whfan74

New Tractor Club

shorts

I have a Raider 12 8speed to donate for another club project, let me know when you want it, no time constraints or limits. When you have a place to store it let me know and we'll work out the logistics

• Like 3

KC9KAS

Just received my May/June issue of Lawn & Garden Tractor magazine and read the article by Scott explaining this new club to the readers.

Scott, you have done a wonderful thing for these kids, and the folks that have helped with donations are also top notch!

Thanks for your good work.

No wonder your Fall M & G is well attended, as you are the best!

• Like 3

whfan74

Thank you guys for the kind words. I really couldn't pull this off without the help and donations of everyone involved. My dad is a huge part of this club. Without his expertise and knowledge, we would be dead in the water.

I am still planning on giving another update, I just need to wait on one more thing. I should hopefully have something for you in the very near future.

squonk

Just received my May/June issue of Lawn & Garden Tractor magazine and read the article by Scott explaining this new club to the readers.

Scott, you have done a wonderful thing for these kids, and the folks that have helped with donations are also top notch!

Thanks for your good work.

No wonder your Fall M & G is well attended, as you are the best!

Well if the L & G issue is out, I'm expecting to read the entire mag here on RS and Facebook before mine  arrives! (Saves Time)  :)

whfan74

What a great week it has been. Wednesday night we were interviewed by our local newspaper. They put our club on the front page and did a very nice article on the kids. We are very thankful for the opportunity to share about our project with others.

On hand for the event was another reporter of a online local paper. The article was finally posted late last night. There are a few goofs in the article itself, but you can get the idea. It was great having this opportunity to tell our story. I am not real comfortable being video taped, so bear with me. You can see the interview and article here:

http://www.staceypageonline.com/2014/05/02/harrison-celebrates-new-tractor-club-building/

Late Wednesday night I received word that the kids had their essay chosen and are now proud owners of a B-80 donated by Mr. Barrett and sponsored by the LAGT magazine. They were excited to hear the news the next morning at school. Now it looks like I will be seeing all of you next month out in PA! :)

Finally I arrived home last night to find my issue of LAGT magazine in the mailbox. The kids are now honored in the magazine with a very nice article. Thank you Kate for asking for a story on them.

So what a week! We now have a bunch of work to do! Stay tuned!

post-919-0-17312500-1399126374_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Racinbob

You did an awesome job in the video Scott! This story and what you're doing is incredible.

• Like 1

rmaynard

Just got my Lawn & Garden magazine yesterday, and the article on the kids and the club was just great. Kudos to you Scott for the great job.

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

• Like 2

whfan74

Thank you guys!  It was a great opportunity for the kids.

Well we will be back at it tonight.  So much to do in such a little amount of time.  We will make that deadline if it means some sleepless nights helping those young ones finish their project.  Time to kick this baby in to high gear!

Hold on everyone..........it is going to be a wild ride to the finish!

• Like 1

km3h

These children will remember this project for the rest of their lives. When you are long gone from this earth, you will be fondly remembered as the teacher who cared. I venture to say that next year you will have trouble with the amount of students who will be clamoring for inclusion it the new project. When you mentioned that they were going to build that shed, I realized it would soon be too small for you needs. Your school is so very lucky to have such a giving teacher. You just do not see that kind of extra effort in todays world. You are doing Gods work, molding the lives of tomorrows leaders.

• Like 3

953 nut

:text-yeahthat:        :text-yeahthat:        :text-yeahthat:      :text-yeahthat:      :text-thankyouyellow:         :text-thankyouyellow:          :text-thankyouyellow:        :text-thankyouyellow:

• Like 1

whfan74

Back at again tonight with the kids! We were missing a few due to the fact that they were away at 6th grade camp. They were definitely missed but the extra elbow room was helpful due to the rainy weather outside.

We are in a mad dash to the finish line. We will prevail, even though you may doubt us. :). Somehow I will get it done! Prayers are appreciated!

We have been really blessed here recently. To give a little recap and an update here is what has transpired over the past couple weeks.

We received a partially restored C-121 from Clyde Potts in Wooster, OH. We are now able to spread the work out a bit more with so many kids.

The kids won the essay contest that many of you saw on here that was promoted by LAGT magazine. Thank you to Mr. Barrett for choosing this fine group of kids.

Hoffman's Outdoor Power Equipment located in Etna Green, IN. donated a C-120 for next year. How awesome!

Paul aka shorts on here is donating a Raider 12 8 speed for the kids as well. How cool is that?!?!?!

A subscriber from LAGT contacted me last week and is donating an early John Deere round fender for the kids as well!!!!!! It will be the first time I will have some green under my finger nails.

I am also going to attach some photos from tonight. The first one is a great donation we received today from Larry Polk of Leesburg, IN. Our very own 60 gallon upright air compressor. We are one step closer to being able to sandblast our own parts!

post-919-0-42397300-1400108575_thumb.jpg

Also a big thank you to Ken Townsend for the tractor bling. He is a member here but I am drawing a blank as to what his screen name is. Some fancy lug nut bolts don't you think?????

post-919-0-03653400-1400108691_thumb.jpg

This young man is a great worker. Thomas has some issues with both knee caps right now and is on crutches. He loves club and didn't want to miss out. So we got him his own chair and he did some sanding on the parts for the C-121. He is a real trooper and I am very proud of him.

post-919-0-72732500-1400108869_thumb.jpg

Here is a photo of Simon airing up one of the front tires. This is with our little pancake compressor. Can't wait to have the big one hard wired!

post-919-0-98098900-1400108971_thumb.jpg

Cade is hard at work securing the engine block for the cradle to rest on for the C-121.

post-919-0-86560300-1400109044_thumb.jpg

Here is a shot of dad working with the kids to tighten down some parts. Not much room for all of those hands! The C-120 is coming along.

post-919-0-32214400-1400109179_thumb.jpg

Here are the two tractors before I left. Yikes! We need to get shaking! :)

post-919-0-33909800-1400109274_thumb.jpg

post-919-0-39490300-1400109287_thumb.jpg

Also a huge thank you to Mike aka racinfool40 for the tranny parts and helping put it all back together for the club tractor. That was huge!

Thank you to Bud Andrews for the monetary donation so these two fine machines can have some new batteries.

We have been blessed and are very thankful for everyone that has helped us along our journey.

We hope you are enjoying the updates!

• Like 3

Jake Kuhn

Looking very good! I bet everyone will sure love being able to use a sandblaster too, sanding those parts by hand it a lot of work. 

• Like 1

Desko

Wow. What you have done for these kids is just amazing and shows that there is still hope for our generation I wish my school could have done something like this. Keep up the great work im sure you will get done on schedule or even before just keep marching on soldier :)

• Like 1

953 nut

:text-thankyouyellow:    Scott, we all look forward to your weekly updates, fantastic job you are doing!

Love the "Bling" lug nuts, wouldn't mind having a set myself.  :text-bravo: 

• Like 1

whfan74

Thanks you guys for the nice comments.  We are definitely trying to wrap this thing up.  I had a couple of kids yesterday ask if they could drive the tractor when it is finally completed.  I said...."that is the best part and of course!"  Looking forward to seeing each and every one of them take a turn on it.  I can already envision smiles from ear to ear.

We will keep plugging away and continue to post updates when possible!  Thanks for following along with our journey!

• Like 1

whfan74

We were back at it tonight. Hard to believe it was soooo cold not long ago and now we need a fan in the barn. 84 degree temps with some humidity made things a little sweaty tonight. We were missing a couple of members tonight, my daughter being one of them. Went with her today on her field trip and had to leave early due to her vomiting. Thankfully she is feeling much better tonight but this dad is praying that he doesn't get it!!!!!

We had a lot of different projects going on tonight. We were missing a few things from the Ohio tractor so we grabbed a few parts off of our shelves. Of course they weren't NOS so a sanding we will go, and a sanding we went.

post-919-0-37066400-1400713764_thumb.jpg

Some parts from the Ohio tractor had been cleaned but not painted. The kids had a ball having a chance to lay down some primer and then red paint. I think out of the 10 or so parts we painted tonight, only one part had a small run. I was quite impressed and they listened very well. Of course my clothes were a shade of red by the time we were done! :). They are naturals!

post-919-0-06622800-1400713957_thumb.jpg

post-919-0-89347100-1400713968_thumb.jpg

post-919-0-73105500-1400713981_thumb.jpg

While a few were sanding, some others were painting, the rest were in the barn wrenching away. I am feeling the squeeze and trying to figure out how to get more hours in my day. Dad kept the wrenches turning in the barn. Boy was it hot and stuffy in there!

post-919-0-60259500-1400713997_thumb.jpg

Just before most of them left for the night I surprised them with their very own copy of LAGT magazine. Thank you to Kate and Brandon for hooking these kids up. They were blown away by the fact that they were featured in a magazine!

Here they are showing off their copy and LAGT sticker!

post-919-0-00062500-1400714012_thumb.jpg

Of course they were bummed that they had to take a nice picture for me. So what would a photo op be with these guys without a goofy photo? They are great kids and some real comedians.

post-919-0-49221000-1400714028_thumb.jpg

Thanks for following along again. Hope you are enjoying our journey. Say some prayers for us....we need this thing done!

