Sign in to follow this  
jdog_kustoms

question on my tractor issue

jdog_kustoms

I have a 2008 farm pro 28 hp 4x4 diesel tractor with a loader and also just picked up a loader for my 195. as most of you all know I need to sell a lot of my stuff cause of my hard times. I have a 2 acre property and 1/2 is wooded and has a small field (not grass grown up weeds) across the creek. my question is should I sell the 195 my pride and joy that I got almost every attachment ill ever need not that I have a loader for it or sell my bigger tractor cause I would like to get a brush hog for it and a rear blade but I already have them for the 195 I have been tossing this idea for a couple days and would like to hear from u all on what you think and if u have a 195 with loader how does it do I know not like the big tractor but that's like comparing apples to oranges

DoctorHfuhruhurr

Are you planning on clearing and mowing the overgrown field?  Any plans for clearing the tree portion?  If your answer is yes to either I would go with the larger tractor because of brush hog and you could also get a grapple or thumb attachment to put on a loader for grabbing and moving wood.  

Check out http://www.smithsenterprise.com/ for attachments.  They have really good prices but stopped listing them on their website.  They used to sell Jinma(I believe same as Farm Pro) tractors but have switched to TYM and LS tractors.  

bitten

jdog. It might be hard to think of it right now but hard times come and go. A well equipt C195 is very hard to come by and might be a reason that your foot is bent up to your back side for a long time.I would hate to see you get rid of your pride and joy.

jdog_kustoms

i know and i have the rear tiller finish mower and brush hog and now a loader to put on it maybe i should just sell other stuff and keep both tractors

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

i know and i have the rear tiller finish mower and brush hog and now a loader to put on it maybe i should just sell other stuff and keep both tractors

J Dog, thats what I was thinking. Seriously.

Patrick Reese

When the economy tanked 5 years ago I had some difficult decisions to make also. Excess fat had to be trimmed off to survive.. things had to go. From experience, don't let go of the rare, hard to find, super good deals, pride and joys... get rid of the things you don't cherish, the things that are literally a dime a dozen. Hard times don't always last for ever and when they do get good you don't want to have any regrets. Times are much better for me now and I have some regrets.. had to do what I had to do to survive but I now miss a few things terribly. From what I hear ( type ) in your voice don't sell the C195 and if there are other less valuable (to you) items you can part with to help your situation do that first.

Agage1

I agree don't sell. I fell on hard times a few years ago when construction tanked and I sold my 1950 Chevy pickup. I regret selling it every day and to make matters worst I see it on the road all the time on the road which hurts

Coadster32

I agree don't sell. I fell on hard times a few years ago when construction tanked and I sold my 1950 Chevy pickup. I regret selling it every day and to make matters worst I see it on the road all the time on the road which hurts

Ouch....Just one thing to remember when deciding to sell out. Will a couple/few hundred bucks one time really dig me out of this hole, and if so, for how long. :eusa-think:  I agree with the regrets.

jdog_kustoms

I think I have desided to keep both for now and put loader on 195 also and sell all the other stuff I don't need I started my hole parts business with 500 dollars and now I still have parts to sell so I can keep the business going and keep both and if I ever get in a really bad time later I will have it to sell then but as of now I think I'll be alright thanks for all ur opinions and support it can only get better from here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

baerpath

Jdog if you need I can send down a spare C195 roller to mount the loader on for trading fodder

jay in nc

im a firm believer in   Everything In The Yard Goes Before The Yard Goes!   Jordan everything will get better. Jay

• Like 1

jdog_kustoms

Jdog if you need I can send down a spare C195 roller to mount the loader on for trading fodder

what u looking for in trade and is it the 195 u sent pics of to me before