tractorbeast

Lean Mean Driveway leveling Machine

tractorbeast

I was totally amazed what a wheel Horse black hood can do with a 210lb son standing on the 48" blade. It totally dug in to the dirt packed #57 limestone and dug it down at least 2 full inches in front of the garage door, and leveled the loose gravel-made the driveway look like it had 5-7  tons dropped off and spread. .(make sure your blade weight gets off so you can raise the blade). 1980,12 hp muscle car, front,rear weights with chains.

• Like 1

Coadster32

awesome! Glad to hear it worked out for you. Pics?!

Ed Kennell

Must have super strong springs on that blade.  Mine would have flipped over and launched the 210 lb weight. :scared-ghostface:

posifour11

Pictures?

jsp_333

For those of you that don't have a 210 lb son - I found that an extra set of rear wheel weights can easily be attached to the frame of the blade using the same carriage bolts that attach the weights to the rear wheels. I'll try to send photos.

tractorbeast

Darn, no one was there to take a picture, besides the two doing the operation. Yes- if anyone has add-on attachments to the front snowblade, I would love to see pics. The problem, I would think would be lifting a blade with all that extra weight on it would be impossible(Manually). Has anyone tried a small 12 volt winch to lift blade or do other work from the tractor?  Tractors sure are a back saver!

Ed Kennell

I have my WH blade mounted on my 750 Yamaha 4 Wheeler.  I found it is much faster than a tractor and actually throws the snow.  I use a 12v 1000lb Harbor  freight  winch to lift the plow.  I made a yoke  that pulls the blade angle locking pin when the blade is raised high enough that the yoke hits the frame and pulls the pin.  I can change the angle of the blade from the seat using the WH arm and linkage rod.  Modified of course to fit the Yammie.  I did have to put heavy springs (two 6" pieces of garage door springs) in between the winch and the plow. Without the springs. the winch overrun would break my linkage to the plow.  I have the $59  radio controlled model  and have the control mounted on the handle bar under my thumb.  Really works well for removing the snow on my stone road.  No bouncing stones off the neighbors cars like the blower did.  I also use it to grade the stones on the road 3-4 times a year.  The same arrangement could be used on a tractor.  Maybe make a bracket to mount the winch on the front Tach-a-matic.  

clemedc

My 702 with HY-2 will lift my tractor off the ground so I assume it would lift 210#. Maybe use hydraulics somehow.