Sign in to follow this  
John Sullivan

Muffler

John Sullivan

Hi 

I have a 520-8 with an 20hp onan engine. Muffler is noisy. Very pricey Has anyone replaced the factory exhaust with vertical muffler. Due to the two exhaust ports on manifold would it require 2 mufflers? If someone has done this or an alternate of, would you post a picture please?

Thank you

John

daveoman1966

I have a good 520H muffler for the twin Onan 20hp engine.  $130 for it as shown here, plus shipping from zip 16433

my email is:  daveoman@windstream.net

Edited by daveoman1966

John Sullivan

Hi Dave

I would be very interested, but the parts manual shows two different part numbers for the 520-8 and the 520H. I do not think they are the same part. 

Thank you

John

daveoman1966

The 520-8 was made only in 1990 and the muffler is part 116470.  If you reverse lookup 116470 you get the 520-8 and several 520-H are also listed.  If you lookup a muffler for the 520-H it is part 116471 and if you reverse lookup 116471, the 520-8 of 1990 is listed as well as sever years for the 520-H. 

Therefore, by decuctive reasoning, the mufflers are the same, just the part # has changed and Toro often does that.

My offer of $130 + ship is still available and when I see the new muffler listed at over $500, .....WOW.

cheesegrader

The Onan P220 engine is the same on both the 520-8 and the 520H.  Muffler should be the same, too.

John Sullivan

Thanks again everyone for your input. Have emailed Dave privately

John 

John Sullivan

Received muffler and shield today. Condition very good. Once again saved a pile of money using the resources of this board. Thank you everyone for your input. Thank you Dave for your time and effort and the education on wheelhorse models and parts interchange.

John