Sign in to follow this  
stevebo

Nice haul today but not a tractor....................

stevebo

I love my runabout I picked up a few months ago and got it dialed in just right. Since then I picked up a few larger hp outboards that are a little too big for my 11.5 ft fishing boat so I have been searching cl and came across this bad boy. It is a 1966 Wolverine row boat. I purchased it from the original owner's grandson who is in his 50;s. It was only used on a small lake with a max hp of 6 which means it did not see a lot of abuse. It is a really nice boat and I look forward to tyring it out with my 1954 25hp. Seller even threw in a nice coated mushroom anchor, oars and newer fuel tank. Best of all it was only $150 !! I did not even offer less (wow!) I got the registration papers for it too. That alone is half the battle on these older boats but this one came with the papers. Here she is....

post-734-0-34182700-1379033673_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-73425300-1379033682_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-99422700-1379033689_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

fireman

You are out of control!!!!

• Like 1

stevebo

Jeff.... do you have an 800 number I can call :hide:

Coadster32

Looks pretty darn solid to me. Hard to say no when the deals come to you that good.....and you have a burning hole in the pocket. :hide:

Ken B

Jeff.... do you have an 800 number I can call :hide:

Just call me, I can help! Jeff you know as well as I do, when Steve gets on a roll things get rollin! Gonna have to rename Stevebo Mr. Excitement!

So let me get this straight, you bought the tank and anchor and he threw in the boat for nadda? :ychain:

You are really going to enjoy that boat, its a thrill holding onto the tiller arm of an old Big Twin 25, trust me, I know!

That boat is in wicked nice original condition with all that patina goin on that I know you love. It has quite a few similarities to my 1955 Crestliner....We gotta tear the lake up sometime soon eh. That Big Twin 25 will have no problem pulling Brennan on the tube behind that boat either.

JimD

Darn nice boat, but please tell us you're not going to bathe it in oil and go all Exxon Valdez on some poor unsuspecting lake.  :ychain:   smileys-fish-715930.gif

jwl

That's a really nice looking retro boat, and a pretty sweet deal too.

SALTYWRIGHT

STEVE YOU STILL CAN NOT KEEP UP WITH MY CHECKMATE.  RUSS

stevebo

No oils on this one Jim! I hit an estate sale today and picked up some 5/4 oak for a new transom. Just finished getting it on and bolted up. Real solid now and ready for a big twin! I will sand it and stain the wood tomorrow afternoon. Labor day weekend I came across a listing for a small boat trailer. Got in touch with the guy via email. He had it at his lake house near my house. I asked how much and he replied "free for the taking" so .... I went over and discovered a fairly nice galvanized trailer. I the boat sitting on that trailer and adjusted the bunks and rollers. The trailer looks like it was made for this boat. I will get a few more pics tomorrow.

• Like 1

stevebo

I got the transom done and mounted up my 1957 Johnson 10hp. She fires on the first or second pull every time. Took her out on the maiden voyage today with my son for some fishing and cruising..

post-734-0-14890200-1379205869_thumb.jpg

IMG_5697.MOV

IMG_5701.MOV

SALTYWRIGHT

THAT IS A NICE RIG.     RUSS