three2second

8 hp wheel horse pullers

three2second

I live in southern KY around here we pull 8 horse power stock here are some pictures of mine and my wifes pulling mowers dirty bit is my wifes and little bit is mine post-11609-0-43575000-1378687461_thumb.j

shooter500guns

i can't fathom ruining a good tractor for a pulling event, why can't they use a old mtd or sears tractor?

welderman85

Very nice tractors I like the idea of a eight horse class sounds like fun. Shooter500 I veiw tractors as classic cars some restore to stock some modify to have fun with building a puller doesn't mean the tractor is ruined I don't believe in make any changes that can't be returned to stock all the extra parts and bars on my puller are bolt on so it can be removed.even if parts are welded to the frame and such welds can be cut and ground down and holes can be filled.To me building a puller is better than tractors that just rot away outside or end hp at the scrap yard.most get the restomod treatment and bring lots of fun and joy to the owner

Edited by welderman85
  • Like 2

AMC RULES

Both good lookin' machines there.   :icecream: 

baerpath

i can't fathom ruining a good tractor for a pulling event, why can't they use a old mtd or sears tractor?

Because it's more fun to win and look good doing it !

We have a 8hp class here also.  Couple good loooking pullers

• Like 1

shooter500guns

i don't get out to tractor pulls anymore, i guess i should. does anyone pull with smaller class engines? like 6 or 4 horse power. what brand tractors are used the most. i have a j.d. 110 round fender , would that be a good puller? also i have 3 ole bolens husky tractors. and a wheel horse 656. are any of those good for pullers?

steve-ooo

What rpms dovthose 8hp engines run? Im trying to figure outa wat to beef my k181 kohler up:-)

chris11

Very cool looking

three2second

The average RPM we run is around 4000- 5500 rpm (governors unhooked) I have been pretty lucky this year we been bringing home 1st and 2nd prize money weekly :)  I have also built a 3rd tractor (aka Dirty Bit 2) it has a 8.5 hp vanguard OHV engine and it is a serious force to be dealt with I Pull it against 8 hp Honda engines and clone engines