whfan74

New Tractor Club

T McCool

Looking real nice! This is really inspirational!

• Like 1

whfan74

Thanks everyone for the support and encouragement. We are still plugging along and it seems our momentum has slowed down. Last night we only had 4 club members and little progress was made. The kids are still having fun and am very thankful for their commitment to the project. The new goal will be to have the tractor done for my show. They will be able to display it and we will have the silent auction take place that afternoon on October 4th.

Here are a couple pictures from last night. We are getting down to all the little things which really slow things down. Time to get cracking!

post-919-0-92119700-1406815548_thumb.jpg

post-919-0-26111500-1406815562_thumb.jpg

**Note**. This is the Ohio tractor that is not currently getting a full makeover.

• Like 1

Desko

Looks great just have to keep plugin away.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Who's the big kid in the red shirt under the tractor?  :)

• Like 3

whfan74

Who's the big kid in the red shirt under the tractor?  :)

That is dad taking a nap, I mean tightening bolts. :)

• Like 3

Racinbob

Looking fantastic Scott. Be careful picking on your Dad. I used to do that. Then before I knew it my daughters are doing the same to me.

• Like 2

Jparkes43

I'm so proud of the children I wish I had that opertunity when I was that age but ts good to see that the love for the horses will stay alive

James

• Like 3

km3h

Tell me, who had more fun, you and your dad or the kids?

• Like 1

whfan74

Well dad and I are having a ball....but the enthusiasm these kids are showing is pretty cool as well.

• Like 2

Ken B

What type of crowd will be at the silent auction? I once got a week for four in a luxury condo right outside Disney for 150 bucks in a silent auction. I wonder how well it would do if it was raffled off at the BIG SHOW? Tractor sure is lookin nice! 

• Like 1

shorts

If your dad was takin a nap he would have used his belt ti tie his hands up so you couldn't tell

• Like 1

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:   I wonder if the site admins could work it out for silent auction bids to be placed here on the Square?  I think it would do well.  :text-bravo: :text-bravo:

Edited by 953 nut
  • Like 2

whfan74

Well I must admit that I have dropped the ball on updates.  For our loyal followers, we are still plugging away and making progress.  The end is in sight!!!!!

We managed to meet the entire summer and only took a couple weeks off.  We didn't miss a beat once school began again in the middle of August.  Things have been very hectic on my end and I apologize for not sharing the updates that many of you look forward to on a weekly basis.  I will try and pick up the slack!

We have been lucky enough to show off our projects in two parades, received many compliments, and a group of kids that don't understand the word "quit"

Thank you to everyone that has supported us......who would have ever thought things would have turned out the way they have.  We are truly blessed!

Here is one picture I snapped tonight.  The past two days the tractors have been on display in the front entry way of the school so the entire student body can admire the craftsmanship of the kids.  We will be rolling them back in to the club barn tomorrow to work on getting these closer to completion.  I will try and get some other pictures posted soon!

Here you go...........

post-919-0-80905200-1410908855_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

AMC RULES

Looking sooo........nice Scott.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

• Like 1

Racinbob

That is so cool Scott! I'm sure it makes the kids proud and they deserve it. It goes without saying that this entire forum is proud of them and of you as well. What you are doing for these kids is just something we don't see anymore. :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 3

woodchuckfarmer

They look great Scott

• Like 1

km3h

Scott, you are the kind of teacher that makes kids want to go to school. You epitomize the dedication one looks for in a teacher. Your dedication to these children will remain in their memories long after you are in another place. They will tell their grandchildren about you and I bet a few of them are inspired to become teachers themselves and carry on the fine tradition you have instilled in them.

• Like 2

Carpenter

Way to go, Scott! Keep up the good work. Great to see kids able to get their hands dirty and to feel that sense of satisfaction after each club meeting. 

• Like 1

speedyleedy

Great job Scott !

• Like 1

whfan74

Here we are last week at the Homecoming parade showing off our projects!

post-919-0-64045200-1410955715_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

whfan74

Thanks everyone for the very nice comments.  We are gearing up for another night of club.  We will be moving the machines back out to the club barn and continue on with our journey. 

It looks as though we will be adding a couple of members starting next week.  I am wanting to fill the vacant spots that were left by the students who are now 7th graders.  They will get the crash course and will start disassembly on the tractor the kids won during the essay contest.  The kids that have been previously in the club will continue on with the tractors that you have been following.

Exciting times and a lot going on!

• Like 2

Wayne

Very cool, just saw this thread for the first time, sounds like you are one of the good ones :) I will be following along from here. congrats to you, and to the kids, looks like they have done some awesome work! :woohoo:

• Like 1

whfan74

Looking forward to getting back out in the barn after school tonight.  So much to be done, yet we are so close on both machines.  The kids are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Tonight will be a little different as well as this is our first time adding some new club members.  There will be two young 6th grade boys who are just great kids that will be joining us.  They are very eager to get their hands dirty!  I don't think they have a clue what is about to happen!  :)

Last night I hooked up the open trailer and loaded up the tractor that was won through the essay contest.  After going over all of the safety rules, procedures, expectations, etc. the disassembly might begin tonight on the B-80.  The other kids in the group will be plugging away on the other tractors.  Things are about to get interesting to say the least.

Tune back in and check how we are doing!

• Like 3

AMC RULES

Will that big kid coming back again this year Scott...

or, did he finally graduate to 7th grade?   :)

whfan74

If you are referring to me.......then no I will never graduate Craig!  I might get older but I will never grow up!

• Like 1