Brrly1

"Are you ready for some Big Ten football"

squonk

My feelings always ask me "what's in the fridge?"  :)

stevasaurus

I already know what is in the fridge... :violence-blades: Cheese...Sausage...Smoked Oysters...Bloody Mary mix...Salsa...everything you need to watch DA BEARS and DA BROWNS and DA BIG TEN HOME TEAMS WIN this week. :woohoo::happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-jumpeveryone:

squonk

Don't the Bears have a bye this week? At least they will only lose a half game this Sunday!

• Like 1

RMCIII

HA. Da-Bears would loose an entire game, this year, even in a bye week..... They SUCKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:  :banghead:  :bitch:  And I can say that BECAUSE I WAS BORN IN ILLINOIS :greetings-clappingyellow:  and still have family and an address in Illinois... They truly Suck.... :laughing-rofl:  :scared-eek: I still Root for them but it is PATHETIC.... :handgestures-fingerscrossed: Here is hoping for a :text-happynewyear:  :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1

JimD

Minnesota, Northwestern, Michigan St., Ohio St.

papaglide

Drum roll...............Nebraska, Iowa, Mich State, Ohio State.......I really don't think that the Huskers will win but I really liked Tom Osborne. I loved Lou Holtz. Lou coached at Minnesota....Ricky Foggie anyone? There aren't any connections between Lou and the Gophers though. Aha! Here it goes: Bo Pelini coached under Frank Solich who coached under Tom Osborne therefore its the Huskers. My logic at its finest. Relish the moment gents!

• Like 1

bitten

nebraska 

northwestern

michigan state

THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

RMCIII

Well, here we go:

Nebraska

Iowa

Michigan St.

The Ohio State Buckeyes

• Like 1

Hodge71

Make or break week I must say….No matter how much I think about it…its a toss up big time…. so here goes nothin

Nebraska over the Gophers even though they're home.

Northwestern over Iowa in a close one...

Michigan State will hammer Illinois as it should be

And it kills me to do it, but I pick Ohio State over PSU. I hope they prove me wrong but Penn State doesn't have much luck in that stadium. 

I actually think I picked the opposite of everyone this week. Which means I will either be in the basement after today or be so far ahead I can coast til the end  :confusion-confused:

squonk

I hate Nebraska! Why did I pick Nebraska? If I pick those Gibronies to lose they win! :eusa-doh::angry-tappingfoot::disgust:

• Like 1

papaglide

"....I really don't think that the Huskers will win but I really liked Tom Osborne. I loved Lou Holtz...."

I suppose I should have gone with the love instead of like......I really don't like my logic sometimes..

Edited by papaglide

stevasaurus

So far it is an upset Home team weekend...just like the tea leaves, and Pink Floyd told me.  Rock and Rye gents...I am making a come back. :woohoo:   If Illinois can get their act together...Holy First Place Bragging Rights...Batman!!! :happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-jumpeveryone:

stevasaurus

RESULTS AFTER WEEK # 9  OCTOBER 26TH

WINNING TEAMS...MINNESOTA, IOWA, MICHIGAN ST., OHIO ST.

WITH 3 WINS AND 1 LOSS...BRRLY1, JIMD...PAPAGLIDE...RMCIII...STEVASAURUS

WITH 2 WINS AND 2 LOSSES...BITTEN,,,HODGE71

WITH 1 WIN AND 3 LOSSES...SQUONK :)

BK-SCOUTER WAS MIA THIS WEEK

THE TOTAL STANDINGS

53 WINS AND 15 LOSSES...HODGE71

52 WINS AND 16 LOSSES...BRRLY1...STEVASAURUS

51 WINS AND 17 LOSSES...BITTEN...JIMD...PAPAGLIDE...RMCIII

43 WINS AND 25 LOSSES..SQUONK

45 WINS AND 19 LOSSES...BK-SCOUTER  (missed week # 9)

Edited by stevasaurus

stevasaurus

WEEK # 10  NOVEMBER 2  SIX GAMES TO PICK THIS WEEK :woohoo:

illinois.png  ILLINOIS  AT  PENN ST.  penn_state.png

wisconsin.png  WISCONSIN  AT  IOWA  iowa.png

ohio_state.png  OHIO ST.  AT  PURDUE  purdue.png

minnesota.png  MINNESOTA  AT  INDIANA  indiana.png

northwestern.png  NORTHWESTERN  AT  NEBRASKA  nebraska.png

michigan.png  MICHIGAN  AT  MICHIGAN ST.  michigan_state.png

papaglide

I see 3 fairly simple games to pick and, 3 "holy crap! who in the hell am I going to take!?!" games.....no logic this weekend just hard, analytical and statistical analysis. Picks out later this week.

