Sign in to follow this  
Deere Hunter

Updating the puller

Deere Hunter

This past week I finally got around to getting the new twin together. 45 cube Kohler Command with recast heads, big valves, roller cam, home built intake. RPM's should be in the mid 11,000's. Here are some pics. Hopefully the weather improves tomorrow so I can break it in! Had to cut a few holes in one of my spare hoods to get it to fit. Ran out of time to get it painted.

E41A1C6C-18B8-42A9-8A84-1386FAFA0272-965

142A7FD6-BA05-4F75-B70A-66F296A6F4BA-965

7EA6C155-D1F3-4798-B77A-5211529C1610-965

D00785A6-A9C2-4E6E-AEF2-C69111119FB0-965

9BAA6BE1-4B02-43CA-8020-A1FE56A0B1E3-965

317BE55B-F427-40EA-BD82-D9B447123DE2-965

Oh and a video of it idling, audio doesn't do it justice.

http://i323.photobucket.com/albums/nn448/DeereHunterOSS/E82C1D77-6356-45B9-9B50-56C823D0A4C8-9655-00000E3D09FEACFF_zpse9f59e50.mp4

• Like 3

AMC RULES

Awesome build up there...is that second pict the same hood before it was cut? 

baerpath

Gee Wayne I sold my 20hp. looking for a engine. What ya gonna do with the old one ??

Sounds good  Hey were running to Kentucky with the mods for the NQS pull you thinking of going

Deere Hunter

Yeah, same hood.

Duane, I will still run the old engine. It meets the rules for Mid Penn. this one here will run in the Open Super Stock classes. Doubt I will make Kentucky, wanted to take the Pro/Super but schedule at work is going to keep me home.

SousaKerry

Wow how many horses do you expect to get out of that monster??

• Like 1

Deere Hunter

With this style setup you usually see 100-125 HP. It should be somewhere in that range, if we got it right.

• Like 1

chris11

Wayne very nice, sounds great cant wait to see it run.

Deere Hunter

Friday night I took it to Virginia to run at a County Fair pull. There was 13 tractors in the Open Super Stock class. I was the test hook so I brought it out easy the first time, only turned it 9500 rpm. Made a nice straight run and the motor sounded good. Only thing I noticed was the O2 reading was kinda rich. So I dropped the test hook and told them I'd come back last. On the test hook I pulled 212 feet. Leaned the carb out and waited for my turn. This time I brought it out harder, was turning over 10,000. Tach only goes to 10, need to get a different tach lol. Was making a nice straight run till I was about 10 feet from leader cone and the engine skipped twice. Glanced down at the O2 gauge at it was pegged on the lean side. Just that quick it popped and shut off. Then I realized...I never turned the fuel pump on! It was all good tho, I had so much ground speed that when it shut off I drifted two feet past the leader cone. I'm pretty happy with that. First time out and it gets a first! Especially since I was going to the pull just to get a few test hooks and get the bugs worked out. Wasn't expecting to win it. I have another pull today, have to see how it goes today.

• Like 1

welderman85

great looking motor I bet it sounds sweet

RMCIII

LOL---Running on fumes he finished first...... Hate to see what it would do if you actually got the fuel/air mixture spot on... :woohoo:

sdwyer41

LOL, I have a hard time getting back to the shed on fumes.  He finishes the pull and comes in first after he runs out of gas.