Sign in to follow this  
bk-scouter

Let's play "Does this fit my tractor"

bk-scouter

I have a newbie question:

There is a 42" snow blower attachment for sale near me off of a B-80. Does this fit on my '99 314-8 ? And would there be any modification needed ?

Thanks for any expert advice.

-BK.

TT

Other than potentially needing a longer drive belt, (depends on which B-80 model it was from) it should be a direct fit! :banghead:

bk-scouter

Other than potentially needing a longer drive belt, (depends on which B-80 model it was from) it should be a direct fit! :banghead:

TT, will it mount directly into my tach-matic rig?

TT

Yes it will. :banghead:

Sparky

I wonder if the lift bar would need a spacer or two where it slides over the lift flag going from a B-80 to a 520. Isnt the 520 like 2 inches longer than the B-80?

I'm know the "length" discussion has come up before(long frame/short frame/and intermediate frame) but I'm to lazy to look for it.

Mike...........

TT

True, Sparky....... the long frames would need 2" added to the lift tube over the medium frame B's.

(I'd bet a 3/4" X 2" "black pipe" nipple with a flat washer at each end would do in a pinch. :banghead: )

bk-scouter

I wonder if the lift bar would need a spacer or two where it slides over the lift flag going from a B-80 to a 520. Isnt the 520 like 2 inches longer than the B-80?

I'm know the "length" discussion has come up before(long frame/short frame/and intermediate frame) but I'm to lazy to look for it.

Mike...........

520?? Are they the same as my 314? I thought that the 520's swept front axle changes things for front mounted attachments? Longer frames? :banghead:

Sparky

I think only the snow-plow is affected by the swept front axle and its fixed by a plow frame extention.

Mike.....

bk-scouter

I think only the snow-plow is affected by the swept front axle and its fixed by a plow frame extention.

Mike.....

Thanks Mike!

-BK