Dieselcowboy

Calling all loader tractors.

Dieselcowboy

Thought it would be fun to make a topic on loader tractors and see how many or what everyone has found over time. There has been a lot of loader talk lately and I really get excited about that topic. I will share mine too. I have an 550 Ark that I have had on a C160auto first and now on a 90' 520-8 with gear reduction steering, which handles the loader better.  Actually found my loader behind a garage of a friends uncle. His dad had bought it new on a D series. Even came with the original owners manual. The 520 was on craigslist. I had looked for a 520 for a long time. Finally found a 90' 520H first and the next week the 8 speed showed up on craigslist too. When it rains it pours as they say. Just couldn't pass it up. Sry I wish I had a better pic of it on the 520.

So show em' if you've got em'.

post-6454-0-18492200-1378864880_thumb.jp

post-6454-0-73426400-1378864957_thumb.jp

post-6454-0-57506100-1378867833_thumb.jp

post-6454-0-20998400-1378867846_thumb.jp

Edited by Dieselcowboy
  • Like 5

squonk

Loaders are fun. Too bad mine is not on a :wh:

MalMac

Here's mine, it's on a C-141. It came off a C-175 that I just happened across while I was up in Wisconsin. The C-175 had a blown motor and trying to load that thing in the back of my truck was a lot of fun with it not running. I have had the loader on the schedule to be restored but just can't seem to be able to take it out of service. I use it all the time. Best purchase I think I have made. Here is a picture of it at work doing the fun task of cleaning animal pins.phone014.jpg

Edited by MalMac
  • Like 1

Dieselcowboy

I don't mind those "mutt" tractors with loaders. I have several myself, but keep them secret while strolling around this forum. J/k . Lets see it anyway

squonk !

Amanda

Mine isnt a WH either. Ive been trying to get my hands on a Loader for my D but I guess ill just stick to the one I have on the case 210B

• Like 1

cheesegrader

post-4467-0-62829700-1378907595.jpgThey make excellent portable workbenches.

THey will carry ALL the tools you need, anywhere in the yard.

THey will hold things as high as you need, as long as you need, without complaining.

I can't imagine using an 8-speed to drive it.

Hand control hydro was bad enough.

Foot control is too easy!

zieg72

Anyone in the NW Indiana area looking for a loader I know of a nice one for sale.  It came with the 520H I just bought from a man.  I didn't need a loader.

leeave96

attachicon.gifIMG_0248.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0248.jpgThey make excellent portable workbenches.

THey will carry ALL the tools you need, anywhere in the yard.

THey will hold things as high as you need, as long as you need, without complaining.

I can't imagine using an 8-speed to drive it.

Hand control hydro was bad enough.

Foot control is too easy!

Is your foot control one of Matt's?  For some reason I was thinking you couldn't use it with a loader, but that might be with a tiller - just not sure.  Foot control with a loader would be GREAT!

• Like 1

boovuc

I'm still very new to the WH Loader Owners Group. (ARK 508 for Wheelhorse on my 1991 520-H)

I have used mine a few times in the couple weeks I have had it operational including making a rock wall by moving the many rocks that were graded into our wooded areas behind the homes. I noticed a traction issue with the sand bags and free weights I had in my weight bucket. (I had removed the full concrete pour the PR had in my weight bucket because it made taking it on and off a two man operation).

Using a bathroom scale, I determined I had about 125 lbs in the weight bucket along with the 100 lbs of wheel weights to make about 225 lbs of counter weight. I now used two solid concrete squares of 55 lbs each, two big cap blocks at 25 lbs each, (3) 10 lb free weights and my wheel weights to get to about 290 lbs. (I weighed the solid block of concrete that was in the weight bucket originally at about 265 lbs. without my wheel weights included in the gross).

Traction is better!

These are the pics right after I got it on with the solid concrete in the weight bucket!

post-940-0-85930100-1378948578_thumb.jpg

post-940-0-63309600-1378948728_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

cheesegrader

Leeave,

Yes, it's Matt's.  It fits great, looks great, and works great.

I can't believe how much easier it is to get things done with it set up this way.

post-4467-0-36239300-1378952879_thumb.jp

• Like 1

squonk

"Elvis"

IMG_0380_zps96d0abc8.jpg

IMG_0361_zps81577c77.jpg

• Like 4

boovuc

The front bucket on the Kwikways and the D Series loaders are huge!

I'll have to look at Matt's footpedal conversion again. The steering wheel motion lever is a pain with the loader but the ARK doesn't give my size 13 footwear much room as it is. As a safety feature though.........it is almost impossible to run the loader controls and the tractor controls at the same time without steering with my nose! (Which I vowed never to do again)! :naughty:

• Like 1

leeave96

Here is a pic of mine (same pic I used in a separate post recently).  Haven't had much of a chance to tinker with the loader.  I will likely remove it and bring it and the tractor into the basement for some basic maintenance and may be a bit of paint on the loader.  This will be a winter project.  Anyhow - wanted to make a showing on this thread!

post-6085-0-30483700-1379032381_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Dieselcowboy

Everyone has really nice loader setups so far. I enjoy seeing them all in one post. Keep them coming. :happy-jumpeveryone:

Edited by Dieselcowboy

DoctorHfuhruhurr

I don't have a loader but I do have a Johnny Bucket Jr. like this ... (not my photo below) 

I've used mine on a 310-8 but I'm going to switch it to either a 416 or 520 for the extra weight. 

I picked it up for $200 on Craigslist and it looks practically brand new. 

WHDump.JPG

Edited by DoctorHfuhruhurr
  • Like 2

clemedc

Hi Matt

I figured I may as well post my Danco loader equiped Electro 12 here too. I will try to post more pics later but here it is how is sat where I bought it.

014_zpseba0977e.jpg

• Like 1

baerpath

D 250 with Ark loader Had to put a new pump on it. Remember guy's don't use Hyd oil in them PO did burned the loader pump up.   It;s for sale kinda lol

post-121-0-93908600-1380199180_thumb.jpg

Edited by baerpath
  • Like 2

boovuc

Thanks for everyone who posted and thanks to DieselCowboy for starting the post.

Who else has loaders here. I know there are more! I too love to see them. Most of these loaders have been stored outside and basically disappear into a fence row over time. If you have them, please post them. It was a five + year quest for me to get one for my 520. They aren't the easiest find of all the implements that Wheelhorse and their 3rd party vendors offered.

And for Elvis and the Case tractor, post them if you have them! They don't have to be on horses!

Edited by boovuc

ThreeHorses

Pictures of my 1993 Wheelhorse 520H with Kwik-way loader to post in classified ad in June.

Getting a BX2370 with loader and my better half said I needed to get rid of some horses to make room in the barn and help pay for it. She paid for a large part of it, got to Love her!

Took a picture of my other Wheelhorse 520H next to the Kubota. I made someone else real happy when they picked up the 520H with the loader, but didn't have the Kubota yet.

Took a picture of the Kubota BX2370 loaded up to go move some gravel & dirt at my son's place in Lafayette, IN

Also took a picture of him taking a turn on the Kubota BX2370 and some of one of the piles of gravel piled up from the driveway we were removing.

]

baerpath

This is one of my first 520 with loader. Also ad one on a Sears and a 720 Allis. Bought a 2055 JD now for loader duty

frontwheels520003.jpg

squonk

The loader on Elvis is home made copied from Power King drawings. Bucket is a scoop hybrid.

Mr. 856

I was recently given a home made lift(minus bucket) that was built for a  Allis Chalmers  B-112. Is the Allis that much bigger then a 856? I'm wondering if its worth trying to get it on the 856 or am I asking for trouble?

Dieselcowboy

I don't think they are really any bigger. These arks we have on some of our WH where made for D series and some of use have them on 520's and C series. If it doesn't look to awful big I'd get it on there. But now you admitted  to having a loader I expect to see in on this topic page. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Marv

post-5287-0-06185200-1380419078.jpg 

Here is mine. I got he basic frame with the bucket as a rusted unit. Wasn't sure if it would work out. I made a sub frame to mount it to the tractor and a pump mount also. It is mounted on my C141 auto. Foot control would be nice. I am thinking of moving it to an 8 speed.

Marvin

post-5287-0-06185200-1380419078.jpg 

Here is mine. I got he basic frame with the bucket as a rusted unit. Wasn't sure if it would work out. I made a sub frame to mount it to the tractor and a pump mount also. It is mounted on my C141 auto. Foot control would be nice. I am thinking of moving it to an 8 speed.

Marvin

Jake217

I figured I would chip in.  I posted pics of my "one armed bandit" last year.  It looks really funky but works very well.  I have included a couple of action shots as well.

Right now I have the single arm FEL  on my C-165 8 Speed.  It will bolt right up to my 520H, 312H, and C-125 as well.  Takes about 45 minutes.

10055166036_8a10c9f1a6_z.jpg

Here is the head on shot.  The blackhood looks good!

10055124755_74dfc67451_z.jpg

I fabbed up some pallet forks over the winter - they come in handy! 

10055230803_f0cc6c3a2e_z.jpg

Here's a clearer shot of the forks.  I had the scrap steel lying around - just some cutting, tapping and welding.  Completely changes the way I store things now.

10055231513_3ef01faac6_z.jpg

I have to build a weight box some day.  Right now, I use an HF 500lb cargo carrier hooked into one of Scott Moreau's 2" recievers.  That's about 200 lbs on the carrier.  That log weighs about 250.

10055232433_5ce628d41d_z.jpg

It's not an ark loader, but works great for what I need.  The FEL is rated for 300lbs, but I've lifted more than that on occasion.

Thanks for the opportunity to show off one of my toys.

Jack

• Like 1