Pettson

D-180 foot hydro!

Pettson

Has anyone played whit the hydro and tried too make in too foot control?

the gears in my head ar tuning too the point of over heat!

best regards Pettson 

js5020

I dont have a D but I do have a 16 Auto that Im growing fond of and my only "issue" with it is the hand hydro, I dont think I can make it work as well or be for public consumption as my JD 2 pedal but I want some kind of foot controls for travel. 

chrisd200(inactive)

It would probably take a lot to modify a D to foot control! But it sure would be nice. When I'm plowing, its a real challenge to keep the hydro motion where I want it, keep the steering straight and control the depth of the plow all at the same time. 

pacer

Boy o boy, would a foot control be nice!! yes indeedy

I dont plow but use a rear blade a good bit and a fella needs 3 hands and a rubber neck to work something like that. I never really put any great thought into it, I guess thinking from working with the controls several times that it wouldnt be an easy mod.

C-101plowerpower

isn't there a hydro foot control for the 520's? can't someone modify one to work on the D series?

Pettson

at the moment iam looking at using dual pedals from a tractor or so, trying too get 2 functions in 1 axel. 

the hard part is the space and howe too get too move back too nutrall and stay there.

KC9KAS

Keep us posted , as many of us with a "D" would be interested in how you make the conversion.

As said above...a guy needs 3 hands and a rubber neck to operate these tractors with a rear implement.

JamesBe1

Wow, that's a nice mod.  I would love to have that on my tractor.  Let us know if you find out more.

JackC

I saw a nice foot control on a D-160.  It looked pretty simple.  There was a linkage arm coming out from a side panel and that was connected to a foot pedal attached to the foot rest.  Not sure if it was factory or custom made.  It looked excellent. The tractor was sold at an auction and had a 24hp Honda replacement engine, a kwik way loader, a plow blade that attached to the loader bucket, a weight box, 3 point hitch and rotating pto.  It sold for around $1,700. It was sold at an auction in Berkshire County, Massachusetts. Did anyone here get it?

mattd860

If someone wanted to drop off their D-series for a while, I would be willing to adapt my foot pedal kits to fit them. Right now they only fit smaller models with the Eaton 700 or 1100 transmissions like the 520-H and 300/400 series. I made a kit to fit the older models with the Sundstrand Transmission but it was too difficult to fabricate and there was very little interest from people. 

The advantage that models like the 520 have, is that the tractor is setup for a right (side) foot pedal for models like the 520-8. Since the D-series have no manual transmission counterpart, the tractor was never made to receive a foot pedal on the right hand side from the factory. Of course, welding a 3/4" bar to the side of the frame could change all that :)

Such a kit is most likely possible to make, however, it would be costly and might require welding. But, if there is enough interest, and if someone wants to bring over their D-series for a day, I could take a look and report back. 

Just a thought - before anyone tows thier D-series over, why don't a bunch of you email some pictures of the tractor to me - specifically the right side and bottom of the tractor. Also, pictures with the covers off showing as much of the linkage between the hand lever and the transmission as possible will be great. mattdarling02@hotmail.com is my email or just post the pictures here. 

coldone

Matt,

The D are setup for right side foot pedal. The turning brakes are a bolt on setup for the right side.

There is a short shot of teh right side in the first 60seconds here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyPlEYxJE28

I will see if I can get some pics for you this weekend.

Here is teh IPL for the Turning brakes

http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=toro_consumer&mn=1-0631%2C+D-200+Automatic+Tractor%2C+1975&dn=803985-39850016-0006

mattd860

Yeah more pictures would be great. I need to know if a connecting rod can travel between the pedal and the hydro linkage so pictures with the tins off would be perfect.

Are ALL D-series setup to install the turning pedals? It seems that tractors that do not come with the pedal aren't setup for it. Take a look at this video because it appears that there is no rod for the pedal to pivot on. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnW4C_EjWQM

pacer

Am following this with interest and thought I would contribute what I could ...

On my 1975 model D-180 there is nothing whatsoever on the right side to indicate there is existing means for mounting for a pedal. The "brake" pedal on the lefts shaft goes through the frame and stubs out on the right just in front of the foot rest. I should point out here that it is not a brake in the conventional sense, it has a arm attached to the transmission and simply disengages the fwd/rev lever on the column - but it will most certainly "brake"  I cant remember when I utilized the pedal, I simply use the lever on the column.

So (at least as far as I would care) using the existing brake shaft and re-connecting the linkage to work the fwd/rev and just not have a "brake" pedal would be OK. However that still leaves the mounting of a pedal, either on the right - which would appear to require weldments - or just use the existing pedal on the left, adapting some sort of heel piece --- or?... any other ideas?

Removing the panels on a D are a pain in the back side - maybe if someone has theirs down for paint of something and could get a pic of the linkage.

post-9681-0-06009000-1380302352_thumb.jp

post-9681-0-05125500-1380302375_thumb.jp