Sign in to follow this  
illinilefttackle

ANYBODY GOT A PART# ?

illinilefttackle

:USA: Geez- I'm stilling putting tools away, but it's nice to see the old horse proudly standing over in the corner-ready to work!

I thought I read some where here while talking about timing these Horses-that there was a plug to go back into the timing hole when your done checking timing? Was there? Is there? Anyone know the part #? Is it still avaiable? It might even increase the airflow from the flywheel a bit-nothing is to good for my horse.

I'm going out to check the dwell-report back later-maybe even take a ride around the yard-in plain view of the Deere Guy- :banghead:

Thanks-AL

Kelly

All I have is holes :banghead: , no plugs, but I havn't looked at all of them, If you need a extra hole I'll send you one free. :USA:

big mike

Al,I have seen a couple of Kohlers that still had the pliug in them.I doubt it would make much difference in the cooling ability.

pond195520032003

I have seen the plugs in them and seen some without, cant say about the air flow :omg::banghead: anyway if anyone (Kelly) happens to go to Glens surplus in Shelby Ohio its possible you might find some plugs there :USA:

evanloock

It is just a standard press fit metal plug. I have seen them in various sizes at the local ACE hardware (also have the ones for the grease access points on the covers for the old gear-drive decks and for the hole in the dash on WH such as my 607 that do not have a starter/gen). My K-301 parts book shows part number X-301-1. You can go to rcpw.com and they have the parts breakdown for all the K-Series (and Magnums as well).

Electro12WH

I've even gotten those plugs at Lowes where they keep all those hard to find things in little drawers. It's just a chrome plated button with little prongs on the back.