery. Thanks to all who have ordered one from me. :bow-blue: 

n1defan

Today I used the 518xi with the 2" hitch to move my three wheeled Cub Cadet. The new owner is picking it up next weekend (I hope.) He took the missing wheel this past summer to repair a flat but hasn't come back since! I thought it justified getting a HF Pickup Crane. The crane is jury-rigged for now but shows the versatility of the hitch. Go Bears!

DSCF9303_zps75ef45b3.jpg

DSCF9292_zpse850c876.jpg

I like your rear mounted hitch attachment. :bow-blue:

Forest Road

It's a well built unit to say the least. It's important to keep in mind that our tractors weigh in at a whopping 600-700#. I say that because I'm sure there are a few nuts out there who would put a 2" ball in this hitch and try to move a 4000# trailer.

Fortunately this chipper was a mere 1200#.

Posted Image

And my ballast back carries 200-500# when the snow blower is mounted

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

Racinbob

Yup Forest. That's me. I would move a 30' travel trailer (6000# dry) in and out of the pole barn with a C160. Blower on the front for weight (looked silly in July) and move very slowly. The travel trailer took a 2 6/16" ball but a 2" was fine for the short trip. Oh yea, NEVER go downhill. Fortunately, for once, I knew that beforehand and never tried it. Moved a boat (5000# wet) all the time but boat trailers tend to have lighter tongue weights.

JackC

Once you have Tom's hitch receiver mounted on the back of your tractor you can plug almost anything into it.  Tom can fab anything that might have general appeal to us Wheel Horse owners to make it worth him doing that for us.  Does anybody have any suggestions such as a mount plate for the Harbor Freight pick up crane, a mount plate for a winch, or a simple unit to add weights to the back of the tractor?  Or even something to add to the front of the tractor as well?

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

Here are a couple of photos of my latest attachment for Tom and Scott's 2" receiver hitch. I bought the Suitcase Weight bracket from Greg Parnow (Heavy Hitch.) It is a perfect match for the 2" hitch. It can hold up to six suitcase weights (43 lbs. each.) My Lowe's only had two in stock. This is on my C-105 which serves as my backup plow and general plow year-round. I needed some weight on the rear as both of my 5xis have wheel weights installed. Santa has indicated that "she" is bringing a pair of Ags for the C-105 this year!

On my shelf waiting for an install is the hitch for the 520-H that I received this week with the 2nd 5xi hitch close behind. Tom is also fabricating a receiver mount for my HF crane. I'll post pictures when I get it.

These really increase the versatility of the tractors.

DSCF9408_zps8b839893.jpgDSCF9410_zps727ef6fe.jpg

Edited by shallowwatersailor
  • Like 3

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

John, If I can ask you how much for the heavy hitch and suitcase weights?

Very nice set up indeed, I really like the way you rigged it up. 

Ty, Glenn   

Edit: ok I found the website and got the bracket price, now where do you find those weights? They look great.

Edited by JERSEYHAWG / Glenn

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Does anyone have a pic. of the XL hitch mounted on thier tractor.Just trying ti decide shorty or XL for learance issues.

TY,,,,,,Glenn     

ThreeHorses

Attached are some pictures of weight bracket for 2" receiver hitch my son welded up last winter.

This one holds 5 40# weights.

We're going to make one for 6 weights next week.

Cost is approx. $30-$35.

Bought a bunch of suitcase weights when Lowes was clearing them out in our area several years ago.

Price varied from $10 to $20 each.

The green John Deere weights I got off Craigslist for $30 each, cost $55-$60 at John Deere.

I do have a Heavy Hitch for my Kubota BX2370, I can put 8 40# weights on it and use the weight bracket in the pictures to add another 200# for 520#.

post-1026-0-99718600-1387334251_thumb.jp

post-1026-0-19322500-1387334311_thumb.jp

post-1026-0-68474600-1387334318_thumb.jp

post-1026-0-27038900-1387334384_thumb.jp

post-1026-0-35249900-1387334389_thumb.jp

• Like 1

HorseFixer

anyone got any pics of the hitch working with attachment

Yeah here is my setup Dragging a WH Attachment  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI2rdv0u8Ds

• Like 3

n1defan

John, If I can ask you how much for the heavy hitch and suitcase weights?

Very nice set up indeed, I really like the way you rigged it up.

Ty, Glenn

Edit: ok I found the website and got the bracket price, now where do you find those weights? They look great.

You can buy suitcase weights at Lowes for about $50.00 a piece for 50# weights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JackC

$50 for #50 sounds a little pricey but they do look good and you do need the unit to hang them on.  There are lots of unused barbell sets lying around that could be used to add weight if there were a relatively simple unit available to plug into the hitch receiver?  

