cruisnblue48

My first competition pull (WH C120)

cruisnblue48

I have my Wheel Horse C-120 ready for my first competition pull this Saturday at the Dover Old Tyme Days (PA) tractor show. You may remember a previous post by Big Jake who built this pulling tractor over a year ago. I bought it from Big Jake earlier this year. Getting excited to find out what she can do.

post-5879-0-62128600-1376621183_thumb.jp

post-5879-0-41518900-1376620964_thumb.jp

post-5879-0-75218600-1376620991_thumb.jp

• Like 7

AMC RULES

Good   :wh: luck!    :wwp: 

We'll be pulling for you.   :) 

shallowwatersailor

All right!!! Good Luck!

Edited by shallowwatersailor

octfst

Good Luck & enjoy your self. I've only pulled 3 times (2 dead sled 1 transfer sled) with my stock 753. It's real fun. I enjoyed the transfer sled the most.

Digger 66

How 'bout a list of mods ?

welderman85

good luck great looking tractor

AMC RULES

Any updates...how'd it do?     :auto-checkeredflag:

953 nut

:woohoo:   If they have a "Best Appearing Puller" prize you have a winner even before the flag drops!  :text-coolphotos:   Good luck and have fun.

:USA: 

kenw520hc

great looking tractor, GIT-ER-DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :teasing-whipyellow::banghead:

Edited by kenw520hc

cruisnblue48

Well, I did my first competition pull two weeks ago... 15 tractors in the Stock 25 class. Most of them were Cubs... just a few WH's. Anyway, I had the shortest pull in my class. Not compaining at all about that as I need the experience more so than just going in there and blowing the veterans away. There were a couple other tractors that went only a foot or two further than I did. However, some of the Cub guys that have been doing this for a long time, went 50-60 feet further than I did which definititely got my attention. All in all, I had a great time and it was a lot of fun for my first experience at garden tractor pulling. I know that I have a lot to learn yet. Looks like I will have to try several different set-ups to figure out how to get more distance in my pulls. I pulled in 3rd high gear thinking that I needed the speed to keep up with what the Cubs were doing. However, the engine bogged down and stalled well before any wheel spin at the end of the pull. Will have to try 2nd high gear next time I think to sacrifice speed for more torque. I missed a pull this past Saturday due to having to work long overtime hours, had to work 84 hours last week. Looking forward to doing this again as there are a few more dates on the schedule yet this year.

As far as a list of mods on my WH puller... Big Jake built an awesome pulling tractor that I have here... not only looks good but is a hell of a lot of fun to drive. The frame and transaxle is from a 1977 Wheel Horse C-120. The hood is from a 1965 WH. The engine is a Robin Subaru 22hp v-twin which runs and sounds great! Big Jake had put dropped front spindles on the tractor when he built it. I had to replace them with stock spindles to pull in Stock 25 class here in southern PA. Rear tires are new Carlisle 26x12x12 TruPowers. Very cool pulling tractor and extremely proud to own it.

post-5879-0-89700400-1378149177_thumb.jp

post-5879-0-75472100-1378149193_thumb.jp

Edited by cruisnblue48
  • Like 2

AMC RULES

Keep after it...you'll get it done.  

Cool picts with the wheels up.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

chris11

Great job, you get it under control. Its alot of fun i have to get my wheel horse out and running.

cruisnblue48

I know that I started this thread about a year ago, but I have some updated pics from this year to share. I applied new vinyl graphics that my cousin made for me earlier this year. So, she has a bit of a "different" look now...

post-5879-0-42963700-1412462559_thumb.jp

post-5879-0-14140300-1412462634_thumb.jp

post-5879-0-17639800-1412462681_thumb.jp

post-5879-0-74645100-1412462711_thumb.jp

post-5879-0-58504900-1412462758_thumb.jp

post-5879-0-34241900-1412462799_thumb.jp

post-5879-0-56415200-1412462951_thumb.jp

post-5879-0-64094300-1412462842_thumb.jp

post-5879-0-43871700-1412462877_thumb.jp

So, other than new vinyl graphics and rear tires, this puller is still basically the exact same tractor that I bought off of Big Jake a year and a half ago. Still a ton of fun to drive. Giddy up!!!

Edited by cruisnblue48
  • Like 3

Jparkes43

realy cool pictures.

james

baerpath

Looks good like the decals

Is that the Rude Dog sled ?  Couple of us thought about running down that way for a weekend just didn't work out this yr.  It will take some hooks to get the right setup. Just remember hitch height is maximum, doesn't say you can't lower it to stay in high.  If allowed a adjustable front pulley works great to tune for the track also.

cruisnblue48

Thanks Duane. Yes, that is the Rude Dog sled. Bob Ansell does a great job of organizing his pulling events here in south central PA. Rude Dog Pullers do most of their garden tractor pulling events at the Peddler's Market near Newberrytown, PA... actually right across the street from Susquehanna Speedway Park. We also have pulling events at the Dover Olde Tyme Days, Windsor Steam-O-Rama, and fun pulls at the Little Guys Show on the Rentzel Farm near Mt. Wolf, PA.

baerpath

I went to the steam-o-rama and pulled years ago.  Wasn't Rude dogs sled that year.  If you can't use them do you want to sell the drop spindles ?

diamondred

No doubt , nice tractor, like the that front axle. gives me an idea ... :eusa-think:

cruisnblue48

Duane, sorry the drop spindles are not for sale. I have to use the stock spindles for competition pulls. But I put the drop spindles on the front axle for fun pulls and tractor shows. Only takes me about 15-20 minutes to swap them.

baerpath

That's fine just figured I'd ask.  I'll probably go with a straight 200 series front axle. Drops the front and cut's weight. And it's a stock WH front axle ,