Sign in to follow this  
wh1076

How do you folks deal with this?

wh1076

I sold a couple tractors a little while back and the guy said he would pay for them and pick them up on a certain date. He paid for the Wheel Horses. but that was late and now he is saying that he doesnt know when he will be able to come pick up the horses. it has already been over 3 months that he was supposed to pick the tractors ups. I dont know if this is the right area for this, but it has to deal with horses. any ideas would be greatly appreciated. The horses are taking up a lot of room. and I dont want anything to happen to them.   Thank you

Devin

leeave96

I'd send his money back via signed registered mail and move on.

Coadster32

I'd give him a stern date, (preferable the next big show you can sell them at), or he loses all his deposit. You were very kind to go as far as you did. Most people, like myself, sell the things for the extra space, not so much for the money. Might also be hard to say they're going to a good home when it starts out like this.

squonk

Probably hiding them from his wife or soon to be EX! :scared-eek:

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Simple, NO REFUNDS...or free storage...     :scared-eek: 

you've got unil the end of the week, and then they're gone.  

Pullstart

I sold a couple tractors a little while back and the guy said he would pay for them and pick them up on a certain date. He paid for the Wheel Horses. but that was late and now he is saying that he doesnt know when he will be able to come pick up the horses. it has already been over 3 months that he was supposed to pick the tractors ups. I dont know if this is the right area for this, but it has to deal with horses. any ideas would be greatly appreciated. The horses are taking up a lot of room. and I dont want anything to happen to them.   Thank you

Devin

yeah... uhhh...  I forgot your address!  send that to me by pm and I'll be right over!  :ychain:

• Like 1

rmaynard

First, find out what your legal rights are in the state where you live before doing anything. However, in any case, you must document everything from here on out in writing.

I am in Maryland, and when I was in business, and someone paid for, but didn't pick up a piece of equipment, I would send a "registered, return receipt requested" letter stating that he has 30 days to remove his property, after which it will be disposed of as I see fit, and all moneys paid will be forfeited. Likewise, if someone didn't pay for a repair and left a piece of equipment, I would notify them the same way, and dispose of the property to cover repairs and storage.

But as I said, before doing anything, check your legal rights.

• Like 4

Tankman

I sold a Horse, buyer paid cash, "will pick up the tractor later."

I didn't know who, when, coming from where?

Year later I sold the same Horse to another buyer thinking if the previous purchasor shows, I give him his money (a refund).  :eusa-think:

PS. The original buyer vanished, never heard from him. I do miss the Horse I sold.........darn!

Tankman

I sold a Horse, buyer paid cash, "will pick up the tractor later."

I didn't know who, when, coming from where?

Year later I sold the same Horse to another buyer thinking if the previous purchasor shows, I give him his money (a refund).  :eusa-think:

PS. The original buyer vanished, never heard from him. I do miss the Horse I sold.........darn!

PSS. That was early '70's. I really miss that little Stallion.

welderman85

I would check the laws in your area and try to get in touch with the buyer and set a firm pick up date or no refund and try to resell them

wh1076

I do appreciate the help. It does give me some ideas. The only bad thing is it is from 2 different states. Which laws do I need to follow is what concerns me. Thank you

D

Shuboxlover

If it were me, I would tell him..."if you don't get the horses by X date....then they'll be outside waiting for you"

KC9KAS

I do appreciate the help. It does give me some ideas. The only bad thing is it is from 2 different states. Which laws do I need to follow is what concerns me. Thank you

D

You can (legally) only live in 1 state at a time!

boovuc

As the seller, it is the laws in your state. Not the buyer. After all, since the sale took place in your state, that is where you'll pay your state sales tax. :) Right?

tarcoleo

If you send the buyer a notice and an ultimatum, not only send it

by registered mail, it might be a good idea to have it and a copy notarized.

marvairplanes

You stated that he has paid for the tractors.

So, he owns them, and they are now his responsibility.

Send him a message:

1) The tractors are parked outside my shop, exposed to the elements.

2) Tell me the exact date you plan to pick them up.

3) If they are still on your property after that date, inform him that you assume he no longer is interested, and the tractors will be re-sold and his purchase price will be forfeited..