Sign in to follow this  
zanepetty

tranny life expectancy!

Hey again guys. My 753 tractor has an hour meter installed on it. (Very neatly done.) It says it now has 1739 hours on it. I would say it might have a little more than that if its not original which I'm guessing its not? The meter does appear old though. How long can a trans last in a 753. (Approximately) I know you can't tell me exactly but it doesn't jump out of gear going up or down hill. Just wondering. Thanks guys, I appreciate it,

Zane

Edited by zanepetty

The one I just refurbished for my 310 [Out of a 416] had over 3000 hours on the meter. I changed a bearing and seals and gasket and had an axle worked on. Some of the gears showed wear but it is still working. I think if you keep the oil changed and refrain from grinding gears, they wll go a long long time.

Like Wishin said... they will last a long, long time, AS long as your not grinding gears in it. Your tractor was build in 1963 in the USA , Not like the box store ones today that are stamped steel & plastic. If you do routine maintenance to it,  your good         :handgestures-thumbupright:

chasm    :flags-waveusa:  

My little tractor gets babied I'll tell you that Haha! She grades the gravel drive but I always come to a complete stop before a change gears and its usually always run at idle speed. It will grind into the first gear I put it in upon initial start up but that's it. And its not a bad grind at that. It does have the correct amount of 85-90 wt oil in her as well.