Sign in to follow this  
Hodge71

RJ/Suburban wheel weights

Hodge71

Does anyone have a picture or 2 of what factory RJ or Suburban wheel weights look like? Did they have front wheel weights and if not what other brands could I use? I know the wheels arent as deep as the later C-series so fitment is a big issue with MTD and the other brands that will fit our bigger horses. I want to get some more weight on Jebs Suburban 400 for a bit more stability and less of a chance of a popped clutch and a wheelie in 2nd or 3rd gear. Especially weight on the front.....

Thanks in advance for the help......

AMC RULES

Inside rears. 

post-3498-0-42170300-1380850170_thumb.jp

• Like 3

bean

there was a set on ebay

CRE1992

Inside rears. 

Your welcome craig!

AMC RULES

I've heard there is a weight collector out there...somewhere.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

Hodge71

Those weights came from me Mr. Craig....... :banghead:   :confusion-scratchheadblue:   :angry-cussingblack:   :scared-notify:  

AMC RULES

So, how'd that happen?    :scratchead:

• Like 1

Hodge71

I didn't know what they were when I had them. I actually remember maybe 2 or 3 sets of them plus 3 complete sets of another brand ( Simplicity?) . I bought them from a WH guy about 15 miles from me and he didn't even know they were OEM. They then went to CRE as part of a 60 inch deck deal. Hindsight is 20/20...I'll find more somewhere eventually. I actually am more concerned with the front end with Jeb. He's still a little quick with the clutch with that 400. I know that Bolens weights will fit the outside of the back wheels and when painted red should look pretty good too. I just need to find something for those shallow front wheels now......

VinsRJ

I have a set I am looking to sell... If any one is interested.

Send me a PM

Edited by VinsRJ

ELECTRORIC

YOU COULD PUMP WINSHIELD WASHER FLUID IN FRONT TIRES FOR MORE WEIGHT,WE DO THAT ON THE REAR WHEELS ON OUR PLOW TRACTORS WORKS GREAT.