A hitch receiver that could be bolted to the front of the tractor could add a lot of versatility to the tractor especially for towing / pushing or adding weight.  I have not seen one of those yet.

JackC

OK, just viewed Horse Fixers video.  I Have a D which should handle plenty of tongue weight without shortening anything at the back end but for other tractors all the more reason we could use a hitch receiver to bolt to the front to add weight.  The trick would be to come with a design that does not interfere with opening the hood or use of any attachments such as the plow or mower deck.  Use of a blower may require removal of the hitch receiver. 

shallowwatersailor

$50 for #50 sounds a little pricey but they do look good and you do need the unit to hang them on.  There are lots of unused barbell sets lying around that could be used to add weight if there were a relatively simple unit available to plug into the hitch receiver?  

A hitch receiver that could be bolted to the front of the tractor could add a lot of versatility to the tractor especially for towing / pushing or adding weight.  I have not seen one of those yet.

Here is a simple way to add weight to the front. I purchased the mount at the show two years ago. I believe the vendor sells  these on eBay as front mounted trailer ball hitches. The 2" receiver is an HF  ATV receiver. If I use this, I plan on redrilling the mounting hole as it needs to be brought in further for any serious weight. I may need to use this when I use the HF crane attachment on the rear. Because the Attach-A-Matic is different for the 5xi, I may try to use my spare mule drive for that tractor.

DSCF9424_zpsa9fe87c5.jpgDSCF9420_zps0dacd57e.jpg

n1defan

Today I used the 518xi with the 2" hitch to move my three wheeled Cub Cadet. The new owner is picking it up next weekend (I hope.) He took the missing wheel this past summer to repair a flat but hasn't come back since! I thought it justified getting a HF Pickup Crane. The crane is jury-rigged for now but shows the versatility of the hitch. Go Bears!

DSCF9303_zps75ef45b3.jpg

DSCF9292_zpse850c876.jpg

I am in the process of making a receiver mount for shallowwatersailers lift crane. I have built the first one for him and will be offering them in my Vendor spot soon. If any one is interested in one please email me or PM me for pricing. Thanks Tom

Edited by n1defan
  • Like 1

n1defan

Attached are some pictures of weight bracket for 2" receiver hitch my son welded up last winter.

This one holds 5 40# weights.

We're going to make one for 6 weights next week.

Cost is approx. $30-$35.

Bought a bunch of suitcase weights when Lowes was clearing them out in our area several years ago.

Price varied from $10 to $20 each.

The green John Deere weights I got off Craigslist for $30 each, cost $55-$60 at John Deere.

I do have a Heavy Hitch for my Kubota BX2370, I can put 8 40# weights on it and use the weight bracket in the pictures to add another 200# for 520#.

Nice Job on the suite case weight mount! It looks great on my hitch! :happy-jumpeveryone:

n1defan

Valentines day hitch special. I will custom paint a hitch for you in a nice bright Valentines Red paint. gejumu5y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scWHhauler

The best hitch ever made i have 2  141 and GT2500

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I just took delivery of my hitch. Let me be blunt. WOW!!!!!! Everything about it is great. I have  to give credit where its due and thank these gentleman for such a well built beast of a hitch. 

Best of all and keeping with the wheel horse tradition,,,,,,,,,,MADE IN THE USA.     :flags-usa:

Glenn

• Like 1

PaulC

anyone have an issue of to much weight on hitches like these? I fabbed myself up a hitch like this for pulling my snowmobile trailer around the yard because where I park it is tough to maneuver with the truck. I have a 312-H so its a hydro tranny and I used it this past weekend with 2 sleds on the trailer and the amount of tongue weight seemed to tilt my axel enough so the linkage wouldn't work properly. The cam of the linkage tilted with the axel so the tractor would barely go in reverse? once I got the trailer in place and disconnected everything was back to normal.

bmsgaffer

Sounds to me that if your tranny is tilting that you have a cracked mounting plate thats flexing. There are several threads on here about people repairing and beefing up that transmission plate.

Don1977

anyone have an issue of to much weight on hitches like these? I fabbed myself up a hitch like this for pulling my snowmobile trailer around the yard because where I park it is tough to maneuver with the truck. I have a 312-H so its a hydro tranny and I used it this past weekend with 2 sleds on the trailer and the amount of tongue weight seemed to tilt my axel enough so the linkage wouldn't work properly. The cam of the linkage tilted with the axel so the tractor would barely go in reverse? once I got the trailer in place and disconnected everything was back to normal.

I think you should check your transmission mount sounds like you may have a cracked frame or loose bolts to the transmission.

PaulC

thanks for the replies. if the frame/mount is indeed cracked looks like it has to or should come out to be repaired. is it a big job to remove? im assuming the whole rear end/tranny with have to come out? I am going to look at this later on tonight. I have a small 110V welder I could take home from work if its something that can be done on the tractor?