• Like 1

Brrly1

Hope things are well for everyone. Well it goes like this, I will take the home teams except for drum roll ah what the heck I will take Ohio State and Minnesota the rest will be the home teams of Iowa, Nebraska, Penn State, Michigan State. Up to that we are good. Stevasaurus your looking good, just wondering if you take the Bears like you do Illinois? Nah, silly question.

As always, Go Hawkeyes!!!!

post-45-0-26020200-1383128517.jpg

• Like 1

bk-scouter

So, there I was, standing in an Amish furniture store last Saturday with my wife trying to pick out our bedroom suite furniture.  When it suddenly dawned on me that it was 1:30 and I completely forgot to post my picks before we left that morning. :no:  :banghead: .

Does that mean I have to turn in my man card ????  :hide:

-BK

• Like 2

squonk

So, there I was, standing in an Amish furniture store last Saturday with my wife trying to pick out our bedroom suite furniture.  When it suddenly dawned on me that it was 1:30 and I completely forgot to post my picks before we left that morning. :no:  :banghead: .

Does that mean I have to turn in my man card ????  :hide:

-BK

only if you picked out ruffly pillows and blankets,

My picks which at this point are hopeless are:

Penn St. Wisconsin. Osu. Gophers. Neb. Mich.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Not at all BK...we do a weekly bragging rights thing here...and...you are still ahead of Squonk in the win column for the total.  I almost missed last Saturday also...my Mom ended up in the hospital (having trouble breathing)...she is OK now.  Looking forward to your picks this week. :)

My picks...Penn St....Wisconsin...Ohio St....Indiana...Northwestern...Michigan St.  What the heck am I thinking???...tough games this week...that's what. :bow-blue:

JimD

Well, after a consultation with the old

2013-real-estate-crystal-ball.jpg

(man is it foggy in there) I've come up with my picks for this week...

Penn St., Iowa, Ohio St., Indiana, Nebraska, and Michigan. I figure there has to be some risk taken here and there to pony up to those bragging rights, that, or end up in the basement crying in squonk's beer! :ychain:

Edited by JimD
  • Like 2

bitten

penn state

wisconsin

THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

indiana 

nebraska 

michigan state

squonk

If you make it to the cellar, you have to buy!  :orcs-cheers:  :popcorn:

• Like 2

Hodge71

I thought it would get easier after mid season!!! lol

Here we go guys

Penn State

Wisconsin

Ohio State

Indiana

Northwestern

And last but not least Michigan State

​Good luck guys…got beers and brats already waiting to grill tomorrow and a pork loin hitting the smoker at 10 AM

• Like 2

bk-scouter

I've been down in the basement for a while too Squonk, the spiders are UGLY ......

OK, I've managed to get back to the picks so here we go...

PENN ST.,   WISCONSIN,  OHIO ST., INDIANA,  NORTHWESTERN, and last but NOT the least, of course michigan.png  MICHIGAN.

GO BLUE !!  (Where Duke's Gatling gun when you need it ??)

-BK

Edited by bk-scouter
  • Like 1

RMCIII

Here we go:

Penn State

Wisconsin

The Ohio State Buckeyes

Minanda.... LOL. This is a tough one. Minnesota is just coming off a huge up-set over Nebraska, Indiana have lost their last 2 road games. < I'll let you know at half time my pick. :laughing-rolling: . < I'm thinking that none of you will let me make that decision, so Minnesota.

Nebraska

Actually this last pick is a tough one also. Michigan, with the overall ranking categories, is a better team. Michigan St. has not lost to a Big 10 team and they are 7-1. I'm thinking a Michigan team will win this game no matter what... :hilarious: .

I'll go with the Spartans on this one.....

• Like 1