Ed Kennell

Need a fogger !!

Ed Kennell

Anyone else being invaded by the stink bugs ?  This is as bad as I have ever seen it here in SC Pa.   No bug spray seems to have any effect. Wonder if a WH fogger loaded with kerosene would work ?? :deadhorse:  :deadhorse: 

Coadster32

:omg:    Now that's some creepy-crawlies right there!!!

squonk

Napa 4700 non-flammable brake cleaner!! I haven't run across a bug it hasn't wiped out yet!

SousaKerry

Dish soap and water in a spray bottle.  Poor mans version of insecticidal soap. 

Jeff-C175

Stink bugs are tough critters... we had them here real bad 2 summers ago in NJ.  Not as bad past 2, but they are still around.

You won't get 'instant knock-down' of a stink-bug from any normal insectiside from the box stores...

There is a product called 'cypermethrin' trade name "Demon WP" that I've used with good results.  It still won't knock 'em out of the sky but give it a day or two and you'll be sweeping them up.  You need to spray every crack and crevice they can hide in, and they can wiggle into some pretty small crevices... where they overwinter, to emerge again next spring.

Ed Kennell

Napa 4700 non-flammable brake cleaner!! I haven't run across a bug it hasn't wiped out yet!

Not sure Hun Bun will allow the brake cleaner smell in the house.

Dish soap and water in a spray bottle.  Poor mans version of insecticidal soap. 

Done that..... I used an orchard soap that I use for bagworms.   No effect on the stinkers.

Stink bugs are tough critters... we had them here real bad 2 summers ago in NJ.  Not as bad past 2, but they are still around.

You won't get 'instant knock-down' of a stink-bug from any normal insectiside from the box stores...

There is a product called 'cypermethrin' trade name "Demon WP" that I've used with good results.  It still won't knock 'em out of the sky but give it a day or two and you'll be sweeping them up.  You need to spray every crack and crevice they can hide in, and they can wiggle into some pretty small crevices... where they overwinter, to emerge again next spring.

I'll see if I can find the DEMON WP tomorrow.         Thanks to all.   Ed

Tankman

Had my barn fumigated a couple of years ago. Worked great.

More stink bugs this year but, thankfully, not as many as two years ago.

Heard they are movin' south where they already are massing. Could be Armageddon?  :)

Jeff-C175

Ed, try www.domyownpestcontrol.com  ... I've done business with them for several years... good prices, fast shipping.

posifour11

Shop vac with long stem?

Jeff-C175

I tried the vacuum cleaner... advise against it unless you want to have to fumigate the vacuum cleaner afterward.  The smell eventually goes away, but plan on leaving it outdoors and open for a few days afterward!

cod

I tried the vacuum cleaner... advise against it unless you want to have to fumigate the vacuum cleaner afterward.  The smell eventually goes away, but plan on leaving it outdoors and open for a few days afterward!

Played this game yesterday while cleaning up the bottom of my mower deck.  I had the shop vac out to suck up the crud I scraped off the deck and decided to nab a couple of stinkers too.  I live about 10 miles below the Mason-Dixon line in MD and they've been getting worse every year.  We've been trying to stock up on praying mantis egg cases in hopes that they'll eat them up but for now it's stink bug heaven.

Ed Kennell

:woohoo:  :happy-jumpeveryone:  :woohoo:       I got lucky and found this on a shelf in my storage shed.  I mixed up a 2X strength , filled my back pack sprayer and attacked the stink bugs.  The first coating made-em real uncomfortable and the second pass dropped -em belly up.   The bottle is nearly full and it has a Mailmans Dept store sticker on it, so I know I bought it in the 60's as that's when they closed.

posifour11

Diazinon was outlawed a few years ago. Too bad too. Its great stuff to treat your lawn against ticks.

boovuc

I thought you could still buy Diazinon crystals?

Butch

Bifethrin. You can buy it on Ebay. Great killer of insects.

posifour11

Good to know!

Ed Kennell

:)   Not a stink bug to be found this morning ...... I think I spotted the few thou survivors headed East for the Joisy Shore. :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:

kaiser

we were in Virginia last weekend and the damn stink bugs were everywhere.

they like to commit suicide though, just hold a cup of water under them and they will jump right in.

there are a few of them up here in ct, but nothing like va.

Jeff-C175

I think I spotted the few thous survivors headed East for the Joisy Shore.

No problem Ed!  I'm ready and waiting for 'em...  they'll be daid within 12 hours of arrival!

• Like 1

Tankman

If mixin' a spray, add some dish soap. We used to add the soap to our orchard sprays. Helps the pesticide get sticky for the (stinky) bugs to hang on to.  :happy-jumpeveryone:

Edited by Tankman
  • Like 1

Tankman

:)   Not a stink bug to be found this morning ...... I think I spotted the few thou survivors headed East for the Joisy Shore. :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:

We in PA can only hope (pray) they head east or better yet, go south of the Massy Dixie!

• Like 1

cod

We in PA can only hope (pray) they head east or better yet, go south of the Massy Dixie!

Tankman,  Thou art truly wicked... ;-)

boovuc

Some how with all these invasive species taking over our farms, plains, forests and streams, I can't help but feel that come July next year, all of them are going to migrate to Gettysburg where there will be an epic battle between all of them. Stink bugs, Asian lady bugs, Gypsy moth caterpillars, emerald ash borers, Hemlock wooly adalgids, followed by the Chestnut Blight, Tomato rust, Asian Carp, That freakin Snakefish that can wiggle on land for awhile, zebra mussels, whirling disease parasites, hay scented ferns, Rose of Sharon bushes, Tree of Heaven, and any number of other insects, viruses, molds and fish you can think of.

This is the price we are paying for our NEW WORLD ECONOMY!

Oh how I hate what has happened! Oh and putting some activated charcoal in your ShopVac helps a lot with the stink. Really worked well with the ladybugs!

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Still stjnk bug free in Felton.  Did they reach Jiosey yet picker ?

Add "cronic wasting disease " to BooVuc's list.

Jeff-C175

Still stjnk bug free in Felton.  Did they reach Jiosey yet picker ?

Add "cronic wasting disease " to BooVuc's list.

Yep, they're here! 

Boo also forgot Kudzu and both Chinese and Japanese Wisteria...

The stink bugs are gonna have to wait, I've got the sprayer full of 'Crossbow' right now... going out to kill me some Wisteria first!  :laughing-rofl: