Sign in to follow this  
Deere Hunter

GoPro Video from last pull

Deere Hunter

Picked up a GoPro this past week and tried it out at the pull on Sunday. Had it mounted on my helmet but going to try other locations on the tractor at the next pull. Here is the video I uploaded to YouTube. It really cut down on the quality on the upload, the video is awesome straight off the memory card.

http://youtu.be/UMA0XjE2kc0

Let me know if the link doesn't work

• Like 2

Coadster32

Link works perfectly. That was really cool!! Put me right there in the drivers seat. :handgestures-thumbupright:

RMCIII

Nice shot. What do you use as a gauge before you do a light or complete rebuild? Some I talk to say they limit it to a certain number of runs. Others use the runs X track condition. ??? Like to hear your input in this.

Deere Hunter

On my oem head twin I usually put a new set of valve springs on every winter. other than that not really anything else except oil and filter changes. That engine will turn 10,600 off the line and carry 7200-8600 depending on track conditions.

Not sure what maintenance will be on the engine in the video will be yet. That was number 7,8 & 9 hook on that engine. Still has the break in oil in it. This engine will turn 11,000 off the line and carry 9200-9800 down the track. The transmission will need more maintenance then the engine. After 6 passes the new engine was melting the needle bearings for the pinion and top shaft. Trans has all the good aftermarket parts except for upgraded bearings, which looks like its time for them.

RMCIII

Never ending saga. Same as when I was racing cars. You build something stronger, you weaken something else. Did you get the alcohol engine in yet?

Deere Hunter

The engine in the video is the one that was going to be on alcohol, it will be eventually. I want to build a new plenum for the intake before we switch it over. Right now it's running on Sunoco HCR. Trying it out with a 56mm carb but will have to switch to a 30mm if I run it in NQS Pro V Twin class.

RMCIII

Just a question for my curiosity. Why the alky vs. the diesel.

Deere Hunter

It's on gas

312Hydro

Awesome vid! That GoPro puts you right in the seat. That tach looks easy to read too. Thanks for posting. :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupright: 

RMCIII

Running gas now but will be converting over to Alky?

Deere Hunter

Yes, probably switch it over by next year

jimt1971

Wayne that video was awesome. Would love to run one of those big tractor one of these days but for right now I need to stick to my 16 hp 312-8 at 4000 rpm. But, I will be doing engine work over the winter.

Jim