Sign in to follow this  
illinilefttackle

THAT'S MY BOY!

illinilefttackle

Well guys- The F-35 is taking shape as the replacement for the older less sophisticated fighters being used now. Specifically the variant for the Marines & Navy with vertical take off and landing capabilities. Rolls-Royce makes the lift mechanisum that it uses. My boy 'JR". Has three patents for its design. I am bursting with pride about what this boy has accomplished-and I feel that it makes our service men & women better equipped to handle the "mess" our world has become.

Alan Jr went from almost qitting Pop Warner Football-to being an All Conference center for the PENN HIGH SCHOOL "Gold Rush" offense. He then went on to TRI-State College and graduated in Mechanical Engineering. He landed a job with ALLISON-GAS TURBINE in Indy, which was purchased by Rolls- Royce for Defense contracts.

He is now Chief of System Design for all Rolls-Royce products in the USA. For give me for blowing this horn-but those of you with kids will understand-

The lift mechanisum performed flawlessly over 18 days of testing-a perfect score!

Here are some pics-Thanks -Al

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lockheedmartin/sets/72157635146786820/with/9602143642/

• Like 4

JimD

I completely understand your pride Al. Congratulations to your son for the way his hard work has help our military.

• Like 1

Coadster32

Amazing pictures, and a proud horn-tooting parent you should be! :bow-blue:  Congrats to you and your son. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Shuboxlover

TOTALY BAD A$$!!!!!

roscoemi

Fuel filters for it are made in Kalkaska, MI. I worked in the shop and saw the proto's in person.

Trouty56

Each time I look at these photos I think about the physics going on .... I mean the lift mechanism is on the tail of the aircraft ... to me the aircraft should flip up over it's nose ... the infrared imagery appears to show only the rear turbine providing lift .... and whatever is keeping the craft in a hover state....WOW!!! ... way more going on than meets the eye ... amazing!!!

clemedc

Awesome stuff and congrats to you and your son.

JC 1965

That's really awesome Al . You have every right to be very proud of your son.    :thumbs2: