Sign in to follow this  
c141mower

new,yorkshire owner....

c141mower

hello all....am a lifelong wheelhorse fan having learned to drive at the age of 9 or 10 on a friends 800 commando...took me till the age of 40 till i had a garden big enough for a ride on!!!.....i started with a rough lawn ranger which i recently gave away to some friends to teach their 10!! children to drive ( inculcating a new generation of wh fans)...have recently purchased a very solid condition c141,the condition is amazing with any rust being superficial....i live on a smallholding and the wheelhose will earn its living but will be looked after well.....good for the next 35 years!!!.....everything works as it left the factory and most of the warning stickers etc are as new.....ive seen many many wheelhorses sold via ebay and mine is the most original ive ever seen.....the rubber pips on the deck release leaver etc still as new......it came with a sweeper in great original condition too...no good to me here in the fields but again in great condition...still fully functional....( let me know if your interested)....looking foreward to finding out more about these great tractors and hopefully ill get along to some of these northern meets...i think theres a guy local to me with a great collection......regards dave

Tom.

Welcome to redsquare Dave! I am also a fellow c141 wheel horse owner so I can assure you that you won't be disappointed!

meadowfield

Hey Dave,

Welcome to red square, where in Yorkshire are you?

Have fun!

Mark

c141mower

mornin tom,mark.....my c141 was a great find,...always liked the older 70s stuff and mine was like the end of the line style wise..all steel construction etc.....how do these rubber mounted engines get on ?? are the replacement bushes available if necessary...alto mine is in amazin condition mechanically,wont be needing spares for a while...fingers crossed!!..runs like new....soo quite!....Mark...im just over the hills from you up on the moors above todmorden....have read alot of your posts and seen your stable of horses...nice....would love to chat sometime as i recon you could help answer all my nigglin questions about maintainance ,spares etc....

meadowfield

Dave,

Fire away!

Which side of toddy? Lambutts, or Eastwood? We love the scenery up there, same hills as us, but a bit more rugged

Stick a pin on the members map!

Edited by meadowfield

AMC RULES

:wwp:    :handgestures-thumbsup:   

:WRS:

neil

Welcome to Redsquare Dave got to have another member from up T North :thumbs:

Would like to see some pics of  your beauty

Anglo Traction

:techie-hal:  :WRS:  Good to have another member to boost the numbers in your area.  Yep, there's a few of us who like the early 70's Tractors. Look forward to seeing the pics. 

Regards,

• Like 1

c141mower

874BD82E-22F3-486C-947C-0C62C076B4CE-572

not sure wether this will will work but this shud be a pix taken from the ebay advert...not got any pix myself yet....

• Like 1

c141mower

sucess!!!!....thanks for the welcomes guys....mark....i live over near blackshaw head ,in a farm in a field ...no mains water,gas or sewage...as you say rugged and very remote....basically boggy moorland....was snowed in for three weeks in jan and had to wheelbarrow all food feed and coal over the field from the road!!....as you know tho...they brew them strong here in yorkshire!!!!..hehe...the remoteness doesnt help communications...my broadband ( more accurately narrowband!) is sooo slow id be quicker driving the c141 over to show you in low ratio!!!.....will try to add more pix if i can.....the pix dont do justice to the wh at all...the seller made no allemt to clean it and under the dust and muck its bright paint....no rot at all....even the lights work....have only had her a week and have yet to give it a full test mowing my paddock but may get round to it later if it stays dry....

zanepetty

Welcome to red square! Looks like a really nice tractor. Enjoy it!

c141mower

1B9C40A4-54E9-43E9-845A-857DB64BFDEC-572

D9A80EE5-2CFD-4AFB-955C-2238AB2850DA-572

7D28D6E5-B1E1-413E-B116-5EA6BAB58040-572

hopefully a few more pix as requested.....

• Like 2

zanepetty

Looks really nice. I'm glad you plunged into the wheel horse world! I'm new too. I just bought my first going on three weeks ago. Its addicting to say the least! Looking forward to hearing more from you and your tractor!

meadowfield

I know Blackshawhead, used to have a friend who lived there until he sadly passed away. Is the New Delight still there?

neil

She looks like a real nice tractor & in amazing condition

Anglo Traction

Look' s in great condition 1978-ish. They don't show up like that very often. Reckon you have a WH that will cope with your winter climate with ease.

Stigian

Welcome to RedSquare Dave, your C-141 looks in great condition :handgestures-thumbup:

Stormin

Welcome aboard, Dave. :thumbs: 

I'd be interested in the sweeper if you don't require it. It would get put to good use.   :handgestures-thumbupright: 

c141mower

thanks for the contributions guys.....have had a chance to put the horse to the test now and its performed great...ran it up to temp with no problems and had the deck cutting 5ft high rushes...yep five ft!!!.....all my cutting is done at full height because the ground is so uneven...went great till i got stuck!!!.....once the momentum was lost i got well stuck!!!....think ive found the mowers limit...perhaps keep to the reeds below4ft!!...lol.....typically i was as far away from the house as i could be!!!....luckily i have a baby boater ( kubota b6000) to drag me out if necessary.....i did eventuall rock the wh out and get traction......im sure if i had cleated rear tyres it would have kept going...the engine didnt struggle or miss a beat....as the weather was hot and dry( by our english standards) the tractor got good and warm and before i put her away i checked for drips and seepage anywhere and all seemed fine...a good sign after such a thrashin!!!....im normally very very sympathetic mechanically to my vehicles but the wh needs to work to pay for itself....its great to have found a 35 yr old machine that can be used hard as intended...a real tribute to the design and build quality.....this tractor has another 35 yrs in it no problem!!!......will sort out a few more detailed pix as soon as i can........quick question ....my mower was supplied by mountfield berks and has an ali plate still attached....were these the main importer to the uk as ive seen many mowers supplied by them....also are they the same company that sells under its own name mountfield lawnfight or is it just coincidence....

c141mower

heres some updated pix of the new horse in the stable

39B4C24D-D513-4AA7-92CE-228860DC21C7-153

9AB5B06C-DF6D-43A9-982F-D99C38D9BE60-153

EE6C83F7-5B02-4FDD-82D5-325E6BB3E098-153

Stormin

Looks nice and tidy, Dave.

BTW. Is it you who been nicking the street signs round Burnley? :ychain:

Griff

Another recruit from yon side of t'umber, welcome to :rs: it's an amazing place, as you'll find.