• Like 2

whfan74

Well the end of the school year is approaching fast. It has been a whirlwind of a spring with many hiccups and bumps in the road. Thankfully we are able to still plug away. The unfortunate part is we will not meet our deadline. :(. The good news is that we are moving forward and will continue to meet during the summer.

This project is the kids project, not mine. They will see it through to completion. It would not be good for anyone if I came in after hours and tried to help finish it myself.

This past week we sanded a bit more and had some fun applying decals. The kids put the decals on themselves and did a mighty fine job.

Please hang in there with us as we continue to try and finish this up.

Sanding away!!! The good news is, we will be receiving a small sand blast cabinet in the near future! :)

post-919-0-34722400-1401547077_thumb.jpg

post-919-0-49553200-1401547090_thumb.jpg

post-919-0-43426600-1401547101_thumb.jpg

Slow and steady hands......they did a great job applying Terry's decals!

post-919-0-58602300-1401547114_thumb.jpg

post-919-0-31759000-1401547126_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

953 nut

Hi, any updates? I know you had hoped to be finished by the end of the school year but we are interested in knowing how doing.  :text-thankyouyellow:

whfan74

Sorry for the lack of updates. I am in the process of moving. Will be sure to update soon! Thanks for keeping me on my toes!

whfan74

As previously mentioned the club was unable to finish by the end of the school year. We tried our best but just didn't have enough hours to wrap things up. Instead we are continuing the party in to the summer and have met two times so far. 2 weeks ago I was unable to snap any pictures, but this past week I made sure to grab a few photos of the 5 club members that were able to attend. Here they are in action. They really were able to get after it as much progress was made.

post-919-0-31072800-1403999419_thumb.jpg

post-919-0-47831400-1403999432_thumb.jpg

post-919-0-40506200-1403999443_thumb.jpg

post-919-0-21283900-1403999458_thumb.jpg

While out at the "Big Show" Glen Pettit wanted to brighten up the walls a bit and donated one of his cool new flags. We were able to hang it and display it proudly!

post-919-0-11870300-1403999471_thumb.jpg

I just had to grab another flag to add some more color. Glen does great work! Make sure to support our vendors!

post-919-0-54762200-1403999483_thumb.jpg

Here is a photo of the club tractor. Slowly but surely it is making progress.

post-919-0-18580000-1403999510_thumb.jpg

We are also working on the C-121 that Clyde Potts from Wooster, OH donated to the club.

post-919-0-46976300-1403999521_thumb.jpg

Here is a photo of the two red stallions awaiting to be completed.

post-919-0-19584200-1403999533_thumb.jpg

This year I did not plan on going out to PA but as some of you are aware, the kids won the essay contest in the LAGT magazine. So off I went and retrieved the project for next year. It was an interesting journey as some of you know. A HUGE thank you to Van (Wheel n it)!

I am looking forward to showing the kids the new project that will be tackled in August!

post-919-0-39662600-1404000308_thumb.jpg

post-919-0-77213800-1404000320_thumb.jpg

We were also invited to help kick off our county 4-H fair on July 6th. The tractor will have the hood mounted and then transported to the builder of our club building. From there it will be placed on the flat bed of his old restored International truck. The kids will ride along on the truck through the parade. The truck and tractor will then be placed on display at the county fair for the week. The kids are pretty excited and I will be sure to snap some photos.

Stay tuned folks......we aren't done yet!

• Like 3

Vinylguy

Let me know when you are ready for decals for the other tractors. What ever the kids need. Just let me know.

• Like 2

953 nut

:woohoo:   Life is good!  :text-coolphotos:

whfan74

Sorry everyone for the lack of updates.  We will be meeting again this evening and will try and remember to snap some pictures and tell all of you how we are doing.  Slowly but surely we are plugging away at this!

T McCool

Where were you when i was in 6th grade!!!??? Wow those kids are lucky. This is a great idea and wonderful thing your doing here. They will remember this project for the rest of there lives, and possibly give them an interest in mechanics and engineering in there future. Thumbs up to you my friend.

• Like 1

whfan74

Well like I mentioned, we are still plugging away. Though we really missed our target completion date, this has been so rewarding. We will see this through until the end!

Tonight we only had 5 members in attendance. Sometimes the smaller numbers helps us get more completed. The kids were doing a fine job and we were able to learn how some of the parts have to work in order to make the tractor function properly. They are still really engaged in the project which is very cool to see.

Almost forgot to grab some photos again but here you go:

post-919-0-96191900-1406162866_thumb.jpg

post-919-0-44668900-1406162883_thumb.jpg

post-919-0-72137800-1406162906_thumb.jpg

post-919-0-51112700-1406162924_thumb.jpg

post-919-0-08602400-1406162940_thumb.jpg

post-919-0-26867700-1406162959_thumb.jpg

post-919-0-89112600-1406162972_thumb.jpg

• Like 2