Sign in to follow this  
Lane Ranger

CBR-32 Front Cutter Bar -Belt Guide

Lane Ranger

1958 RJ Wheel Horse Belt Guide for Front Cutter Bar

I made this with my dad and brother yesterday using measurements I got from Denny Clarke who made his own also to guide the drive belt on the front cutter bar .  

Thanks Denny I think this is going to do the job!  Used 3/16 rod from an old push mower safety clutch bar.

I have installed the front cutter bar on my RJ 1958 that I will take to Jacksonville, Illinois next weekend for the Prairieland Heritage Museum Show.

post-339-0-65239700-1379722491_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-99724900-1379722506_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-84066200-1379722521_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

dclarke

Looks good, Lane.

Lane Ranger

These are the demensions for the Wheel Horse RJ  Cutter Bar belt guide.   

FLAT PIECE with 5/16 hole to attach to the Kohler motor bolt hole-  3/4 by 1 1/2 by 1/8 thick steel with drilled 5/16 hole

3/16 Rod piece is:  2 1/2 inches from the tab, goes down 3 inches and back toward the motor at 1/ 1/2 inches.

You measure the length from the center of the bend that you will heat up with a torch.  We bent 90 degree engle by laying the 3/16 rod on a flat surface, clamping it down at the edge of the surface and heating -then bening.

The tab was welded on at a slight angle to allow for adjustment.

Lane Ranger

The front cutter bar belt guide we made this week is now installed on the Kohler motor on my 1958 RJ.  The guide holds the front cutter bar drive belt in a slight tension so that the blades do not operate until the foot pedal and idler pulley is engaged to run the front cutter bar.

Thanks goes to Denny Clarke for the providing me the dimensions for this guide! 

Edited by Lane Ranger