Sign in to follow this  
Arild

Hello From Norway.

Arild

I am the proud owner of a Wheel Horse GT 14 1971 model I think :-)
This requires some parts to get back to its former glory, but in winter it will get the job of clearing snow on our property.
I am struggling to find cheap parts for the engine and tractor, hope someone can help me with the search.
I probably need new tires for the tractor, then the originals still attached. These are cracked in the field so I do not know how long they stay.
Unfortunately, the cost of these tires 27 x 9.5 / 8.5 to 15 over 2000, - NOK per item and I can not afford to.
Tips on different rims so I can use standard tires would help a lot. Or a dealer with cheaper tires in Norway.
If anyone has experience with using other tires on this tractor received information about this with great thanks.
Air filter is also a major problem and oil dipstick. + + +
Will be back with more info later :-)

AMC RULES

:text-welcomewave:   to    :rs:    :norway:

• Like 1

Anglo Traction

Hello Arild, :WRS:   good to see another Member from Norway on here. There are several Members on here with GT14s. I am sure  you will get help to find what you need................ When you can     :wwp:  .

Regards

• Like 1

JimmyJam

:text-welcomewave:  to REDSQUARE!!!! You well be able to locate parts/tires (or rims) very quickly here! Good luck!!!

Edited by JimmyJam
  • Like 1

neil

Welcome to Redsquare Arild , I also own a GT14 here in Uk . I am not sure where how you would change the rims on the rear end of the tractor as the GT14 has the 4 hole on the hub& i havent seen many rims around with only 4 holes.

Although your tires are cracked thet should still stay inflated until you can maybe afford to get some new tires . maybe you could buy a new tire each month  , it will be worth the investment in the long run as the Gt 14 is a great tractor

Try & get some pics up on here of your new tractor as we like pics

• Like 1

C-101plowerpower

velkommen til :rs: always nice to hear that someone somewhere got a horse.

koen

• Like 1

Lars

Hei og velkommen til REDSQUARE Arild.. Her vil du finne den hjelpen du trenger..

MVH

Lars

• Like 1

groundhog47

Lars, I'll ditto that to Arild since can't say it as well as you do, Tak and hei Arild

Hei og velkommen til REDSQUARE Arild.. Her vil du finne den hjelpen du trenger..

MVH

Lars

Edited by groundhog47
  • Like 1

Sparky

:WRS:

Mike........

• Like 1

meadowfield

Welcome to the group, gt's are great tractors! :D

• Like 1

Stigian

Welcome to RS, as Mark say's "GT's are great tractors"... Love mine :handgestures-thumbup::D

• Like 1

Arild

Welcome to Redsquare Arild , I also own a GT14 here in Uk . I am not sure where how you would change the rims on the rear end of the tractor as the GT14 has the 4 hole on the hub& i havent seen many rims around with only 4 holes.

Although your tires are cracked thet should still stay inflated until you can maybe afford to get some new tires . maybe you could buy a new tire each month  , it will be worth the investment in the long run as the Gt 14 is a great tractor

Try & get some pics up on here of your new tractor as we like pics

I am  not quite sure how to get the pictures out on this forum, There might be an issue about max size and where to put the pictures. Anyway as the tractor is so bad at this point that it might be offensive to this thread with so many great tractors:-)

Arild

Anglo Traction

Maybe try this if you have not already.

If you scroll down to the bottom of this post to 'Reply to this Topic'.

Start your Reply or Thread, then CLICK on the 'More Reply Options' button in the bottom right hand corner (next to the red 'Post' button). 

This will give you a Preview and below at the bottom left hand corner, you will find 'Attach Files'.....click on 'Browse' to search your pics on your computer.

When you find the one you want to post, click on the 'Open' button and the link will appear in the Box next to 'Browse'

Click on 'Attach This File'  and your pic will (should) link to your post at the bottom.  

Place your Cursor in the Post where you want the Pic and then in the picture bar Click on 'ADD TO POST '.

The link code will then appear in your post.

Click Preview to see the picture and layout of your Post where you placed your curser.

Your pic size limit is also shown in the 'Attach' area at the bottom. I think the Forum adjusts the picture size.     

Oh and don't worry about the condition of your Tractor in the Pics, we will all have seen worse.

Edited by Anglo Traction
  • Like 1

Stormin

'Ow do, Arid. :greetings-waveyellow:  Welcome aboard.

• Like 1

Arild

post-11663-0-62208800-1380056114_thumb.j

post-11663-0-47750900-1380056371_thumb.j

post-11663-0-65088500-1380056411_thumb.j

post-11663-0-30661200-1380056449_thumb.j

post-11663-0-36894100-1380056528_thumb.j

post-11663-0-25756300-1380056576_thumb.j

Anglo Traction

I am  not quite sure how to get the pictures out on this forum, There might be an issue about max size and where to put the pictures. Anyway as the tractor is so bad at this point that it might be offensive to this thread with so many great tractors:-)

Arild

:thumbs:.........................Yes !, I have seen worse.............every time I bought a WH !........ You usually have to make them look great . Enjoy working on it.

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Another member here at RS has tractor serial number 807214.

Garry

• Like 1

Arild

Garry

Ok:-)

maybe that member have some information I might use to find out a few things about the engine and the tractor.

Is it possible for you to do some "Matchmaking" ? ha ha ha:-)

meadowfield

Garry

maybe that member have some information I might use to find out a few things about the engine and the tractor.

it's possible that although the number is close it isn't a GT14 model - I've never seen consecutive numbers to check though....  theres a GT14 up the road from me that's only a few away on both engine and serial :D

btw I've done a transmission rebuild on mine as well as work on the brake, clutch and new 3 point linkage if you have any questions just shout!

p.s. loving the alternator (generator) mounted instead of the battery - where does the battery live?

Edited by meadowfield
  • Like 1

Arild

Garry

it's possible that although the number is close it isn't a GT14 model - I've never seen consecutive numbers to check though....  theres a GT14 up the road from me that's only a few away on both engine and serial :D

btw I've done a transmission rebuild on mine as well as work on the brake, clutch and new 3 point linkage if you have any questions just shout!

p.s. loving the alternator (generator) mounted instead of the battery - where does the battery live?

Garry

Thank you.

I am going to use that invitation when the restoration starts in the spring.

In this winter I have to use the tractor to move snow from the yard, and the winter is close minus 0.5 degrees Celsius this morning.

I have made a few preparations on the tractor before the winter starts. new starter, new oil, waiting for a air cleaner. Than I have to weld a new frame so I might be able to use the snow blade.

Lights have to be mounted and maybe a few adjustments all over.

Yes there is one thing, can you pinpoint the lubrication points on this tractor?

About the alternator:-)

Yes it was a smart moment to get some electric power, the original alternator / charging coil was dead.

The battery goes behind the driver seat at this moment, "not bought yet" 

Maybe you know how much AMP it should be at least.

And the dipstick, it is broken, and I am not sure it is the right one. 

You can see it in the middle of the second picture, do you know how to find the right dipstick for this tractor?

I am going to take a close picture and post.

Arild

Arild

post-11663-0-81544800-1380104384_thumb.jpost-11663-0-97826100-1380104397_thumb.j

Arild

It lock like the dipstick is broken, but it is the right length and goes to the bottom in the tube. I have not seen any more tractors that have the dip stick on this side, maybe it has been moved?

gwest_ca

Garry

Yes it is another 1-0500. Here is the thread

Garry