Sign in to follow this  
WheelHorse_of_course

See my Shredder and mounts

WheelHorse_of_course

Just wanted to share my successful MacKissic Shredder Project.

I posted a thread in the pictures area. But if you want to ask questions B) or make comments B) you can do it on this thread :whistle:

Pictures here http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=4740

More pictures on my photo page here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26014232@N03/

I have to send all those pictures to MacKissic so I can get a parts list for this baby.

Have a good weekend folks. :horseplay:

linen beige

Where'dyagetitIwantone!

Kelly

Nice, Work good? I just picked up a shreder from the junk yard, nice shape, with all the mounts, but it's for a Cub B) but it looks like a mackissic just painted yellow, I need to make a bracket to mount mine before the leaves fall.

WheelHorse_of_course

Linen,

They do show up now and then. Don't worry if it is for WH or something else, grab it.

Actually I bought mine from Nick after posting a wanted added here on Red Square. Nick wanted to give me such a good deal I had to pay him extra to make it fair. Thanks Nick !

Kelly,

So far I am very pleased. Mine doesn't have the chipper chute like the newer models. I guess I would say its limit on brush is about 1". I have tried up to 1.5 to 2 inch short pieces and sometimes they go through and sometimes jam. I prefer to burn anything down to about that size anyway (use the small stuff as quasi kindling).

It works very nicely for compost. I had a full bin that was not done. Shredded it and put it in the other bin and it heated up and was done in a few days. The damper stuff near the bottom of the pile will go slowly, but I have learned to throw in a stick every so often to bang things around and clear it.

So far I have made close to a yard of mulch plus processed a fair amount of last year's leaves from their pile into the compost.

I am very pleased and looking forward to handling this years leaves much more efficiently. B) :whistle:

Nick

Its good to see that things worked out well with the shredder. :whistle: For some reason that project just never got up on my build list. B)

No video of the shredder in action? B)

WheelHorse_of_course

Just heard back from MacKissic and this is a "9 Series Shredder/Grinder".

Parts are still available. :banghead:

sorekiwi

So where is the video of the beast in action, Rolf?

WheelHorse_of_course

Sorry guys - no videos. My phone is broken and my wife refused to stop watching football to come out and watch/film things.....

Yesterday I cut up a large 5" branch plus a larger ~7" branch. I ran everything below about 1" through the Mighty Mac. It took about 2 hours to chip it all up and I have about 2/3 yard of mulch.

I did not jam the chipper even once and it worked very well. I agree with the recent observation that 12 HP seems just right for these chippers. :banghead: :USA:

wallfish

Hmmmmmmmm,

I have something similar to this sitting out side. I bought it last year for the motor that was on it. Shouldn

WheelHorse_of_course

Hmmmmmmmm,

I have something similar to this sitting out side. I bought it last year for the motor that was on it. Shouldn

HarleyMan46929

HarleyMan46929 here,

What's going to happen when you, or someone else who doesn't know the limits of

your shredder, puts something in it that jams the knives, or just plain does a BELT REMOVAL, and your shredder hits the ground hard since the belt's tension isn't holding it up any longer? You might want to invest in some small dolly-wheels, or some kind of support rods, that will catch it before it goes THUD!!!, and you have to remodel the shredder. I'd probably be watching that belt constantly, at the expense of

getting much shredding done, just waiting on the "Whack!" THUD!!!, and watching the poor shredder doing a "Deacon's Masterpiece" right in front of God, wife, and a teary-eyed Ken (me)!!!! Just a thought. I wish I had one, but I don't yet!!!

HarleyMan46929

I've been using my son's laptop, which must be having a BLACK LETTER DAY, since it keeps re-positioning everything I type.

Another idea just hit me, maybe a spring-loaded device,similar to the return-to-vertical springs on a snowplow, but instead of bringing it back, fix it so it won't let the shredder fall completely. If you have any questions, message me at HarleyMan46929 on here.

wallfish

I started building mine and one of the first things on it was wheels, just so it could be easily moved around