Sign in to follow this  
zanepetty

tranny life expectancy!

Hey again guys. My 753 tractor has an hour meter installed on it. (Very neatly done.) It says it now has 1739 hours on it. I would say it might have a little more than that if its not original which I'm guessing its not? The meter does appear old though. How long can a trans last in a 753. (Approximately) I know you can't tell me exactly but it doesn't jump out of gear going up or down hill. Just wondering. Thanks guys, I appreciate it,

Zane

Edited by zanepetty

The one I just refurbished for my 310 [Out of a 416] had over 3000 hours on the meter. I changed a bearing and seals and gasket and had an axle worked on. Some of the gears showed wear but it is still working. I think if you keep the oil changed and refrain from grinding gears, they wll go a long long time.

Like Wishin said... they will last a long, long time, AS long as your not grinding gears in it. Your tractor was build in 1963 in the USA , Not like the box store ones today that are stamped steel & plastic. If you do routine maintenance to it,  your good         :handgestures-thumbupright:

chasm    :flags-waveusa:  

My little tractor gets babied I'll tell you that Haha! She grades the gravel drive but I always come to a complete stop before a change gears and its usually always run at idle speed. It will grind into the first gear I put it in upon initial start up but that's it. And its not a bad grind at that. It does have the correct amount of 85-90 wt oil in her as well.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By mattd860
      I have developed a kit that allows a Wheel Horse / Toro hydrostatic tractor to be operated by a pedal on the right side of the tractor. The original forward/reverse lever can be retained or removed. The kit includes everything needed to install the pedal kit and installation is simple with the help of a downloadable installation manual. Additionally, only one (1) 1/4" hole will need to be drilled which can be done by a hand drill. No other drilling or cutting will be necessary. Any tractor with this kit can be converted back to stock without any visible evidence that kit was installed. However, you'll never want to do that

The kit operates very simply and similar to modern tractors. When the pedal is pushed forwards the tractor will move forwards. When the reverse pedal is pressed downwards, the tractor will moved in reverse. If the operator takes his foot of the pedal at any time, the pedal will automatically center itself and the hydrostatic transmission will return to neutral (stop). This enables the operator to use both hands on the steering wheel or one hand on the wheel and the other operating an attachment like a snow blower, plow, etc.

The foot pedal is custom cast in Aluminum, uses brass bushings to minimize wear, and it closely matches the OEM Wheel Horse BRAKE pedal commonly found on 8-speed manual transmission tractors. Modifications were done to the pedal to add the reverse pedal and adapt the pedal to the rest of the kit. For the most part, the pedal looks like it was designed and manufactured by Wheel Horse / Toro. Additionally, a grease fitting has been adapted to the pedal to further minimize wear and tear and if the brass bushings ever wear out they are fully replaceable without having to buy a whole new pedal. 

The pedal kit fits the following series tractors with Eaton hydrostatic transmissions: C-1X5, 300, 400, 500. 

My kit can be adapted to older hydrostatic tractors with the Sundstrand transmission, however, you will need to find an updated hydro cam commonly found on ebay. Message me for more information. 

Here is a link where you can download the installation manual: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zp8ty4oxctzvt8a/Wheel Horse Hydro Foot Pedal Instructions V3.pdf?dl=0

I am selling these kits for $250 shipped to anywhere in the United States. I offer multi order discounts as well. I will also sell to other countries for additional shipping charges to be determined.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to PM me or post your question here and I will be glad to help. Or you can email me at mattdarling02@hotmail.com.

Thanks!

Below are pictures of the complete kit and the pedal installed on the tractor. Some modifications have been made since these pictures were taken. For example, the reverse pedal is now cast in aluminum instead of the steel pedal shown below. 

• By Goldann520
      Well guys, I guess it's so long! Someone bought my JD 212 yesterday,  and couldn't refuse the money for my 520 today.😣 I am no longer a wh owner, so doesnt feel right hangin' out with you guys. Thanks Terry  good luck all. See you down the road.
    • By Goldann520
      Hey guys, kinda gotta brag about this one. Got my sleeve hitch out of Alabama today for $100! Got part # 85518 from you guys,( thank you very much) got lucky and found it on ebay. Took a chance and ponied up the $100 with only a picture of the box. It's dated '93 so sure it's right for my 520h  and wouldn't you know, everything's there! Couldn't have done it without the wonderful members of this forum. Thanks Terry. Just what I need for my brinly plow, disk, tater plow, and backblade!
    • By Npostusa
      Hi Just bought my 312 this spring when we moved into a new home with two acres of land.  Love the wheel horse, but I am not even sure if I have to change a oil filter and for that matter where the filter or oil plug would be - any guidance would be appreciated.  Put a little marvel mystery oil in the gas, and just started it up for a few, but want to change the oil for the spring. Any guidance on where to start would be greatly appreciated. 

• By lak1965

New used fork from ebay shifter assembly with spring and bearings. Tomorrow I will upload a picture of a tool we made to reinstall the fork keeping spring and ball in place.